Votes: 92 67.6%
  • Route c

Votes: 11 8.1%

• Total voters

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
When you have a product to sell, sometimes you don't have to do much, the logo designs itself. Occasionally you have to work a bit harder, compare Skint and the problem there is with ITS.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I would love to think that fan power could persuade the club to listen, after all a football club without its fans is nothing.

The branding of the stadium need not effect the club's badge and there's no reason why the architects cannot work with us on this, to produce something we can all be proud of.

But football is littered with examples where clubs don't listen to fans e.g. any premiership club. And I once knew of a club who sold their ground without telling the supporters.They don't on the whole, tend to do a lot of listening I'm afraid. Still at least you got a reply from Ken Brown; that'll be worth a bit on ebay.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I hate the shield, always have done always will.

As for the feedback on the designs on this thread, to be honest I think they are a bit overworked and probably difficult to reproduce on a shirt beyond a simple iron on transfer.

However - I agree with their spirit and we should go back to the round design. No need for a massive re-design, we've got a badge and it's perfect.

Apologies to anyone who has grown up with the shield but quite frankly it's totally wrong.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Well I think we're all agreed that we need a new Badge/Crest and you've come up with three excellent ones for discussion.

The current one is poor to say the least.

I like the idea of something 'Sussex' in the badge so I quite like the idea of the Martletts, but A does look a little cluttered.

Could these (The Martletts) be UNDER the crest ?

Anyway thanks for your efforts, top work IMO

Of those 3, B for me. Don't like the little seagulls on A or the shape of c.

I'm probably in a minority of one here but to be honest I'm not that fussed. In fact I even had to look at the website just to check out what the current badge is. It's just not important to me, sorry!

I think there are far more important things in life we should be discussing. Like the nuclear non-proliferation treaty. Or whether Portslade actually is part of Brighton.

But that's just me. Clearly getting old.

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
For the tam kit lets have the 1983 round cup final bade back, or something very similar.

Oct 11, 2005
London
Again, thanks for all the feedback both positive and negative.

Following on from some comments yesterday I have spent some time reviving the original 1970's badge, trying to keep as close as possible to its original form. It's work in progress, but I would be interesting in hearing what people think... Cheers, Matt

Attachments

• 1970_revived.jpg
    1970_revived.jpg
    344 KB · Views: 140

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Love the round badge above. Looks very smart, clean and classy and a nice evolution from the old round badge.

Sadly, I don't believe the Club are minded to change the badge, but if they are, I would vote for the round one above.

Great work, Mayfair :thumbsup:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Great work, Mayfair. Love the new 70s style round one!

Last edited:

johnnyrocketpants

Mar 7, 2009
I like B, but would prefer to see a BIGGER seagull, with the wingtips either touching the outside of the circle, or even sticking out a tad.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'd love to see the club start selling the club as the Team of Sussex, but I'm not holding my breath at the moment. I think they've missed a trick over the last few years.

Two points:

Still can't believe how shocking the current badge is.

Not convinced by the cartoon seagull on the badge. I still think keep the round design, love the gold but the bird needs refreshing.

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
I'd love to see the club start selling the club as the Team of Sussex, but I'm not holding my breath at the moment. I think they've missed a trick over the last few years.

Two points:

Still can't believe how shocking the current badge is.

Not convinced by the cartoon seagull on the badge. I still think keep the round design, love the gold but the bird needs refreshing.

Agreed - we're in the rather unique position of being the only league club in a county and I think more should be made of it.

New badge above with gold looks very good Mayfair.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here