Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Albion radio commentary recently has been excellent

I love a biased commentator and the bloke who now does it is superbly pro-Albion. He's got a very engaging style, knows his stuff and creates the proper tension. His asides are rather good too. "Elliott Bennett doesn't do tap-ins but if he did.....".

Yesterday's commentary was the best yet. I just love this from the last-minute winner: "What a volley! It's the stuff of champions! It's the stuff of dreams!"

Now that, fellow Albion fans, is a classic line and no mistake.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Given that he's had to replace the terrific Andrew Hawes, I think he (Johnny Cantor?) is damn good.
I'm sorry, but Andrew Hawes is shit. He used to get way more excited about opposition goals than Albion ones and half the time it was impossible to tell who'd scored.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
I'm sorry, but Andrew Hawes is shit. He used to get way more excited about opposition goals than Albion ones and half the time it was impossible to tell who'd scored.

This. Johnny Cantor is a far superior commentator .

Mr Everyone

Jan 12, 2008
Long Eaton

Agree completely, Hawes was drab and lacked passion. Cantor is excellent.

However, South Coast Radio used to cover Albion games, and they were brilliant. Who can forget Jim Proudfoot's incredible summing up of Brighton's great escapel back in '97?

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
agree completely, hawes was drab and lacked passion. Cantor is excellent.

However, south coast radio used to cover albion games, and they were brilliant. Who can forget jim proudfoot's incredible summing up of brighton's great escapel back in '97?

[yt]S_dzAk2SOd0[/yt]

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Have to say as well old Tony Millards at Hereford was superb if anyone has it...

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Andrew Hawes shit?? Are you having a laugh? Was an excellent commentator.

Agree that Jonny Canter has been good recently though, apart from the odd silly comment, usually in relation to texts that's have been sent in.

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
I love a biased commentator and the bloke who now does it is superbly pro-Albion. He's got a very engaging style, knows his stuff and creates the proper tension. His asides are rather good too. "Elliott Bennett doesn't do tap-ins but if he did.....".

Yesterday's commentary was the best yet. I just love this from the last-minute winner: "What a volley! It's the stuff of champions! It's the stuff of dreams!"

Now that, fellow Albion fans, is a classic line and no mistake.

Agree. - Also much prefer John Byrne to Hinshelwood ,who is a miserable bugger.

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
Johnny Cantors summary of sandazas late winner was also good imo.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Johnny Cantors summary of sandazas late winner was also good imo.

Do you have a copy of that too? Upload it! :D

Generally don't hear the commentary as I'm there but the commentary at Yeovil was good.

Yesterdays game deserves youtube highlights of all the goals with commentary :p

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven

Originally I would not have said AH was shit however Notters has nailed it with a factually correct summary of his performance. So if people did not think he was shit they were happy with the above service.

JC on the other hand, great phrases and has what I want from an Albion commentator, biased passionate commentary.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here