Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The 2024 US Election - Trump v Harris

Who will win the 2024 Presidential Election?

• President Joe Biden - Democrat

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Donald Trump - Republican

Votes: 114 37.5%
  • Vice President, Kamala Harris - Democrat

Votes: 170 55.9%
  • Other Democratic candidate tbc

Votes: 19 6.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
I guess there is a little more context to it than this! Philadelphia is a Democrat stronghold, and in parts of it they have just introduced restrictions on personal water use to cope with the heatwave. So, he's basically rambling on about the democrats imposing water restrictions. I suppose it does make some sort of sense.
You think there's any context at all to those dribbled ramblings from a hateful cult leader whose only interest is in whipping his supporters up into a frenzy over the text book definition of absolute f*** all?

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
Remember, Biden is the one losing his marbles (according to some):

I think it's always worth actually reading what he said written out to really see just how unhinged it is:

Washing machines to wash your dishes? What a time to be alive!

Its not worth reading as Trump is performative and always dropping jokes and internet tropes. If you dont "Get it" thats your problem. You may have also missed that Farage and Javier Millel are carrying on in the same manner. Its performative and memetic. It works and contrasts well with the cardboard careerist technocrat politicians.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Its not worth reading as Trump is performative and always dropping jokes and internet tropes. If you dont "Get it" thats your problem.

Let’s see if American TV viewers “get it” when he goes head to head with Biden in the Presidential debate

Presidential debate Thursday 27 June 9 EST

Viewers in the US - CNN, Fox News, and ABC will carry the debate live at Thursday 9pm EST.

Live TV Coverage UK Friday 28 June 2.00am

Viewers in the UK - Sky TV users can watch the debate live from CNN International on channel 506
(Others can also subscribe to the CNN Live plan to livestream the debate online. It will probably be available on YT after the event on CNN’s YT channel.)

(feel free to PM me if you want a living waters link :wink:)

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I don’t know what the need is for this Battle of the Presidential Geriatrics.

Their 90 second sound-bites won’t change anyone’s vote, and it’s a great exercise for the broadcasting networks to sell advertising slots.

Two old liars, one egotistical convicted felon and the other just about kept standing via medical intervention, shaking ghost hands and making up history as he goes along.

These are the best two options to lead ‘the free world’, apparently. I really am looking forward to when this lot are no longer actual candidates, and hope for a bit of normalcy.

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I don’t know what the need is for this Battle of the Presidential Geriatrics.

Their 90 second sound-bites won’t change anyone’s vote, and it’s a great exercise for the broadcasting networks to sell advertising slots.

Two old liars, one egotistical convicted felon and the other just about kept standing via medical intervention, shaking ghost hands and making up history as he goes along.

These are the best two options to lead ‘the free world’, apparently. I really am looking forward to when this lot are no longer actual candidates, and hope for a bit of normalcy.

That‘s the nature of all political debates.

As far as TrumpBid, We won’t get normalcy for another 4 1/2 years because one of them is going to be President whether we like it or not (unless one or both pop their clogs before November).

I guess you have no intention in watching it but I really posted the TV info for others who’ve regularly contributed to the thread because they may appreciate the heads up as well as the opportunity to stream it live.

Personally, I think watching Trump trying not to have a conniption because his microphone’s switched off so he can’t talk over Biden when it’s not his turn nor having a live audience he can play to will be a somewhat source of amusement. As for Biden remembering everything without notes or autocues - well the whole thing could be an utterly embarrassing shambles or just boring but it will be something 😉

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
That‘s the nature of all political debates.

As far as TrumpBid, We won’t get normalcy for another 4 1/2 years because one of them is going to be President whether we like it or not (unless one or both pop their clogs before November).

I guess you have no intention in watching it but I really posted the TV info for others who’ve regularly contributed to the thread because they may appreciate the heads up as well as the opportunity to stream it live.

Personally, I think watching Trump trying not to have a conniption because his microphone’s switched off so he can’t talk over Biden when it’s not his turn nor having a live audience he can play to will be a somewhat source of amusement. As for Biden remembering everything without notes or autocues - well the whole thing could be an utterly embarrassing shambles or just boring but it will be something 😉

I imagine you’re relatively young, and not in a patronizing way at all - my point is that not all political debates are 90 second sound bites - and they certainly were not in the past - when real debate often happened, and largely for the good and benefit of the voting public. When they worked for us - and not the other way around.

I most likely won’t watch it, I’ve lived it for the past 8 years, but for many, yes it’ll be a source of their evening entertainment, which should tell you that it’s a sad state of affairs.

I wasn’t knocking you at all for posting or giving people a heads up, absolutely not. I’m just beyond apathetic towards these two and their respective sycophants.

Last edited:

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
Let’s see if American TV viewers “get it” when he goes head to head with Biden in the Presidential debate

Presidential debate Thursday 27 June 9 EST

Viewers in the US - CNN, Fox News, and ABC will carry the debate live at Thursday 9pm EST.

Live TV Coverage UK Friday 28 June 2.00am

Viewers in the UK - Sky TV users can watch the debate live from CNN International on channel 506
(Others can also subscribe to the CNN Live plan to livestream the debate online. It will probably be available on YT after the event on CNN’s YT channel.)

(feel free to PM me if you want a living waters link :wink:)
Thanks but i have a long day Friday and wont be finishing till about 8ish, plus I have some bug atm so will be in bed.:)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Trump will be dosing up on vitamin C to maintain the orange complexion whilst complaining Biden is jacked up on drugs to keep him awake.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

If they haven't got it already, what could possibly change?

If he was asked a question about the economy, it wouldn't matter if he didn't understand it. All he'd need to do is say 'They tried to lock me up. They tried. They want to remove all borders so all the immigrants to come in and take your jobs. And they will. This country used to be great. A great great country. So big and so great. Did you hear about Biden's laptop. Very bad. Very bad. He's so old. So old."

Mr Trump your time is up.

"They don't want me to speak. They want to shut me down. It's sad. So very sad."

And his supporters will think 'Der, yeah'

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
1719509402599.png

I’d tune in for this + Kennedy Jr with a ladder.

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Predictable first half of the debate - Trump using his slots to not so much to answer questions but as a soap box to launch into lying rants about Biden on immigration, Russia and witch-hunts.

Biden struggling to get his words out and clearly frustrated does not look the more physically robust - clearly losing his line of thought while Trump seems to have remembered his tv audience and started making mocking eyebrow raises at Biden’s stuttering.

Best line so far - Biden saying to Trump “you have the morals of an alley cat” and Trump calling Biden a “bad Palestine” for withholding weapons to Israel.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
That was the most unedifying thing ever, and I watched Starmer vs Sunak.

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Part 2

Terrible performance from Biden overall - slight improvement in part 2 but then he lost his line of thought again - he looked shockingly old and feeble - and sometimes not coherent.

There is a meltdown in the Democratic Party tonight - serious questions that are being asked whether Biden has the stamina for a second term.

Trump won that debate hands down on physical fitness and robustness - people will not see his nasty responses or problematic answers about Putin. They won’t see Trump’s failure to address policy issues or prevarication- they will see a younger stronger man pulling apart a vulnerable old man who looked frankly too weak to compete with Trump.

Shocking performance from Biden given what is at stake.

Still time for the Democratic Convention to nominate an alternative - I think absolutely that’s what needs to happen.

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Okay democrats, give me another candidate to consider (not Gavin Newsom), otherwise you’re toast…
Nor Impala Harris either please.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here