Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Albion Roar - 8th October - Richard Hebberd & Elliott Moore

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Let Richard Hebberd know that so far the Stewarding has been excellent in the East Stand. Low-key and friendly. Not what some of us (i.e. me) were anticipating based on some events at Withdean. And I think the East Stand has worked as the "Respect" stand.

The steward on D entrance seems a good guy.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Is the potential drop from the front of the West Stand Upper being investigated at all?

Few people still concerned.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'm not sure whether this is within Mr Hebbard's remit, but please could you ask him if there are plans to extend or create a new park and ride facility to help serve any future stadium expansion. Could you ask if the club is happy with how the transport issue is working out, and if there are any changes to be implemented.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Al:

Suggest that you ask Elliott Moore about Kiosks on the approach to the stadium from the station and P & R bus stops. A lot of people have said about there not being chips available and I can understand why. Could they not operate a kiosk / Burger Van similar to what they had at Withdean serving chips and possibly bacon rolls and or hot dogs and burgers.

This would not hit the sales in the stadium because it would encourage more people to buy snacks who wouldnt normally queue for ages in the concourses to buy a limited selection of hot snacks and there is already a small burger stall outside of Falmer Station which appears to do well. Obviously if run in conjunction with the existing facilties it would bring in more revenue to the club.

1. Good post
2. Happy Birthday

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
I'd like some reassurance from Elliott that the more adventurous food options originally promised have not been shelved. Nor indeed put on the back-burner. That Thai green curry would have been very welcome.

The Piglet's Pantry pies are indeed gorgeous. But not everyone wants the same thing week in, week out. One easy to serve option would be high-quality, prepacked sandwiches à la Pret à Manger. And with the colder weather coming, a couple of decent soups would surely be popular. How about it, Elliott?

Finally, well done to all concerned with the East Central Brasserie. Excellent menus, quality food, nicely served, decent atmosphere. I'll be back.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Richard - any plans to increase the number of 25 buses running post match (i would be happy to get these back to town, if i knew they were available post-match) oh and well done on the low-key stewarding (from what i've seem anyway) and a double well done on the post match bar opening thing - this is SUPERB and please don't let a bunch of numpties from S london ruin what has been a really positive and friendly initiative.

Elliot - please please please increase the numbers of catering staff working on match day. I find it hard to spend my money in west upper because of the lengthy, slow-moving queues.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Richard - any plans to increase the number of 25 buses running post match (i would be happy to get these back to town, if i knew they were available post-match) oh and well done on the low-key stewarding (from what i've seem anyway) and a double well done on the post match bar opening thing - this is SUPERB and please don't let a bunch of numpties from S london ruin what has been a really positive and friendly initiative.

Elliot - please please please increase the numbers of catering staff working on match day. I find it hard to spend my money in west upper because of the lengthy, slow-moving queues.
I think that's more a question for the Transport Manager if he comes on for a show, rather than stadium operation.

Otherwise, yes, my comments are exactly the same as les dynam's. The stewarding in the ground has been brilliant, I've stood in the North and sat in the East and West without ever feeling that I'm constantly being watched by a team of nutters looking for a reason to throw their weight around. I LOVE the pies and Harveys - just make sure there's enough of it and we can get it quickly!

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
To Richard: Is there any plans to open Dick's Baron non-match Saturdays? I was in the club shop last Saturday and loads of customers were asking the staff why it wasn't open. I think it would be very popular.

Also, where's the spicy noodles?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I can honestly say no it isn't I have been trying to contact him for weeks and he never replys

Which is just plain rude in my view, like MP was away and no auto-office saying on holiday so perhaps the club management should have a lesson in Microsoft Mail ?

And if his answer is the predictable I get 300 mails a day haven't time why does he have a PA ? What do they do all day ?

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm not sure whether this is within Mr Hebbard's remit, but please could you ask him if there are plans to extend or create a new park and ride facility to help serve any future stadium expansion. Could you ask if the club is happy with how the transport issue is working out, and if there are any changes to be implemented.

Would it not pay to put one somewhere North of The Amex Stadium, In or around Lewes as I am sure that would ease the load of Mill Rd and probably Mithras House plus the approach road from Brighton and the A27.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Q to RH in light of the 5.30 kick off time on the 15th. How does the segregation in the South Stand work when the away support is less than 1,000 ? Is it netting over a block of seats and a row of stewards ? Metal shutters dividing two sets of fans ? When is the decision made to release extra tickets for Albion fans to watch from the South Stand ?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Park and Ride.

Having used Mill Road (poor unless you arrive hours before the game) Mithras House (Better) and Racecourse (IMO best option of the three but for those of us coming from the North of Sussex means driving throgh the City to get there) it is clear that the only solution to the very long queues is for more busses to be made available. (Don't let him tell you that all Park and Ride Qs were clear in half an hour, that's just rubbish. After Palace it was an hour.) If there's a long Q and it's moving it doesn't feel so bad. Oh, and count people onto the busses so that the bus is full. (After Leeds and Liverpool busses left half empty with people still in the Q)

The three queues were all merged into one, all up the stairs (until the stewards decided that was unsafe so the Racecourse Q was moved back to where it was previously.) Frankly the Park and Ride system isn't working as well as it could be. I know it's too late for this season, but how about next year move the 1901 parking over to the Uni, move all the disabled parking to Bennetts field, and with the spare space at Bennetts field increase and improve the Park and Ride system.

Finally, so far this season (and I've been to every home game) I haven't yet been asked for a single travel voucher, either to or from the Amex at any of the Park and Ride sites. Should I bother to buy a book of vouchers next year?

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Elliott: Lovely though they are, are there any plans to rotate the pie fillings?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here