Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The 2024 US Election - Trump v Harris

Who will win the 2024 Presidential Election?

• President Joe Biden - Democrat

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Donald Trump - Republican

Votes: 114 37.5%
  • Vice President, Kamala Harris - Democrat

Votes: 170 55.9%
  • Other Democratic candidate tbc

Votes: 19 6.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
Well Shapiro publicly de jewed himself and still the Democrats were worried he would put off the far left from voting Democrat. Don’t know much about Walz but a lot of people (particularly on here) will be glad she didn’t pick a Jew 😞

Read it was the DNC young hamas supporters that scuppered Shapiro. de jewed? Wtf?

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Well Shapiro publicly de jewed himself and still the Democrats were worried he would put off the far left from voting Democrat.
What a disgustingly offensive thing to say.

Don’t know much about Walz but a lot of people (particularly on here) will be glad she didn’t pick a Jew 😞

That is a serious allegation.

If you are accusing NSCers of antisemitism then be specific and name names with examples please so the Mods can take action. Otherwise keep your thoughts about antisemitic behaviour on NSC to yourself - it’s not helpful..

Read it was the DNC young hamas supporters that scuppered Shapiro. de jewed? Wtf?

Do you have any sources to back up that the Democratic Party is harbouring Terrorist supporters amongst it’s rank and file - that’s a pretty damming accusation ?

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
Well Shapiro publicly de jewed himself and still the Democrats were worried he would put off the far left from voting Democrat. Don’t know much about Walz but a lot of people (particularly on here) will be glad she didn’t pick a Jew 😞
This thread really has had some spectacularly stupid things posted to it - but this is a really strong entry to that list. Incredible from start to finish, not a word wasted.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
From all sides, every now and then, there’s an occasional absolute whopper of a post, statement or opinion.

I do believe this is the greatest, unintentional comedy-thread ever posted to NSC.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Ah, but @Crawley Dingo gets his news from different sources than most of us.

View attachment 186611

Kamala Harris has the initiative and is now virtually level or beating Trump in the swing states. Don't believe anything you see on Fox News which is Trump's very own propaganda channel. He has chickened out of the debate on abc who will have a neutral moderator and suggested a debate two weeks earlier on Fox who will have a brown tongue moderator.

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007
Walz has similar views as Shapiro and the Democrats of supporting Israel on Gaza. Shapiro has denounced Far Right Netanyahu as the worst Israeli leader ever and he says he wants a two state solution.
How has he de jewed himself (to use your offensive terminology)?
I am Jewish and he apologised for pro Israel statements. Sorry who did I offend?

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007
What a disgustingly offensive thing to say.

That is a serious allegation.

If you are accusing NSCers of antisemitism then be specific and name names with examples please so the Mods can take action. Otherwise keep your thoughts about antisemitic behaviour on NSC to yourself - it’s not helpful..

Do you have any sources to back up that the Democratic Party is harbouring Terrorist supporters amongst it’s rank and file - that’s a pretty damming accusation ?
I have messaged you directly on point 2
Point 1, good job you are not a regular on Jewish twitter we use it all the time
Point 3 - clearly answered here:

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

I have messaged you directly on point 2
Point 1, good job you are not a regular on Jewish twitter we use it all the time
Point 3 - clearly answered here:
I’m not interested in engaging with you via PM about other members - your Zionist pro-Israel comments and behaviour to @ Bozza on the Israel /Gaza thread puts us very much at odds both in our views of the war in Gaza and of NSC.

As for quoting Newsweek — a hard right publication with a strong anti- Democratic agenda, I’m not really interested in that either.

Last edited:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
At the time of writing, all national US presidential election polls reporting in the last week have Harris leading Trump by between 1 and 5 points

This may change by the time you click the link

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/president-general/2024/national/
Good stuff. However, this doesn’t translate to a electoral college win, does it? What sort of national lead do the dems traditionally need to win the key swing states?

Still encouraging trend though. Harris has done far better than I expected in such a short time. The limelight seems to suit her.

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Wasn't it Trump who made the decision to withdraw from Afghanistan, starting an absolute shit show?
Yes.

Unfortunately, once Trump had made a deal with the Taliban, under the Doha agreement- the collapse of the Afghan government was inevitable and takeover by the Taliban entirely predictable:

“The Doha agreement, which President Donald Trump had signed with the Taliban in early 2020 (with no participation by the Afghan government), required a total withdrawal of foreign forces. If U.S. troops had stayed beyond August, Milley said, the Taliban would have resumed the fighting, and, in order to stave off the attacks, “we would have needed 30,000 troops” and would have suffered “many casualties.”

Having said that, withdrawal from Afghanistan has been a political football and fubar in the making since Obama’s presidency tbh.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
I'm liking Walz. I think he'll really help sell the ticket. He seems to have charisma to spare and gives off friendly grandpa vibes (despite only being 1 year older than Harris)

I think he'll do well with people who are, let's say "nervous" about Harris.

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007
I’m not interested in engaging with you via PM about other members - your Zionist pro-Israel comments and behaviour to @ Bozza on the Israel /Gaza thread puts us very much at odds both in our views of the war in Gaza and of NSC.

As for quoting Newsweek — a hard right publication with a strong anti- Democratic agenda, I’m not really interested in that either.
Cool
😎

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here