Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The 2024-25 Loanee Tracker Thread

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Maybe we should consider Sima more as we need another goal scorer.

Having a second great loan spell
Doesn’t Sima play more as a left winger/inside forward than an out and out striker? I agree we are perhaps a touch light up front with only really Welbeck and Ferguson to choose from.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Doesn’t Sima play more as a left winger/inside forward than an out and out striker? I agree we are perhaps a touch light up front with only really Welbeck and Ferguson to choose from.
The point is, he scores goals - not so much a matter of where he plays, but yes, I think he was usually vaguely a left sided attacker for Rangers.

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
He hardly played, if at all, in pre-season! Makes it hard to impress!
Sure, but I personally saw enough of him in those friendlies to be underwhelmed, having initially thought he might stick around for the season instead of going out on loan again based on his performance for Rangers.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Sure, but I personally saw enough of him in those friendlies to be underwhelmed, having initially thought he might stick around for the season instead of going out on loan again based on his performance for Rangers.
Just an appearance in part of the games in Japan, wasn't it? Pretty sure he didn't score, and the Rangers fans were pretty clear that the only good thing he did do was score goals - 'bambi on ice', 'never a footballer', just kept scoring goals!

pigmanovich

Mar 16, 2024
London
Just an appearance in part of the games in Japan, wasn't it? Pretty sure he didn't score, and the Rangers fans were pretty clear that the only good thing he did do was score goals - 'bambi on ice', 'never a footballer', just kept scoring goals!
No, he didn't, and he wasn't actively involved in our attacks either as far as I recall. But it's hard for me to quickly look up who featured in which games and for how long.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No, he didn't, and he wasn't actively involved in our attacks either as far as I recall. But it's hard for me to quickly look up who featured in which games and for how long.
Exactly. That's what the Rangers fans were saying (and I was reporting them as saying) - he just scored goals! He played two 45 minute slots in Japan, BTW, nothing thereafter.

pigmanovich

Mar 16, 2024
London
Exactly. That's what the Rangers fans were saying (and I was reporting them as saying) - he just scored goals!
Right, I see what you mean now.
He played two 45 minute slots in Japan, BTW, nothing thereafter.
Enough for Fabi to decide he was surplus to requirements. I do feel we have enough real and potential goalscorers in the squad, especially with Baleba now contributing on that front.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Exactly. That's what the Rangers fans were saying (and I was reporting them as saying) - he just scored goals! He played two 45 minute slots in Japan, BTW, nothing thereafter.

I don’t think he even played the full second half either time he came on. If I recall correctly he was subbed on at half time and then came off around 80 mins both times.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
...and Joao Pedro (probably first choice up front if Gruda or O'Reilly were fit), and Julio Enciso who is more of a striker than a 10.

Selling or loaning out Sima was always the most logical option. Not because he is bad but because we have a lot of great options.

If this was in the summer of 2021 or 2022, he'd be playing some PL football for us at this stage, but the requirements are higher now. If he has a great season in Brest now then I wouldn't rule out him getting a chance next season when we may well see a bit more change up front.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Only issue is he'd be entering the final year of his contract.
Which he might be interested in extending if we're willing to give him a chance in the PL. All of that is a long way from now though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here