Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Albion NEED £2 million to survive. The board needs YOU to help

John Boy

Paul McShane
Aug 15, 2004
'ove actually
The Argus has reported that BHAFC need £2 milllion to survive. This is not for funding the stadium but from expanding Withdean, buying off Bill Archer, the public enquiry and the loss of revenue at Withdean and Gillingham.

If you have attendted a match in the last 5 years and you are over 16 please donate. £100 a person will keep the club alive.

Under £100 = certificate
£101- 249 = certificate and a draw for a season ticket for life
£250+ = certificate, a draw for a season ticket for life and a name on a seat at Falmer

If you attended a game in the last 5 years you will recieve a letter

If you haven't buy the Argus TODAY for one

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Free begging bowl in todays Argus.

If you give £250 you get a seat with your name on at Falmer. You must buy a copy.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
???

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I didn't think things were this bad!:ohmy:

I'm going to take a guess here that this is a way of raising funds - not a last ditch attempt to save the club as portrayed. We wouldn't have taken on new players if we were in the last chance saloon, money wise. And the chances of getting 8000 people to pay £250 for a name on a seat are zero.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Anybody able to post a link from the Argus on here - as a lot of people who attended matches in the last five years will now be scattered across the globe.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Whoa. Didn't know the club were this broke.

Club have my adress but they don't have any details of my attendance at matches linked to it... presumably they aren't going to be anal enough to refuse cash off people without the letter?

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
John Boy said:
The Argus has reported that BHAFC need £2 milllion to survive. This is not for funding the stadium but from expanding Withdean, buying off Bill Archer, the public enquiry and the loss of revenue at Withdean and Gillingham.

If you have attendted a match in the last 5 years and you are over 16 please donate. £100 a person will keep the club alive.

Under £100 = certificate
£101- 249 = certificate and a draw for a season ticket for life
£250+ = certificate, a draw for a season ticket for life and a name on a seat at Falmer

If you attended a game in the last 5 years you will recieve a letter

If you haven't buy the Argus TODAY for one

can it be paid in instalments, perhaps direct debit?

???

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I dont like this one little bit. Could be a ploy to say "we need a bigger stadium to surive", but could be used by the NIMBYs: If we need a begging bowl, how can we afford to build a stadium?

rool

Jul 10, 2003
This probably means that the season ticket money which gets asked for earlier each season will all be used up by christmas and FBS doesn't have another £500,000 to chuck in.

If they were a bit more modest with the figure asked for (i.e. Bury a couple of years back) they might actually end up getting more.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I don't have £100 :(
I can spare 37p a button and some fluff.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Another thought - could this be a ploy to prove to ODPM that we are not surviving as Collyer said we are
But the new inquiry could conclude that in fact we don't need planning permission for the new ground,as we won't be able to afford to build it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here