Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 20,000th Premiersh1te Goal

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
19,996 scored up to Adam Johnson goal in the Man City v Stoke game.

Who will it be ?

19,997 and 19,998 now scored

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Its All BRIGHTON :clap:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Why start a thread on what you refer to as the 'Premiersh1te'?

Because it IS. Its a closed shop. Chatting to a WBA fan at work and he says other than the top six (and maybe throw in Villa and Everton) there is virtually f*** all from about eighth in the Prem to about HALF WAY in the Champ.

You know who will win the prem (Man U, Chelsea, Arse and now Man City) who will follow up Spurs , Liverpool, then the odd "outsider" like Everton, Villa or a real unexpected ONE OFF like Sunderland or Newcastle.

But overall dull, dull, DULL.

Apparantly SKY would have you believe thw WHOLE WORLD would be watching Blackburn v Bolton. Not me couldnt give a f***. Give me ( and God forgive me) Palace v Brum anyday.

Even now both Saints and WHU are having a wobble up so you cant GUARANTEE they are gonna finish 1/2

Last edited:

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Because it IS. Its a closed shop. Chatting to a WBA fan at work and he says other than the top six (and maybe thow in Villa and Everton) there is virtually f*** all from about eighth in the Prem to about HALF WAY in the Champ.

You know who will win the prem (Man U, Chelsea, Arse and now Man City) who will follow up Spurs , Liverpool, then the odd "outsider" like Everton, Villa orva real unexpected ONE OFF like Sunderland or Newcastle.

Even now both Saints and WHU are having a wobble up so you cant GUARANTEE they are gonna finish 1/2

so you can't predict the promotion candidates from the Championship? ???

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove

You can predict them, but not with the certainty you can pick the top six Premier league clubs.

Would a promoted side ever win the Premiership or qualify for the Champions league? In a word no

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Would a promoted side ever win the Premiership or qualify for the Champions league? In a word no

You could in old football - In the late 70's Forest did - Champions first season, European Cup winners the next, and they went up as the third place team.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
You could in old football - In the late 70's Forest did - Champions first season, European Cup winners the next, and they went up as the third place team.

Football had a much leveller playing field in those days. I'm afraid we may never see the likes of Derby & Forest again.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Because it IS. Its a closed shop. Chatting to a WBA fan at work and he says other than the top six (and maybe throw in Villa and Everton) there is virtually f*** all from about eighth in the Prem to about HALF WAY in the Champ.

You know who will win the prem (Man U, Chelsea, Arse and now Man City) who will follow up Spurs , Liverpool, then the odd "outsider" like Everton, Villa or a real unexpected ONE OFF like Sunderland or Newcastle.

Apparantly SKY would have you believe thw WHOLE WORLD would be watching Blackburn v Bolton. Not me couldnt give a f***. Give me ( and God forgive me) Palace v Brum anyday.

Sky's trick of overhyping (works on most suckers) is a series of landmarks and SuperSundays.

They're already planing the 26th anniversary of their buddy Sir Alex next October, their mate Ryan Giggs reaching x number of games, good old Wenger managing for 16 years. Yawn, Yawn. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The lower divisions do give a more honest 'product' of simply football games.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

What? Course not. Its the most open league in the country.

Norwich came from nowhere and put on a ball busting run to get into second. Every now and then you get a stand out team like QPR or Newcastle but is it nailed on that Soton and WHU are gonna finish 1/2.

No. They are having a wobble and there is still time for teams like Leics and Hull to re-assert themselves.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I don't recognise any difference between the First Division and the Premiership. Teams still strive for promotion to it, and fight to win it / avoid relegation from it. So nothing has changed, except the way it is run and marketed. And it's only the way it's run that turns it into such a farcical circus at times.

Therefore, the concept of '20,000th Premiership goal' has, for me, no value to it.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I don't recognise any difference between the First Division and the Premiership. Teams still strive for promotion to it, and fight to win it / avoid relegation from it. So nothing has changed, except the way it is run and marketed. And it's only the way it's run that turns it into such a farcical circus at times.

Therefore, the concept of '20,000th Premiership goal' has, for me, no value to it.
This. I can't believe it took 19 posts to get here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here