Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The 2024 US Election - Trump v Harris

Who will win the 2024 Presidential Election?

• President Joe Biden - Democrat

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Donald Trump - Republican

Votes: 114 37.5%
  • Vice President, Kamala Harris - Democrat

Votes: 170 55.9%
  • Other Democratic candidate tbc

Votes: 19 6.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
So what do you call a party that is talking about stacking the Supreme Court, redistricting the Senate as its "To rural", importing 8 million illegal immigrants/voters worth 14 seats with congressional redistricting in 2030 as well as extra electoral college votes?
Term limits of 18 years and an enforceable code of ethics to stop blatant corruption is not stacking the Supreme Court.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
So what do you call a party that is talking about stacking the Supreme Court, redistricting the Senate as its "To rural", importing 8 million illegal immigrants/voters worth 14 seats with congressional redistricting in 2030 as well as extra electoral college votes?
Absolutely nobody is saying that. Nobody.

You are suffering from a delusion.

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
He said that “I’m hearing 16, 17 million immigrants coming over, it’s an invasion, but I actually think it’s a LOT more”.

A LOT more than 17 million coming over.

Net migration over the last 3 years - 1.4million.

He’s nowhere near reality. Not even able to see it on the horizon. I don’t think he cares anymore.
I think it’s you who is nowhere near reality. Net migration over the last 3 years is a falsehood.

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
Everybody who voted for Biden voted for a Biden / Harris ticket.

I did, and I'm delighted. You obviously didn't do why do you care?
But it’s not a Biden/Harris ticket is it. It’s a Harris and who the f*ck knows ticket. I care because a Harris is an ignoramus who dropped out of the race in 2020 before the primaries because she was so unpopular. God forbid she might even win, a disaster for the USA and the world.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
But it’s not a Biden/Harris ticket is it. It’s a Harris and who the f*ck knows ticket. I care because a Harris is an ignoramus who dropped out of the race in 2020 before the primaries because she was so unpopular. God forbid she might even win, a disaster for the USA and the world.

You will see just how "disastrous" it will be when the world doesn't come to an end.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
If she is *that* unpopular and that much is an 'ignoramus', then clearly she won't win, then?

Unlike Trump who people seem to think is the solution to ALL their problems and will, in four years, turn the US into the greatest nation the world had EVER seen...

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Personally I find this an odd comment. I'm a white male and my brother married a black girl from Zim. I don't consider my niece and nephew as black I consider them as mixed heritage.
A lot of people of mixed heritage ie black/white, identify themselves as black. "Black" has more a sense of identity than "mixed race" and therefore more a sense of belonging as you have "black" culture which is more definable than "mixed race" culture which is harder to define.

The only other alternative is for them to identify themselves as "white", which you could argue would be just as valid as them identifying themselves as black, but I suppose their skin tone or other features which denote the black part of their heritage prevents them from doing so due to society's various pressures, and pressures from all sides.

A mixed race person identifying as black is generally accepted as the norm whereas a mixed race person (with mixed race features) identifying as white would open themselves up to criticism and accusations of being ashamed of or in denial of their black heritage because of the perceptions of racism and discrimination. It could also be perceived as a betrayal or rejection or denial of their black heritage in the context of "black pride".

So because of all those pressures and also to have more of a sense of "belonging" it's easier for a mixed race person to identify as black even if by definition they define themselves as "mixed race". There is a subtle difference between "identity" and "definition".

Last edited:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
No the issue is credibility. Most of the claims about Trump do not stand up to close scrutiny, neither do they stand up to the test of time.

Err I think anyone with half a brain cell begs to differ on that, surely..? Can you provide examples of claims that don't stand up to scrutiny/test of time?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
No the issue is credibility. Most of the claims about Trump do not stand up to close scrutiny, neither do they stand up to the test of time.
He was literally found guilty of multiple crimes? How much closer to 'close scrutiny' do you want to get?

:lolol:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
So you’re not too pleased that Harris has been installed as the Democrat nominee without one single vote. I agree with you on that.
as someone outside of US i am aware that party nominees are determined by their convention. the primaries are a pageant for the party to see who's available and who the membership would prefer. there is no obligation for them to have any form of vote, only their own party rules guide how they select a nominee. i find it odd that someone in the US doesn't understand this, and would claim it's undemocratic that a private organisation has altered their choice of who to support. it's the Democrat's nomination, it's their membership's issue who or how they agree to it. presumably you're not going to vote for them anyway, so why the fudge do you care how they nominate them?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Personally I find this an odd comment. I'm a white male and my brother married a black girl from Zim. I don't consider my niece and nephew as black I consider them as mixed heritage.

The point is Trump was trying to deny the black part of her heritage to drive a wedge between Kamala and the audience.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here