Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The 2024 US Election - Trump v Harris

Who will win the 2024 Presidential Election?

• President Joe Biden - Democrat

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Donald Trump - Republican

Votes: 114 37.5%
  • Vice President, Kamala Harris - Democrat

Votes: 170 55.9%
  • Other Democratic candidate tbc

Votes: 19 6.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
TRUMP PRESS CONFERENCE live from Trump Tower - 4PM UK time

Live (on Sky and maybe other channels).

- probably not a good idea to accuse the DoJ of ‘politicising’ justice and ‘corruption’ when the Judge has retired to chambers to consider the severity of your punishment - nor a good idea to dog whistle one’s supporters into making a violent protest if the Judge gives a tough sentence, given one’s other criminal investigations into insurrection …

But Trump is Trump and so will likely tread some fine lines around doing exactly that.

Biden is expected to speak from the WH sometime later today too on the verdict.
I'd prefer Biden to stay out of it. Getting involved will just fuel the fire that this is 'political'.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
1717165827856.png

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I'd prefer Biden to stay out of it. Getting involved will just fuel the fire that this is 'political'.
I agree.

I think there are security concerns for the safety of the jurors that convicted him - although not sure how that’s become public knowledge but there are also wider concerns for violence erupting across the States - It would be very much the role of the President in normal circumstances to deconflict civil protest and say no one is above the law and appeal for calm but in this instance, whether he’s right to do so or not, could be a red flag of it’s own.

“May 31 - Supporters of former President Donald Trump, enraged by his conviction on 34 felony counts by a New York jury, flooded pro-Trump websites with calls for riots, revolution and violent retribution”

MAGA supporters - charming as ever …

‘Some called for attacks on jurors, the execution of the judge, Justice Juan Merchan, or outright civil war and armed insurrection.
“Someone in NY with nothing to lose needs to take care of Merchan,” wrote one commentator on Patriots.Win. “Hopefully he gets met with illegals with a machete,” the post said in reference to illegal immigrants.
On Gateway Pundit, one poster suggested shooting liberals after the verdict. “Time to start capping some leftys,” said the post. “This cannot be fixed by voting."’.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
I agree.

I think there are security concerns for the safety of the jurors that convicted him - although not sure how that’s become public knowledge but there are also wider concerns for violence erupting across the States - It would be very much the role of the President in normal circumstances to deconflict civil protest and say no one is above the law and appeal for calm but in this instance, whether he’s right to do so or not, could be a red flag of it’s own.

“May 31 - Supporters of former President Donald Trump, enraged by his conviction on 34 felony counts by a New York jury, flooded pro-Trump websites with calls for riots, revolution and violent retribution”

I think it's kind of difficult at this point for him not to comment at all. But yes, it's a very fine line he has to walk here. He'll say something generic about "nobody is above the law" and probably skirt even saying former president and current felon Donald Trump's name.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The fact he's started talking a lot more recently about mental asylums makes me think it's on his mind atm. Maybe preparing for a stint...?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Screw it. I like him now. He's SO funny. I think he's just having fun isn't he? We've all fallen for it.
If none of the last 10 years mattered, it would all be spectacularly funny. He is one of the WEIRDEST men who has ever existed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here