Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The 2024 US Election - Trump v Harris

Who will win the 2024 Presidential Election?

• President Joe Biden - Democrat

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Donald Trump - Republican

Votes: 113 37.3%
  • Vice President, Kamala Harris - Democrat

Votes: 170 56.1%
  • Other Democratic candidate tbc

Votes: 19 6.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Sorry to see you abused by a twat I have on ignore.

It's ok, not offended. As I say, it says more about him. Sometimes I'll no doubt say things out of line and deserve the reaction. Don't think I did this time.

Nice sensible right-of-me posters keep me thinking.
FWIW I hadn't realized you were right of me.

I don't remember how left/right you are, but yeah, I'm right of most here. Certainly can't do with reading the Guardian. But I voted Labour, so I'm a raving commie.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Absolutely incorrect.

I have said multiple times that I call out BS on both sides (and have done) - even to the extent of me (bizarrely) being called a “Trump Apologist”, ‘Conspiracy theorist’ (or along those lines), and more aggressive sweary words and insults (now edited or deleted).

I’ll call you out and provide links and references, just as quickly as I’d call out any other poster here, regardless of stance - if I smell bs.
Shocking you're being abused. A sensible poster and 'Albion colleague'.

The Creepy Dingo put me on ignore months ago when I challenged his Old Bollocks.

Sad to see people who are as far as can be from Corbynistas getting his nonsense.

I put him on ignore a long time ago but if everyone did the same he's have an open platform. Political thread tourist indeed.

What's to be done? I am sure the mods are keeping an eye out....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's ok, not offended. As I say, it says more about him. Sometimes I'll know doubt say things out of line and deserve the reaction. Don't think I did this time.

I don't remember how left/right you are, but yeah, I'm right of most here. Certainly can't do with reading the Guardian. But I voted Labour, so I'm a raving commie.
I'm glad you're sanguine :thumbsup:

I am, to at least one poster, a pink Tory, apparently.

Does that mean I can apply for a refund for my Labour party membership? I think need to find an accountant. :wink:

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
No, if Trump loses due to importing voters and the DNC likely to give citizenship/the vote to an extra 10 million and the resulting disenfranchisement what you will get is the second revolutionary war. Even RINOs understand this gaming of the electoral system. Democracy only works if you believe you have a fair chance of winning.
Importing voters? Where do you get these ridiculous fantasies from? That right up there with post-birth abortions.

And the GOP are masters of gaming the system. In Ohio, even after voters past an issue demanding fair maps, the GOP just ignored it and continued to pick their voters. There's another issue on the ballot this fall to again try to get fair maps. The Ohio GOP are dead set against it.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
There are only 2 clearly right of centre posters on here from what I can see. I can also see about 20 hard left, a few casual left and some idnis who show fealty to the mob. Why so few righties if this forum is so hospitable and welcoming?
I consider myself politically agnostic and, personally, hate the idea of a character assassination based on which 'side' I support. I just think Trump and a lot of his supporters and fellow Republicans are insufferable bellends :shrug:

As for being a 'leftwing scumbag'? Yeah, OK then - if that makes you feel better.

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Are you or any of the others here questioned on purpose? Maybe you should have a word with Bad fish who I have never seen make a football post.

Your hypocrisy aside, yea ive goofed a couple of times whereas you are all perfect? But see if you can prove you are not just leftwing scum and not dine out on a couple of errors from now on eh?
You have me on ignore, how do you know what I am posting about?

Two posts this morning old fruit, one about Billy Gilmour and this one responding to your nonsense.

I do take your point though, I tend to read more of the football posts than I post. But NSC has a wide variety of topics that I like to get involved with. I am not sure why it needs to be a competition but a look at your posting history shows little such variety. Your tag line even references political threads.

For what is worth you are not ridiculed for your political position, you are ridiculed for posting unsubstantiated nonsense and an inability to effectively communicate and back up your position. You have been asked straight questions many times about your reasons for supporting a candidate with so many vile character flaws and have never answered any of them.

It is a combination of both bad faith and dunning Kruger that elicits such responses.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Importing voters? Where do you get these ridiculous fantasies from? That right up there with post-birth abortions.

I think they fit into the category of 'oops I haven't got time to reply to those ones'

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
You'd think he'd have the sense and self awareness to steer well clear of using sexual smears to attack his opponents given his own legally established history
"sense and self awareness" - both things that Trump has always lacked.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
TL;DR

While the November Election still too close to call with both Trump and Harris more or less neck and neck in battleground states (with Harris either tied or ahead), Harris continues to gain ground and amongst registered voters nationally is marginally ahead of Trump in nationwide polls as much as 4% ahead in some of the most recent polling.

I like the new format. I'm always going to skip the the tldr section.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH

And the GOP are masters of gaming the system. In Ohio, even after voters past an issue demanding fair maps, the GOP just ignored it and continued to pick their voters. There's another issue on the ballot this fall to again try to get fair maps. The Ohio GOP are dead set against it.
A conveniently just posted video on Gerrymandering:

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
It's interesting to me that the Harris/Waltz CNN interview hasn't been discussed on here at all (unless I missed something obvious) - maybe because it was largely without major hiccup or controversy?

Her first interview in a long time, made some stances clear, and did generally an ok job imo, though it was edited, and shortened. I wonder if the full interview would be released?

Some notes of contention that I had:

- Her stance on Fracking and not giving a clear answer on how/why her motivations have changed (it's because she needs the PA voters).

- She didn't have a good answer early on, as to why or how she'd not been able to implement her changes, policies etc during the past 3.5 years ('cleaning up Trump's mess').

- Waltz weaving and dodging, blaming 'poor grammar' for his 'false' statements on his military service (carried a gun in war - and I did go back and watch the clip of when he said it).

Nothing major, but some notes. Perhaps aome light cleaning up to do for the next interview.

Still very much looking forward to the head to head debate, though more in a morbid sense than a hopeful/positive one.

My general ‘bet’ for the election result hasn’t changed since Harris was nominated - a slim win for Donald as things stand, based on everything so far - totally imo.

Though the head to head will make or break either of their chances, of course always imo.

Off the cuff phone post.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
His family or his advisors should really tell him to stop, right now. He is almost incoherent.

There are people who believe this chap is good for the USA. Those people have the same number of votes as people who have taken the time and patience to learn how to use their brain effectively.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
No, if Trump loses due to importing voters and the DNC likely to give citizenship/the vote to an extra 10 million and the resulting disenfranchisement what you will get is the second revolutionary war. Even RINOs understand this gaming of the electoral system. Democracy only works if you believe you have a fair chance of winning.
For arrogant authoritarians and narcissists like Trump, democracy is only considered to be fair when they win.

When they lose under the same system, they decide that the system is unfair, and that they've been undermined by a deep state or Radical Left media.

Just like the raving Right here in the UK have suddenly started whining that the electoral system is unfair because it allows a party to win huge parliamentary majorities on a minority of votes. Yet in 14 years on Office, the Tories opposed electoral reform to introduce PR. Funny that!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
His family or his advisors should really tell him to stop, right now. He is almost incoherent.

He's really stepping up to the 'Old man in the race' role, isn't he?

A seriously odd bloke.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH

Forget the "childs" thing. GWB stubbled over words like that constantly. The real madness that is yet another paranoid fantasy from the MAGA crowd. Your kids are going to get surgically reassigned gender at school! And it's not them speculating that this might happen, which is mad enough, it's that they believe it is happening right now! And not just now, but apparently for at least 15 years (a time that would have included Trump's first term, so why didn't he stop it then? Guess he was too busy?) I've been to my kids school. I've toured around pretty much the whole building, and one thing I noticed is the complete lack of surgical operating rooms. You know, because it's a f***ing middle school and not a hospital.

Right up there with their weird fantasy that pregnant women are carrying a baby to full-term, giving birth, and then deciding to abort the baby after they have been born. This again is not something that is happening anywhere. And not something that anyone thinks would be acceptable. Nor anything any woman would want to do.

Or CD's favorite fantasy that that tens of millions of "illegals" are going to be "imported" and given citizenship (despite the fact the US rarely naturalizes more than 1 million applicants per year, often far fewer, and the whole process takes around half a year) so they can vote for Democrats.

It's utter madness. These people aren't living in the real world. They aren't even living adjacent to the real world.

They are weird

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
If only Trump had won the last election we'd now be rid of him as it would have been the end of his second term. Hopefully the USA and the world would have survived. Biden certainly wouldn't have been in the picture so we may have been looking at two decent candidates standing for election as President of the USA.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here