Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 6th Annual Robert Eaton Memorial Trophy Match - Lewes FC-Fri 27th April,7.30 ko

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Where do all the players live?

Might be worth sending it to their local papers. I know some outside Lewes area might not ordinarily cover it but with the a local angle might mention it.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
It'd be particularly helpful if we could get local coverage nearer the event too! Only previewing things weeks beforehand tends to have the effect of people forgetting all about whatever has actually been previewed.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Agreed.

If people playing can post their local papers I don't mind forwarding on the press release and details of local person taking part.

That said for a weekly coming out on Friday I would have thought it was best going in on the 13 or 20 of April, i.e. next week or the week after.

Last edited:

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
PS. Could whoever is doing the press contacting, ensure that I know who is actually attending on the night? Only while my contribution to this year's game is woefully lacking due to the local elections, on the night itself there are things to arrange so far as assisting the press which I'll still sort out. Starting with the need to arrange with the referee the timing of team pictures being taken.

Last edited:

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Richie Morris said:
Agreed.

That said for a weekly coming out on Friday I would have thought it was best going in on the 13 or 20 of April, i.e. next week or the week after.

Indeed. But I'd suggest the 20th, rather than 13th as an ideal edition.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
roz said:
It'd be particularly helpful if we could get local coverage nearer the event too! Only previewing things weeks beforehand tends to have the effect of people forgetting all about whatever has actually been previewed.

Correct Roz, I think this is best co ordinated by me and Al , thanks for offers of help but we need to know which papers have been contacted and exactly what the are proposing to put in. I have an up to date overview I can e mail to press etc

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think it would also be nice to have a list of the players who are starting so I could read them out in the style of Richard Lindfield before the game....proper names not this internet geekiness names!!!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
A piece is going in the Sussex Express on Friday 13th April, thanks Richie Morris

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The REMF is in the Argus today as it is shortlisted for the Sussex charity of the year with a piece about the fund.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Dave the Gaffer said:
....proper names not this internet geekiness names!!!

For the record my real name is Richie Morris ;)

Sussex Express are doing something. I will ask if they can hold it back a week and do it on April 20.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Whats the situation with sponsorship? It sounds like every player is getting one sponsor each as usual, but multiple sponsorship had also been mentioned earlier in this thread.....

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Chesney Christ said:
Whats the situation with sponsorship? It sounds like every player is getting one sponsor each as usual, but multiple sponsorship had also been mentioned earlier in this thread.....

Each player please get as much as you can, whether this is from an individual or lots of people combined.

Cheers

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here