Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The 2024 US Election - Trump v Harris

Who will win the 2024 Presidential Election?

• President Joe Biden - Democrat

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Donald Trump - Republican

Votes: 113 37.3%
  • Vice President, Kamala Harris - Democrat

Votes: 170 56.1%
  • Other Democratic candidate tbc

Votes: 19 6.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Reagan had been Governor of California before he secured the nomination. Clooney has no political experience at all and Hollywood stars are not universally popular in the swing states that they need to secure.

Anyway, if they wanted to forget politics and go with star power, then forget Clooney, get in Taylor Swift. She pretty much runs the world already.
Fair point, with Miley Cyrus as her VP :thumbsup:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Reagan had been Governor of California before he secured the nomination. Clooney has no political experience at all and Hollywood stars are not universally popular in the swing states that they need to secure.

Anyway, if they wanted to forget politics and go with star power, then forget Clooney, get in Taylor Swift. She pretty much runs the world already.
The more obvious comparison would have been Trump :shrug:

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
With a nod to Ronald Reagan (even though he was the other lot), should they seriously think about George Clooney?

He clearly has the gravitas and charisma to take on Trump and win.
Ronald Reagan had been governor of California for 8 years. The "anyone but Trump" support will obviously vote for him, but then they would vote for anoyone on the Democrat ticket. I don't think Clooney would win the votes of anyone many who are considering a vote for Trump.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Thinking back to Michelle Obama's 'When they go low, we go high' statement, given that the Republican's are now running a convicted felon, court confirmed sex offender and seemingly obvious seditionist, they are now so low that to counteract, the Democrats might have to nominate the note that Minnie Ripperton hits in 'Loving You'.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
And after he'd got his Supreme Court to fix it so that he wouldn't be limited by the two term rule, he'd be even older.
i assume you're playing, it would need an amendment to constitution, 2/3rds of a complict congress and senate. then ratified by similar proportion of states. cant see Republicans really wanting to go that far.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
i assume you're playing, it would need an amendment to constitution, 2/3rds of a complict congress and senate. then ratified by similar proportion of states. cant see Republicans really wanting to go that far.
Said in jest, but let's not forget that Trump is running to stay out of jail. All the time that he stays president, he stays out of jail. If the threat is still there, he would try to do whatever it took. That was plainly evident when he lost the last election.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Said in jest, but let's not forget that Trump is running to stay out of jail. All the time that he stays president, he stays out of jail. If the threat is still there, he would try to do whatever it took. That was plainly evident when he lost the last election.
well there's a counter point he's getting legal trouble to prevent him from running. not i'm not buying into the lawfare conspricay, though do think the cases would be half hearted and some dismissed if he wasn't running. he's running for his ego, doesn't accept the result of the last election.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
This article from the Guardian mentions that Joe Manchin is considering a challenge. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/article/2024/jul/22/kamala-harris-presidential-election-race. Manchin left the Democrats, fed up that people kept getting cross with him for always being the one hold out on a lot of votes.

He argued at the weekend that Biden should stand down, saying “He will go down with a legacy unlike many people, as one of the finest and truly a [patriotic] American... So, with that, I come with a heavy heart to think the time has come for him to pass the torch to a new generation.

Joe Manchin is 77 in August.
I would worry about Joe Manchin. He won't get on the democratic ticket. I read yesterday that one of the qualifications to even be considered by the DNC was to get signatures from delegates and also be a bona fide Democrat. I think quitting the party kinda screws that.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Will these non-woke voters know what a pencil and an X is though and, are they registered to vote ?

If these no-woke voters aren't already voting Trump, then how have they been labelled non-woke?

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Guardian reporting that Manchin is out:

“I’m not intending to run for any political office, and I made that very clear. I’m retiring, but I’m going to be involved”, said Manchin, who recently registered as an independent, and is set to leave his seat representing West Virginia at the end of the year.

I suspect that before announcing Biden made damn sure that everybody was ready to get behind Kamala Harris to take over. I don't think anybody is going to mount a serious challenge to her.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Guardian reporting that Manchin is out:

I suspect that before announcing Biden made damn sure that everybody was ready to get behind Kamala Harris to take over. I don't think anybody is going to mount a serious challenge to her.
With your expert opinion old boy has RFK no chance whatsover if he stood?

The Kennedy's were almost looked upon as the USA's Royal Family years ago, but I'd imagine that's long gone.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
With your expert opinion old boy has RFK no chance whatsover if he stood?

The Kennedy's were almost looked upon as the USA's Royal Family years ago, but I'd imagine that's long gone.
No. No chance. He's a lunatic that had his brain eaten by a worm and also may have eaten a dog. Romney was (at least partially) derailed by a story about attaching his dog to the roof of his car. Any chance Kristi Noem had of the VP spot was shot (pun intended) when she gleefully recounted her story of shotting her dog. You think anybody is going to ignore RFK Jr eating a dog?

Even his own family have distanced themselves from him.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
With a nod to Ronald Reagan (even though he was the other lot), should they seriously think about George Clooney?

He clearly has the gravitas and charisma to take on Trump and win.
Too many coffee breaks.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

If he wins, he'll pardon himself. So how will he be at risk after his presidency?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here