Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Albion Roar - 12 Jan

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Where were the losses being made exactly, did I miss that?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think Mr Barber is coming out of this pretty well. He know's what he is doing.

I should hope so to, given the salary he is being paid as he was hired to sort out the mess that clearly the previous person created.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
So, earlier notification regarding STH price rises, so fans can digest the information before making the decision to re-new or not. Good news regarding the interest free DD being kept for foreseeable future.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think Mr Barber is coming out of this pretty well. He know's what he is doing.

Yeah , mentioned that season ticket prices will go up but the option to spread the payment over 12 months will stay. Other clubs are thinking about introducing direct debit monthly payments for STH's but will charge an interest rate for the privilege.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yeah , mentioned that season ticket prices will go up but the option to spread the payment over 12 months will stay. Other clubs are thinking about introducing direct debit monthly payments for STH's but will charge an interest rate for the privilege.

So whatever happens ST prices are going up next season ?

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Pretty good but should have been picked up on the Newcastle ticket prices and the fact that cheaper ones and the whole of WSU were not shown as available online.

They bemoaned the fact that people though all tickets were £40.00 but they had the ability to put the right message across.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Again thought Barber came across well, didn't duck any questions and sounds like he is slowly shaping BHA business operations into something leaner and fitter hopefully for a more secure club with a bigger punch behind the scenes. Lets see what happens.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
...interesting that he described the DD scheme as 'an interest free loan with no security required'. Hadn't thought about it like that before!

Some clubs offer a loan repayment system to finance a season ticket. The cost is spread over 3 , 4 , 5 or 6 payments. Palace are introducing a monthly payment scheme to pay for a 2013/14 ST

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Sounded like the club really doesn't like things like NSC, because of the speculation and misinformation it produces. I wonder if they ever take on board the good ideas that are sometimes formed on here or (as I suspect) dismiss them out of hand simply because of their origin.

Did Camilin ever write for Gulls Eye?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Very good show, chaps.

The two interesting things I thought were that Paul Barber is saying that FFP is the most important thing to happen in football for a very long time and it is great that we have a chief exec that has realised that as I am sure that there are clubs that will try to ignore it.

Secondly, if we do NOT stick to the FFP rules, we can get fined and that money goes to clubs who are playing by the rules. So if we get our house in order, we could get some valuable income from those that don't.

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
Very good show, chaps.

The two interesting things I thought were that Paul Barber is saying that FFP is the most important thing to happen in football for a very long time and it is great that we have a chief exec that has realised that as I am sure that there are clubs that will try to ignore it.

Secondly, if we do NOT stick to the FFP rules, we can get fined and that money goes to clubs who are playing by the rules. So if we get our house in order, we could get some valuable income from those that don't.

like Palace

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
Sounded like the club really doesn't like things like NSC, because of the speculation and misinformation it produces. I wonder if they ever take on board the good ideas that are sometimes formed on here or (as I suspect) dismiss them out of hand simply because of their origin.

Did Camilin ever write for Gulls Eye?

Hi Mackenzie, contrary to popular belief we do like NSC, and we welcome feedback, criticism and have implemented loads of good ideas from NSCers(including Dick's Bar at the Amex; and the Harvey's, as John Baine, Roy Chuter and Martin Perry will vouch). What isn't helpful is the misinformation, speculation etc. Fans can always email us to clarfiy, or use Ask the Club on this forum.

Also, just to clarify, the comment I made about the £40 prices, was actually based on a conversation I had at the gym on the Sunday after the game with a fan who had read about £40 tickets on Twitter. So it wasn't actually a dig at NSCers. Take the point re the booking fee too, which is fair enough, but tickets were available for £28, or £30 if you include one booking fee.

The key to all of it, is that we all work together, club, fans, staff... to take this club where we all want to go.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Hi Mackenzie, contrary to popular belief we do like NSC, and we welcome feedback, criticism and have implemented loads of good ideas from NSCers(including Dick's Bar at the Amex; and the Harvey's, as John Baine, Roy Chuter and Martin Perry will vouch). What isn't helpful is the misinformation, speculation etc. Fans can always email us to clarfiy, or use Ask the Club on this forum.

Also, just to clarify, the comment I made about the £40 prices, was actually based on a conversation I had at the gym on the Sunday after the game with a fan who had read about £40 tickets on Twitter. So it wasn't actually a dig at NSCers. Take the point re the booking fee too, which is fair enough, but tickets were available for £28, or £30 if you include one booking fee.

The key to all of it, is that we all work together, club, fans, staff... to take this club where we all want to go.

Thought you and Paul Barber were very good on the Albion Roar. First time I've heard Paul Barber and think he's an intelligent man and will take us forward. All I've read about him was on here so it was nice to hear what he had to say and trust him totally and what he's doing is for the interest of the club and 'US' the fans.

Great show and will tune in again.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
That's good to hear, you need to sift through the chaff, but there is the odd diamond to be found on here.

We all have the best interests of the club at heart.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here