Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The 2024 US Election - Trump v Harris

Who will win the 2024 Presidential Election?

• President Joe Biden - Democrat

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Donald Trump - Republican

Votes: 113 37.3%
  • Vice President, Kamala Harris - Democrat

Votes: 170 56.1%
  • Other Democratic candidate tbc

Votes: 19 6.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
We need Michelle Obama to step forward, I know she has said a few times she doesn’t want to be in politics but the reality is that all the data shows if she doesn’t Trump will win again. No pressure Michelle!

Edit: I can’t see who else the dems could put forward at this late juncture who would stand a chance.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Joe Biden might have one last great duty to perform for the USA. At Trump's inauguration he can pull out a gun and shoot Trump dead...and then claim the Presidential immunity from prosecution that Trump was awarded in court.

Simples.
Yes but instead he'd pat the empty holster, check his jacket pocket and then curse that he'd left the gun on his desk.

Lol.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
We need Michelle Obama to step forward, I know she has said a few times she doesn’t want to be in politics but the reality is that all the data shows if she doesn’t Trump will win again. No pressure Michelle!

Edit: I can’t see who else the dems could put forward at this late juncture who would stand a chance.
This is where US politics seems to be absolutely mental (maybe it's the same elsewhere, I don't know (or care, really). A few months ago, Trump - a convicted felon - was not fit to run for president, should be nonowhere near the ballot. And now he is the favourite, the best choice and a changed man (yeah, ok mates).

But there is ONE person in the whole world who can stop him: the wife of a former president, who has no direct frontline political experience and (apparently) doesn't want any.

And yet, on the OTHER hand, we're told that the US isn't anywhere near ready for a female president (leaving aside the ridiculous slurs/conspiracy theories about MO being a man). And ESPECIALLY not a black female president.

The whole thing is an absolute farce. Trump will always be the same - full of shite and a very odd man - and will probably win, all because he got shot and he's a few years younger than the guy who was meant to be running - plus he's a man.

And he did such a great job last time (so he tells everyone) and will save the country from the absolute depths it is in now (it's not). It's totally bonkers and, for that reason, I'm out.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This is where US politics seems to be absolutely mental (maybe it's the same elsewhere, I don't know (or care, really). A few months ago, Trump - a convicted felon - was not fit to run for president, should be nonowhere near the ballot. And now he is the favourite, the best choice and a changed man (yeah, ok mates).

But there is ONE person in the whole world who can stop him: the wife of a former president, who has no direct frontline political experience and (apparently) doesn't want any.

And yet, on the OTHER hand, we're told that the US isn't anywhere near ready for a female president (leaving aside the ridiculous slurs/conspiracy theories about MO being a man). And ESPECIALLY not a black female president.

The whole thing is an absolute farce. Trump will always be the same - full of shite and a very odd man - and will probably win, all because he got shot and he's a few years younger than the guy who was meant to be running - plus he's a man.

And he did such a great job last time (so he tells everyone) and will save the country from the absolute depths it is in now (it's not). It's totally bonkers and, for that reason, I'm out.
Whilst I will follow the race with some interest, I'm beyond caring about the outcome. If Trump wins, I just hope the EU and UK are polite, but row back from dealing with him. No one needs this supposed special relationship and I am not even sure it has any value.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
GTCK8QMXMAAT3oO.jpeg

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I think Harris will be a much better candidate than people anticipate. Obviously Trumps base will not move as they currently believe the moon is made of cheese, there is no winning over those people.

For the undecided, independent and non-registered voters who dislike Trump but had misgivings about Biden's ability to be President for another four years, Harris will look a much better bet now.

The Democrats have a pretty good domestic message to sell right now, economy doing well, crime down etc. Harris can deliver this message better than Biden right now. Also on the issue of abortion and women's rights there has never been a clearer divide and an articulate lawyer such as Harris taking on a rambling incoherent felon and acknowledged by a civil court as an abuser should also play well to those who are not already blindly following their own prejudices.

I will never be a fan of any US president, there are too many structural issues that inhibit a truly progressive government there, but this is a choice between order and 'iron fist' authoritarianism. Harris for President all the way for me and I think she'll do it.

Last edited:

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
When Trump was shot Biden was expressing his anger and concerns both publly and privately via a phone call to Trump.

When Biden stood down from the upcoming election Trump sends the most hateful message using terms like crooked worst unfit to describe the President.

I fear at this moment Trump appears unstoppable.

Kamala Harris has a mountain to climb and very little time to do it, just hope she gains the nomination quickly and picks a credible running mate.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
With a nod to Ronald Reagan (even though he was the other lot), should they seriously think about George Clooney?

He clearly has the gravitas and charisma to take on Trump and win.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
This article from the Guardian mentions that Joe Manchin is considering a challenge. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/article/2024/jul/22/kamala-harris-presidential-election-race. Manchin left the Democrats, fed up that people kept getting cross with him for always being the one hold out on a lot of votes.

He argued at the weekend that Biden should stand down, saying “He will go down with a legacy unlike many people, as one of the finest and truly a [patriotic] American... So, with that, I come with a heavy heart to think the time has come for him to pass the torch to a new generation.

Joe Manchin is 77 in August.

borat

Jul 16, 2003

Farcical eh. Hollywood scriptwriters would struggle to come up with a more bonkers situation.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Farcical eh. Hollywood scriptwriters would struggle to come up with a more bonkers situation.
Well, yeah. Almost!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Any on the right who felt Biden was too old now (pretty much all of them from looks of it), if Trump gets in he will surpass Biden's current age whilst in office.

So that kinda blows that argument out of the water.

Do we know if there is expected to be another televised debate? Harris or whoever needs a chance to go up against him live, IMO.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
With a nod to Ronald Reagan (even though he was the other lot), should they seriously think about George Clooney?

He clearly has the gravitas and charisma to take on Trump and win.
Reagan had been Governor of California before he secured the nomination. Clooney has no political experience at all and Hollywood stars are not universally popular in the swing states that they need to secure.

Anyway, if they wanted to forget politics and go with star power, then forget Clooney, get in Taylor Swift. She pretty much runs the world already.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Well that image doesn't look even remotely doctored...
I don’t think the image is but the text certainly is utter bollix.

Harris, who was never a ‘call girl’, had a very brief relationship with Willie Brown over a decade after he split from his wife but she became the target of a right wing smear campaign nonetheless:

Do we know if there is expected to be another televised debate? Harris or whoever needs a chance to go up against him live, IMO.
There was one lined up for September. However, with Biden dropping out, I guess Trump might have second thoughts if he had to debate Harris or heaven forbid, Michelle Obama.

He has a lot of difficulty engaging with confident, powerful women. Maybe they make him feel impotent or something :lol:?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here