Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The 2024 US Election - Trump v Harris

Who will win the 2024 Presidential Election?

• President Joe Biden - Democrat

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Donald Trump - Republican

Votes: 114 37.5%
  • Vice President, Kamala Harris - Democrat

Votes: 170 55.9%
  • Other Democratic candidate tbc

Votes: 19 6.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Biden live on R5 just now. Sounded much better. Amazing what a 7% solution of cocaine taken intravenously can do for a man. Ask Sherlock Holmes :LOL:

(Sounded good, by the way. What a palaver.)

So why the hell didn't he get himself sounding good before the TV debate?

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
If only the Democrats had sent this guy to the debate last night:

^ that guy sounds like somebody who'd make a great president.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
The fact that the Democrats don't replace Biden is a dereliction of duty. In much the same way as Labour didn't show any backbone in speaking out more strongly against Brexit.
If Trump gets voted in as President the Democrats will have blood on their hands for what subsequently happens around the world.
There is still time to replace Biden, for fucks sake get on and do it.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
The fact that the Democrats don't replace Biden is a dereliction of duty. In much the same way as Labour didn't show any backbone in speaking out more strongly against Brexit.
If Trump gets voted in as President the Democrats will have blood on their hands for what subsequently happens around the world.
But who?

Harris the VP?

Is RFK Jnr still classed as a Democrat?

Or really left field but perhaps a sure fire winner Michelle Obama?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I do believe the Democrats will replace Biden. But it'll have to be a shock/incredible candidate of celebrity status - as no genuine political figure will want to go up against Trump at late notice, as it could be near-career ending, imo.

If I were a betting man, I'd put money on the replacement occurring before the upcoming second debate of September 10, 2024.

Gretchen Whitmer, Pete Buttigieg, Josh Shapiro, Gavin Newsom?
Any of them would stand more chance of beating Trump.

I disagree, I think none of them would beat Trump (or have a better chance than Biden) if they were to be brought in today.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
100% this. Biden may or may not be up to the job (and yesterday's performance pushed the needle alarming towards the not), but he will surround himself with competent and serious people who will look to advance a progressive agenda while mostly maintaining the status quo.

Trump will surround himself with crooks, grifters and yes men that will milk the country, and the world, for everything they can, destroy long established institutions and destroy democracy. If Trump wins, this might be the last election America has for a while.

The choice could hardly be more stark.

I was 100% in favor of voting for Biden. That resolve has been shaken by last night's shitshow. But I am still 100% committed to voting against Trump and his fawning cult of GOP lackeys that have enabled him due to their cowardice.
who are the Republicans and Democrats that'll sign up for constitutional change, is it 66 or 75% needed? does Trump really energise any sort of revolution if he's President. Trump's actions around the last election and the follow January are those of a wounded ego having a tantrum, with fringe cult of followers, not a thoughtful dictator with a broad groundswell of support. there's no big substantial political ideas, nothing to strive for except winning. alternative view, he wins a second election, sees that as vindication and buggers off to the golf course for 4 years.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
who are the Republicans and Democrats that'll sign up for constitutional change, is it 66 or 75% needed? does Trump really energise any sort of revolution if he's President. Trump's actions around the last election and the follow January are those of a wounded ego having a tantrum, with fringe cult of followers, not a thoughtful dictator with a broad groundswell of support. there's no big substantial political ideas, nothing to strive for except winning. alternative view, he wins a second election, sees that as vindication and buggers off to the golf course for 4 years.
Trump doesn't care about the constitution. And neither does the majority on SCOTUS that he put there.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I do believe the Democrats will replace Biden. But it'll have to be a shock/incredible candidate of celebrity status - as no genuine political figure will want to go up against Trump at late notice, as it could be near-career ending, imo.
like that train of thought, someone who just want to have a go outside the political machines. Mark Cuban springs to mind who was rumourd to want a run.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
like that train of thought, someone who just want to have a go outside the political machines. Mark Cuban springs to mind who was rumourd to want a run.

I think that would have been a decent shout, all things considered.

For me personally, though, at this stage, with only a few months to go, I really believe they need a Michelle Obama, Oprah or The Rock ( :rolleyes: ) type, larger-than-life figure to really whip up the votes and re-invigorate the party and supporters.

That, or more likely than not, lose the election to Trump, and god help us all.
Or, the final option, horrific to consider, but worse has been done in the US, Trump gets ...permanently removed, before November.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
I don't know about Mark Cuban. He is certainly in alignment on some Democratic issues, but he does lean towards libertarianism.

He's not the worst shout, but another "deranged billionaire" running for office isn't likely to unite the left of the Democratic party.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The fact that the Democrats don't replace Biden is a dereliction of duty.

I completely agree. The Republican party is of course a disgrace (like the Tories under Boris, but even worse) and I blame the Democrats for allowing Trump a chance, just as I blamed Labour for putting up Corbyn and thus allowing the Tories to run riot.

Whilst I agree that it is a dereliction of duty, the blood will be on the Republicans hands, not the Democrats.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm 1hr 15m in to the debate and - having read the bad reviews about Biden - I have to say in terms of delivery Trump wins but in terms of content Biden wins.

Everything with Trump is a lie without any statistics, it is extreme hyperbole. Biden is the only one producing real numbers, facts, cogent arguments. It is easier to rant than it is to be constantly disproving falsehoods.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I'm 1hr 15m in to the debate and - having read the bad reviews about Biden - I have to say in terms of delivery Trump wins but in terms of content Biden wins.

Everything with Trump is a lie without any statistics, it is extreme hyperbole. Biden is the only one producing real numbers, facts, cogent arguments. It is easier to rant than it is to be constantly disproving falsehoods.
😬😬😬

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here