Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Albion Roar - 8th October - Richard Hebberd & Elliott Moore

Nov 20, 2003
hove
good shout mr tubthumper thats my point if Albion Roar or anybody else says things they dont like ........ ect. andy naylors been treading egg shells for years and yes he told me that himself

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
bit unlucky ,they have a good goalkeeper lot of your good players moved on ,not many out there to replace

Actually Mini moved back as he was with Sompting Thistle for 3/4 of last season as he left.

Their keeper got nowhere near Minis pile-driver of a goal

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I do find Perry and RH's NSC stance a bit odd. It's 2011 and whether you like or dislike NSC it is irrelevant. It's the main talking shop for Albion supporters and they therefore need to engage with it one way or another. It's the way the world operates these days.
NSC provides a decent cross section of support, it is the perfect tool for club feedback, GOOD and BAD. It appears that if it is written on here then it is dismissed without a second glance, I believe that MP and RH need to have a little rethink about this attitude.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The Albion Roar is an excellent show - I came to it late but it's essential listening for me now, and will be the first thing I listen to tomorrow morning at work. Everyone involved should be very proud of their endeavours there.

For the record, NSC is likely to be entering the podcast market sooner rather than later. WeAreBrightonSuperBrighton.com was recently procured for that very reason.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Thing that really pisses me off about MP is his complete double standards as he was happy to use NSC to encourage letter writing campaigns etc for Falmer but now dismisses it out of hand.

Last edited:

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
The Albion Roar is an excellent show - I came to it late but it's essential listening for me now, and will be the first thing I listen to tomorrow morning at work. Everyone involved should be very proud of their endeavours there.

For the record, NSC is likely to be entering the podcast market sooner rather than later. WeAreBrightonSuperBrighton.com was recently procured for that very reason.

Cheers Bozza.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
To be honest I would be more concerned if the powers that be at the club liked NSC.

Albion Roar is always a good listen. People need to remember it is a football preview show and not Newsnight.

Lush

Mods' Pet
As aside I actually find RH rather odious due to previous comments and the fact that personally he would never do any idea via NSC as it would be a major climbdown.

Apart from being totally supportive of Go Green - Save Argyle at the Leeds Game and helping make it a great success. But let's not let facts get in the way of creating an NSC hate-figure eh?

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
The Albion Roar is a cracking podcast, a must listen for anyone on NSC imo.

My only 'ask' is why the boys don't whack it up on the website or I Tunes quicker.

Most of the time, I would get an Amex pie quicker.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Apart from being totally supportive of Go Green - Save Argyle at the Leeds Game and helping make it a great success. But let's not let facts get in the way of creating an NSC hate-figure eh?
Hebbard might be a great bloke, but he could do with reviewing his public relation skills. My perception of him is of a rather unpleasant and stubborn man.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
£800 worth of damage in total at the Palace game. ???

A bit different to some of the shite spounted on here, quelle surprise.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Good show chaps - well done.

I think there were a few occasions where you accepted quite weak responses and didn't follow-up. A rabid bulldog Paxman-esque approach is probably not the right way though, and you do have relationships you obviously wish to maintain.

Both Elliott and NSC's favourite son RH came across very well with Elliott, in particular, very honestly acknowledging shortcomings to date and sounded confident of continuing improvements starting this very Saturday. I'm looking forward to my pie already.

(The podcast seemed to end quite abruptly - did something go wrong there?)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
NSC provides a decent cross section of support, it is the perfect tool for club feedback, GOOD and BAD. It appears that if it is written on here then it is dismissed without a second glance, I believe that MP and RH need to have a little rethink about this attitude.

Indeed. The feedback on here is an absolute goldmine for the club. Its instant, its intelligent (invariably suggests solutions as well as highlighting problems) and it costs them absolutely nothing. Only idiots would dismiss it out of hand.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Cheers. Can you give us a 'for instance'?

The one that immediately springs to mind is 1901-pie-price-gate. Elliott said it was a mis-communication and the price was reverted back down as soon as the mistake was realised. Mis-communication? Mistake?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The one that immediately springs to mind is 1901-pie-price-gate. Elliott said it was a mis-communication and the price was reverted back down as soon as the mistake was realised. Mis-communication? Mistake?

...although in fairness you did very well on the burger point, and rightly so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here