Votes: 92 67.6%
  • Route c

Votes: 11 8.1%

• Total voters

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Could we have a side by side comparison of the classic round badge and mayfair's most recent reworking?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
B, but it's a bit too intricate to put on a cloth badge.

Oct 11, 2005
London
Could we have a side by side comparison of the classic round badge and mayfair's most recent reworking?

Here you go.. sorry about the pixelated file - it was the best I could find of the original badge.

Attachments

• Revived_original.png
    Revived_original.png
    92.5 KB · Views: 130

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
IMHO

1. Mayfair's designs are better than the current badge

2. Mayfair's designs are not perfect

3. The club should always listen to/look at fans' opinions and suggestions for a re- designed badge.

4. Just because a fan has designed it, it doesn't automatically make it better than something which the club's own designers might come up with. Much as most of us may seem to like Mayfair's designs, the club's own people might produce something that more of us like. Who knows?

5. Whoever designs what, the fans should be given the option to vote for their choice - and that means all fans, not just NSC.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Where is the "Good effort but I don't really think any of them are better than what we have" option?

If KSS are going to re-brand the Albion, I would expect something better than any of these options.

Oct 11, 2005
London
Where is the "Good effort but I don't really think any of them are better than what we have" option?

If KSS are going to re-brand the Albion, I would expect something better than any of these options.

Thanks for the feedback Superphil, as I've said before all feedback is welcome, good and bad. Just interested though, do you really prefer the current badge over the 1970's revival.

Attachments

• Current_badge_2.jpg
    Current_badge_2.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 123

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
No problem Mayfair, it's a difficult one as I always loved the old badge, however, I have absolutly no problem with the current one. Compared to the 70s revival one, tbh, I think "retro" is fast getting out of hand, and I think that retro stuff is going to start looking very dated in the near future.

If the badge is to change, then I would prefer something pretty much completely new. Let the past stay in the past, and be a great memory.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
So, are we blaming the badge for our poor performance over the last few seasons? Is changing the badge the same as changing the manager? In which case I vote for the badge that will win us the most games. Can we try them out - say play 6 games with each badge and see which one wins the most? That would be great fun as we could cheer on our favourite badge 'Come on the martlets' or 'come on the angry seagull' or 'come on the waves'.

Other than that I'm with Cadiz Seagull.

Great design work by the way - who gets the IPR?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Just to add some fuel to the fire... I think the best badge we ever had was this one:

:keepitsimple:

(the home kit was rubbish, mind)

brighton-and-hove-albion-home-shirt-2004-to-2006-s_11_1.jpg

extra_football_shirt_443_1.jpg

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I don't quite get the whole fixation with the retro thing..

We need to be looking forward rather than back in my opinion. That latest revision is by far the best so far (the one with the simple seagull), but I really can't see the club going for something that close to the original. It all just looks too dated, even if it is very professional.

'A' for effort though Mayfair! :thumbsup:

westy

Jul 25, 2003
Although a very slick job has been done on all 3 here I think the current badge is fine and would stick with it for now.

Thanks for the feedback Superphil, as I've said before all feedback is welcome, good and bad. Just interested though, do you really prefer the current badge over the 1970's revival.

But that isn't the current badge. That's the badge when we were getting stuffed during our second season at Gillingham

The current badge has "Brighton & Hove Albion" and not B&HAFC" as its text.

images

eng-brighton_and_hove_albion_fc2.gif

Tiger Barb

Jan 31, 2009
Finland (where else?)
I've mentioned this before , but I would like to see 'Stand or Fall' from SBTS integrated into the badge and also used over the players entrance to the pitch at Falmer.

I think some people commented at the time that it might look good in Latin ...

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I like A. And B. Think I prefer A though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here