Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The 2024 US Election - Trump v Harris

Who will win the 2024 Presidential Election?

• President Joe Biden - Democrat

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Donald Trump - Republican

Votes: 114 37.5%
  • Vice President, Kamala Harris - Democrat

Votes: 170 55.9%
  • Other Democratic candidate tbc

Votes: 19 6.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
As it stands it's too late for the conspiracy believer to withdraw from 3 key states; Michigan, Nevada and Wisconsin.
At least his name should be on the poll cards for these states and take some votes.
Let’s not forget that while RFK has endorsed Trump, some of his support at least were disaffected Republicans who couldn’t stomach Trump and disaffected Democrats who thought Biden too old to stand. His polls were slumping recently partly because Democrats were reinvigorated by Harris’ replacing Biden.

Trump will certainly pick up some of the remnants of RFK’s support but that might do more harm than good to Trump’s campaign that’s already looking fringey and ‘weird’.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Let’s not forget that while RFK has endorsed Trump, some of his support at least were disaffected Republicans who couldn’t stomach Trump and disaffected Democrats who thought Biden too old to stand. His polls were slumping recently partly because Democrats were reinvigorated by Harris’ replacing Biden.

Trump will certainly pick up some of the remnants of RFK’s support but that might do more harm than good to Trump’s campaign that’s already looking fringey and ‘weird’.

Let us not forget the narrow winning margins in the decisive states in 2020. Georgia 9,000 odd and others very close but I'm off to do Parkrun so can't look them up.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Okay, you can’t. Can anyone else out there?

Yes, people can. Whilst she has yet to formally issue ALL her policies some have already been made very clear eg the economy and her support for first time home buyers. Her standpoint on the remainder is pretty clear already. This should help you: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cx924r4d5yno.

Looking at Trumps policies you get things like: Migrant death penalty policy, dismantling the deep state (reclassifying employees to get rid of them) and rebuilding the judiciary, stacking the supreme court with his mates. Then there is "we're going to drill baby drill", in reference to his policy to increase oil and gas production. Next eliminating social security taxes for seniors and extending the 2017 tax cuts both of which will cost around $3.8tn. Then things like increasing Tariffs on imports (famously stating they don't affect the people of the country!!!) this is after starting a trade war with China, any buffoon will tell you what this will do to the price of Chinese imports for Americans.

Trumps policies are the biggest bunch of confused bull simply designed to attract voters by dividing the people and stirring up low level racism. Harris' seem to have at least a grasp on what the people of the country are experiencing.

All Trumps bluster is in the midst of the lowest year on year inflation for 3 years, which should be a sign the high prices the US are suffering (and indeed the world) will be on their way down. Its pretty clear who's policies are working and should continue to be voted for.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Okay, she never said it.
You're confused. She did say it, but she was talking about young people who had committed crimes (made bad decisions) and she was talking about helping rehabilitate them. She put it into a joke to lighten the mood in dry discussion. It worked.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
  • Abortion rights have gone back to the states, where they should be.
  • Fence? Palestinians want to annihilate Israel
  • The green new deal is idiotic. How do you think this will affect the economy?
  • Tax payers paying for elitists education, although they couldn’t afford to pay for their own kids education

So, as one example, you think rape victims shouldn't be allowed to have abortions?
What a daft thing to say, of course Palestinians don't all want to annihilate Israel. Most Palestinians are not Hamas. Although I imagine the number of Palestinians against Israel has risen significantly since Israel invaded and started killing Palestinians left right and centre.
Trump believes/claims climate change is fake news and he has no interest in ever switching to greener energy. That's what's idiotic.
Trump wants tax cuts for the elite, and now you're saying you're against supporting the elite? Make up your mind.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
As it stands it's too late for the conspiracy believer to withdraw from 3 key states; Michigan, Nevada and Wisconsin.
At least his name should be on the poll cards for these states and take some votes.
In the BBC article, RFK said himself that he approached Kamala and the Dems to offer his support. Before, I'm assuming, he went running to Trump.

Gotta love a guy with deep-rooted principles and standing for what he believes in :lolol:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Kamala is going to bring in post birth abortions!

It must be true because the other candidate said so and what sort of election process would allow a candidate to tell these kind of lies in the public area.

Seriously though @lasvegan how do you throw your support behind a candidate that behaves like this?

Its not even like it's an isolated incident.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Kamala is going to bring in post birth abortions!

It must be true because the other candidate said so and what sort of election process would allow a candidate to tell these kind of lies in the public area.

You're taking this are you @lasvegan ? Kamala Harris is a radical and if she becomes president she will make it legal to murder new born babies.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
They can't fathom why people love their dogs. They probably don't really understand why he hasn't bragged any killing any.
Indeed. Walked the dog this morning and met four other dogs and got to pet all of them. My dog, Louis (Lou to his friends, and he thinks everybody is his friend), demanded every human greet him. He always does that, even if they don't have a dog with them. He doesn't comprehend that some people get nervous when a strange dog lunges at them.

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
Indeed. Walked the dog this morning and met four other dogs and got to pet all of them. My dog, Louis (Lou to his friends, and he thinks everybody is his friend), demanded every human greet him. He always does that, even if they don't have a dog with them. He doesn't comprehend that some people get nervous when a strange dog lunges at them.
I don't have a dog, but I regularly go to dog hotspots to interact with as many dogs as possible! You know where to go, you see the same chaps all the time and you get to hype up a dog for a minute or two at a time and then move on. Perfect!

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
This is exactly the sort of responses we got at the UK election regarding Labour policies.
It’s like Google hasn’t been invented yet!
Easy to find Labour's election promises with the help of google , lower energy bills and motoring costs , it's all here

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't have a dog, but I regularly go to dog hotspots to interact with as many dogs as possible! You know where to go, you see the same chaps all the time and you get to hype up a dog for a minute or two at a time and then move on. Perfect!

Jesus, I'm trying to eat over here. Maybe keep the details between you and El Pres.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I think this thread proves, time and time again that you cannot use logic to justify a vote for Trumpy. It is all about feelings and people voting with their heart rather than their head.

Las Vegan and the Dingbat cannot be swayed by logic and facts because they don't use them to drive their support for trump. (let's face it, it appears that Dingbat has never used them).

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Trump on Truth Social selling pieces of the suit he wore in the debate with Biden - he’s calling it the ‘knockout suit’. Also other Digital Trading cards depicting Slim down Trump, Dancing Trump, Warrior Trump and Mr Universe Trump for your enrichment and adoration :lol:

What a narcissistic buffoon!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here