Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 20,000th Premiersh1te Goal

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Because it IS. Its a closed shop. Chatting to a WBA fan at work and he says other than the top six (and maybe throw in Villa and Everton) there is virtually f*** all from about eighth in the Prem to about HALF WAY in the Champ.

You know who will win the prem (Man U, Chelsea, Arse and now Man City) who will follow up Spurs , Liverpool, then the odd "outsider" like Everton, Villa or a real unexpected ONE OFF like Sunderland or Newcastle.

Compare that to most major leagues in the world and you'll see that the Prem is actually genuinely quite competitive. The Bundesliga is the massive exception. The Prem is far more competitive than La Liga, the SPL, Serie A (although this year looks a bit more interesting for once) and numerous others.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Compare that to most major leagues in the world and you'll see that the Prem is actually genuinely quite competitive. The Bundesliga is the massive exception. The Prem is far more competitive than La Liga, the SPL, Serie A (although this year looks a bit more interesting for once) and numerous others.

Its a fair point. What I was getting at was the hyperbole of the whole world watching Blackburn v Bolton.

No thanks.

Or Stoke v Wolves

Or QPR v Fulham

Or WBA v Villa

NAH

Its competitive from about 8th down to half way in the champ yes.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Its a fair point. What I was getting at was the hyperbole of the whole world watching Blackburn v Bolton.

No thanks.

Or Stoke v Wolves

Or QPR v Fulham

Or WBA v Villa

NAH

You could argue it differently, if you think outside of the idea that actually WINNING the league is the only measure of success.

The truth is, that each year the smaller clubs stay up - that in itself is a prize worth winning. Plus, isn't every PL position worth a MILLION pounds or something?

The PRIZE (difference in prize money) for finishing 15th over 16th in the Prem is bigger than the prize for winning the Championship.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

No thanks.

Or Stoke v Wolves

Or QPR v Fulham

Or WBA v Villa

NAH

I agree with you on the overhyping of pretty meaningless games. A bit more honesty wouldn't go amiss.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
You could argue it differently, if you think outside of the idea that actually WINNING the league is the only measure of success.

The truth is, that each year the smaller clubs stay up - that in itself is a prize worth winning. Plus, isn't every PL position worth a MILLION pounds or something?

The PRIZE (difference in prize money) for finishing 15th over 16th in the Prem is bigger than the prize for winning the Championship.

Yep agreed. However until Brighton get there I wont be one of the WORLD that is watching such a glamorous fixture as Wigan V Newcastle.

And even then if we were in the Prem then I still WOULDNT watch that.

In fact its fair to say on the FLS I FFW to the Brighton bits and dont bother with the rest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here