Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The 2024 US Election - Trump v Harris

Who will win the 2024 Presidential Election?

• President Joe Biden - Democrat

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Donald Trump - Republican

Votes: 114 37.5%
  • Vice President, Kamala Harris - Democrat

Votes: 170 55.9%
  • Other Democratic candidate tbc

Votes: 19 6.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

Hunter’s conviction is pretty devastating for Biden on a personal level but it is hardly likely to impact on his polling.

What is significant is the difference between the way Trump has raged and rallied against judges, witnesses, the Democrats for months and months from the pulpit and on social media, calling his conviction for his criminal behaviour and indictments a witch-hunt and yet not one disparaging comment from President Biden about the justice system that could now send his son to prison - just quiet, sad dignity.

The contrast between these too men couldn’t be starker.
Indeed - and Joe Biden has said he won't pardon his son as well; in stark contrast to Trump who wants to pardon himself and anyone associated with him.

And what a sad state of affairs re Holly Vallance

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Indeed - and Joe Biden has said he won't pardon his son as well; in stark contrast to Trump who wants to pardon himself and anyone associated with him.

Don’t start me on Nigel Farage being in Trump’s pocket and vice versa .😡

I can’t believe there are people defending him on NSC - They seem not to have a clue who these people really are!

Nigel Farage sharing a platform with far right pro-Russian, Putin ally, Victor Orbán the Hungarian Prime Minister in April this year

Donald Trump and Farage sharing a fundraising event

Trump’s Truth Social funded by Russian-American owner of Paxum Bank with proven links to Russian based lawyers and money-laundering Russian funds into the US

Farage at American CPAC fundraising event for his Brexit campaign

Dubbed a gathering of the “best and brightest leaders in the world”, the former UKIP and Brexit Party leader joined Donald Trump, Viktor Orbán, Republican politicians such as Ted Cruz and Matt Gaetz, Fox news alumni Sean Hannity and Glenn Beck, and unashamed far-right activists Steve Bannon and Jack Posobiec.

Farage admiring Putin just like Trump

Liz Trust, global far-right strategist, Steve Bannon, President Trump’s confident and former White House strategist and Nigel Farage all cosy together at a far right conference last February in the US

Liz Truss stating that: "I do agree that under Donald Trump when he was president of the United States, the world was safer... I want to work with fellow conservatives to take on what I believe is a real threat of Western society and civilization being undermined by left-wing extreme ideas."

Trump on giving classified information to the Russians

They are all swimming in the same murky pond of an extremist far right global nationalist movement - What I don’t understand is why anyone with average intelligence and who keeps abreast of the news can’t see that 🤷‍♂️.

Last edited:

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
Oh, sorry, I was just expanding your comment for people who didn't know what Alvin Braggs 'get Trump' ticket was:
* Had previously prosecuted Trump
* Wouldn't stop the ongoing investigation set up by Cyrus Vance

Your theatrics aside, he was elected in 21. What previous prosecution?

Second point if true, how is that relevant to saying Bragg campaigned on a Get Trump?

Edited to add.
OK looked into it, i don't see how this is relevant to my comment.

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Valance told GB News after the event: “I would say that everyone starts as a lefty and then wakes up at some point after you start either making money, working, trying to run a business, trying to buy a home, and then realise what crap ideas they all are, and then you go to the right.”

I was a member of the Conservative Party in 1992. Then I met some of them... I haven't voted Tory for 30 years and cannot really see myself voting Right or Centre Right ever again. I'm apolitical now, mind. If a Tory stood for council who I thought could do a lot of good for my community I would consider it (I would have voted for Brian Oxley had I lived in Wish Ward a few years back). My problem with the Tories is not any outright opposition to all their policies, it's just that I don't like the heart within.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Your theatrics aside, he was elected in 21. What previous prosecution?

Second point if true, how is that relevant to saying Bragg campaigned on a Get Trump?

Edited to add.
OK looked into it, i don't see how this is relevant to my comment.
The previous prosecution was of the Trump Foundation.

I don't quite see how promising not to stop an ongoing investigation into Trump if elected isn't relevant to the running on a 'get Trump' ticket idea that you brought up. We must be talking at cross-puposes somewhere.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

Hunter’s conviction is pretty devastating for Biden on a personal level but it is hardly likely to impact on his polling.

What is significant is the difference between the way Trump has raged and rallied against judges, witnesses, the Democrats for months and months from the pulpit and on social media, calling his conviction for his criminal behaviour and indictments a witch-hunt and yet not one disparaging comment from President Biden about the justice system that could now send his son to prison - just quiet, sad dignity.

The contrast between these too men couldn’t be starker.
If Biden and the Democrats are hell-bent on weaponising the entire DOJ and the US Justice System for their own ends - they're doing a pretty crappy job of it! :lolol::lolol::lolol: (ain't irony great?)

hughfromalice

Sep 8, 2022
This chant came to me in a dream...... I was attending a Trump rally. I felt a brotherly urge rise up, irresistibly, from the depths of my soul. The Lord had taken pity on his favoured son, Donald Trump, after his littany of legal woes and had chosen me as his vessel to cheer up the MAGA faithful. So I went to the mic and regailed these staunch defenders of democracy with a new and powerful election jingle set to a well known song.

For he's a jolly good felon
And so say all of us.

Strangely, after that, the dream dissolved into a red mist and I can remember no more.

This is a great little song with such positive lyrics, isn't it. Please make sure to get your friends to sing it, especially if they are travelling to the US of A.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

Donald Trump calls Milwaukee 'a horrible city' weeks before Republican National Convention comes to town​

Trump refers to Milwaukee as 'horrible' just before the city hosts the Republican convention​

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
1718401924722.png

Biden campaign strikes while the Trump remarks about Milwaukee are hot.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
There seems to be questions about Trump's mental faculties , talking gibberish at rallies and unable to string two sentences together.

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022

When I visited that website, it immediately popped up a banner suggesting that its advertisers boycotted it, and claiming that its writers were physically attacked, and suggesting that only my donations could keep Hot Air (seriously) running.

However, after politely declining to contribute, I did click through to the article, and read it.

Now, it hasn’t gone unnoticed by me that both sides of the political debate in the US have resorted to attacking the mental acuity of the opposing candidate as part of their rhetoric. And to be honest, I find that distasteful on all sides.

However, given the obvious, sustained and highly derogatory remarks made consistently by Mr Trump over a period of years, it seems more than a little rich to suddenly squawk at receiving a little of the same treatment back.

Mr Trump would have me believe that Mr Biden is both too incompetent to tie his own shoes, and simultaneously capable of masterminding an incredible plot to subvert Western democracy. Both can’t be true, and my suspicion at present is that neither is true.

Hot air by name, hot air by nature.

Last edited:

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
Mr Trump would have me believe that Mr Biden is both too incompetent to tie his own shoes, and simultaneously capable of masterminding an incredible plot to subvert Western democracy. Both can’t be true, and my suspicion at present is that neither is true.
This is exactly the point. The lunatic right wing are being asked to believe a complete contradiction and to do so without questioning it. And without wondering how on earth Trump is thumping on about electrocution or shark attacks. It's a ridiculous narrative.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here