Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Albion's best ever goal. FACT

Half Man Half Biscuit

Oct 10, 2003
Hove
Brentford away to me will only ever mean one thing - that strike by Garry Nelson in the FA Cup for us in 1987. Ask any of the 2,000 Brighton fans that were there that day and they'll wax lyrical about it.

Anyway, I went down the library this week to research that goal and found some great stuff from the Argus. I also interviewed Garry Nelson today about his memories of the goal.

So before you head of to London village tonight, fill your boots with some old Albion clippings and these fantastic memories. Albion gold?

My Favourite Ever Goal

Enjoy!

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Brentford away to me will only ever mean one thing - that strike by Garry Nelson in the FA Cup for us in 1987. Ask any of the 2,000 Brighton fans that were there that day and they'll wax lyrical about it.

Anyway, I went down the library this week to research that goal and found some great stuff from the Argus. I also interviewed Garry Nelson today about his memories of the goal.

So before you head of to London village tonight, fill your boots with some old Albion clippings and these fantastic memories. Albion gold?

My Favourite Ever Goal

Enjoy!

Fantastic work sir. My favourite Albion goal too. Marvellous picture of the old season ticket. Nostalgia's not what it used to be eh?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I can't think what my favourite goal is.

I liked the winner at Sheffied United a few years back when we were in the Palookaville kit (I can't remember if Leon Knight or Trolley scored it). However, having seen it again on 'Dick Knight's 100 greatest Albion goals' DVD, it wasn't all that. I guess it was more the moment that was special than the goal.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Brilliant. That moment is frozen in time...in my head. I was 18 the following year. I can't remember my 18th birthday at all but I can remember that goal, the celebrations, people getting kicked out etc etc

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Fact or opinion?
Fact, although I'm sure he started the run in the car park behind the home end

Interesting reading the comment about the next round at Northampton, I cant remember any difficulties getting a ticket, I'm sure it was pay on the gate and I can't remember a huge amount of away fans there

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
Great read as ever, Bernstein. I can't believe this is not captured on film for whippernsnappers such as myself who missed it at first hand. Chances of similar joy tonight ? Exactly.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
My brother, who was there, has long since said the same, this is the best Albion goal ever.

As I wasnt there, I basically couldnt give a sh*t.

The best Albion goal I ever saw was Ronnie Reinalts at Hereford.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Would this game have been televised so that regional TV news could show the goals?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Still consider Mark Lawrenson's goal v Wolves in 1978 (?) the best seen from a Brighton player.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
FACT

My Favourite Ever Goal

Enjoy!

Indeed Sir, i too was present and IMO it is FACT

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here