Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The 2024 US Election - Trump v Harris

Who will win the 2024 Presidential Election?

• President Joe Biden - Democrat

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Donald Trump - Republican

Votes: 114 37.5%
  • Vice President, Kamala Harris - Democrat

Votes: 170 55.9%
  • Other Democratic candidate tbc

Votes: 19 6.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Looks likely that Trump is going to get away with virtually every misdemeanour, crime and lie. SCOTUS have ruled that he is immune from virtually anything he did while in office and, if he wins office again, he can do whatever he wants.

Could this be the beginning of the end for the US? Civil War #2 ?
No is the short answer.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
No is the short answer.
I think it is, extremely partisan Senate and House. Right wing loaded SCOTUS that will defend Trump or give him a pass for almost anything he does.

Biden is past it but would govern much better due to ability to take advice and defer to experts.

Trump is past it to but will think he can do what he likes...and, act like an 80 year old baby. Truly scary.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
judgment looks like a fudge, a roadbump for current or future cases. you first have to determine if an action was made in official or unoffical capacity. it should be fairly obvious when that applies, those actions in execution of the office. asking a governor to break the law on votes is probably not an official, but a DA and judge have to dance around that for months.
Quite

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I think it is, extremely partisan Senate and House. Right wing loaded SCOTUS that will defend Trump or give him a pass for almost anything he does.

Biden is past it but would govern much better due to ability to take advice and defer to experts.

Trump is past it to but will think he can do what he likes...and, act like an 80 year old baby. Truly scary.
There won't be civil war, won't even be close to being civil war.

If Trump wins there will be moaning and frowning and then life will go on for 95 percent of people in the USA, people have better things to worry about.

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Just an utter, utter mess from the Democrats.
If they'd just not even mentioned the word 'Trump' since the day of Biden's inauguration, I think all would be safe.

They've given Trump a bigger platform and loudspeaker than he had before.
The DoJ, has brought various criminal charges against Trump on evidentiary grounds and his indictments coming from Grand Jury recommendations not the recommendation of Joe Biden - and he was convicted by a trial jury in the Stormy Daniels case - unless the Trump’s defence lawyers have used their voir dires to flood juries with biased Democratic supporters (which would be ridiculous) then any Jury will consist of jurors representing both sides of the political divide selected in equal part by Defence and Prosecution lawyers.

If the DoJ is so rigged by the Democrats and it was impossible for Trump to get a fair trial in Democratic New York, then why was Hunter Biden convicted by a jury in Delaware, a strongly Democratic State?

It is not the Democrats trying to politicise Trump’s criminal conviction or weaponise the DoJ and SCOTUS to shield him from legal jeopardy.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
The DoJ, has brought various criminal charges against Trump on evidentiary grounds and his indictments coming from Grand Jury recommendations not the recommendation of Joe Biden - and he was convicted by a trial jury in the Stormy Daniels case - unless the Trump’s defence lawyers have used their voir dires to flood juries with biased Democratic supporters (which would be ridiculous) then any Jury will consist of jurors representing both sides of the political divide selected in equal part by Defence and Prosecution lawyers.

If the DoJ is so rigged by the Democrats and it was impossible for Trump to get a fair trial in Democratic New York, then why was Hunter Biden convicted by a jury in Delaware, a strongly Democratic State?

It is not the Democrats trying to politicise Trump’s criminal conviction or weaponise the DoJ and SCOTUS to shield him from legal jeopardy.
Animated GIF

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Clearly not capable of sensible debate.

Interesting that with the majority of posters expressing views similar to mine on this thread, I am the only one you chose to respond like this to - I’ll remove you from my talk list.

Last edited:

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
😬

I replied with the confused meme because your reply to me went way off on a tangent that I hadn’t even referenced.

Don’t be so sensitive.
I wasn’t being sensitive- just don’t see the point of debating an issue with anyone that just posts gifs in a dismissive response.🤷‍♂️

My post was in direct reference to your implication that today’s SCOTUS ruling and Trump doing well in the polls because of his criminal conviction and other indictments, was down to the Democrats.

Just an utter, utter mess from the Democrats.
If they'd just not even mentioned the word 'Trump' since the day of Biden's inauguration, I think all would be safe.
That’s a view based on the premise that the Democrats have been responsible for pursuing Trump through the courts which is also the line Trump and MAGA take. I just disagree with it on factual grounds. It is the DoJ alone and Grand Jury deliberations that is the reason Trump is facing criminal charges (and obviously evidence gathered that points to his wrong-doing) - to believe otherwise, is to believe Trump‘s claims of being a victim of a witch-hunt which is what he wants people to beleive..

Yes, Trump has clearly benefitted from a backlash of support among Republicans in response to all these court cases but there’s no evidence that has eaten into swing voters or swung the vote away from the Dems which is what matters. Nor is there any evidence that the Democrats have rigged the DoJ to convict Trump or rigged Grand Juries to make them indict him.

Last edited:

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I wasn’t being sensitive- just don’t see the point of debating an issue with anyone that just posts gifs in a dismissive response.🤷‍♂️

My post was in direct reference to your implication that today’s SCOTUS ruling and Trump doing well in the polls because of his criminal conviction and other indictments, was down to the Democrats.

That’s a view based on the premise that the Democrats have been responsible for pursuing Trump through the courts which is also the line Trump and MAGA take. I just disagree with it on factual grounds. It is the DoJ alone and Grand Jury deliberations that is the reason Trump is facing criminal charges (and obviously evidence gathered that points to his wrong-doing) - to believe otherwise, is to believe Trump‘s claims of being a victim of a witch-hunt which is what he wants people to beleive..

Yes, Trump has clearly benefitted from a backlash of support among Republicans in response to all these court cases but there’s no evidence that has eaten into swing voters or swung the vote away from the Dems which is what matters. Nor is there any evidence that the Democrats have rigged the DoJ to convict Trump or rigged Grand Juries to make them indict him.
A load more waffle. My post had nothing to do with today's ruling, and wasn't in reply to anyone at all.
It was just a post, it wasn't that deep.

And again, there's no need to be sensitive; "I am the only one you chose to respond like this to", there was no need to take it so personally.
I follow everyone's opinion with interest, and have no real care what they think, or how they vote (politically) one way or the other.

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
A load more waffle. My post had nothing to do with today's ruling, and wasn't in reply to anyone at all.
It was just a post, it wasn't that deep.

And again, there's no need to be sensitive; "I am the only one you chose to respond like this to", there was no need to take it so personally.
I follow everyone's opinion with interest, and have no real care what they think, or how they vote (politically) one way or the other.
Stop accusing me of being sensitive ffs. You can’t be rude to people (as you have been again in referring to my posts as “a load of waffle” but then gaslight me and accuse me of being sensitive when I point out you are being rude - that’s not how it works. 🙄

I simply disagree with your POV that Trump’s popularity is because the Democrats have made an “utter utter mess of things” that’s all. (With the exception of chosing Biden in the Primaries as I said above).

CBA. TBH.

Last edited:

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Jul 20, 2003
the majority of the supreme court

3 appointed by Bush (including Clarence Thomas, who is a greedy idiot)
3 appointed by Trump (including Brewskis Kavanaugh)

1 by Clinton
1 by Obama
1 by Biden

vote in favour of it not being a criminal act if you were president when you did it.

well sheeeeeeet

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
the majority of the supreme court

3 appointed by Bush (including Clarence Thomas, who is a greedy idiot)
3 appointed by Trump (including Brewskis Kavanaugh)

1 by Clinton
1 by Obama
1 by Biden

vote in favour of it not being a criminal act if you were president when you did it.

well sheeeeeeet
This is well worth a watch, particularly re Clarence Thomas:

(apols if fixtures)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here