Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thatcher

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
@bushy my point stands. People always look at domestic issues ahead of foreign affairs. Domestically this country was great under Blair and faced disturbance after disturbance under Thatchers reign of evil.

Yet under Blair we came within a whiskers breath of the Army being deployed on British streets. The petrol blockades nearly brought this country to it's knees.

It's a rather simplistic view that somehow we lived in paradise under Blair. He was a breath of fresh air when he came to power as was Thatcher. They both ended their reigns believing they were royalty and completely shafting the country.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I would never agree with you in a million years. She was instrumental in the decline of manufacturing industry and the systematic destruction of our public services and the only tired old argument her supporters put forward is that she rid us of our "terrible trade unions". Well the unions are still here and still fighting for millions of working people in this country against this current bunch of fools. It is the same tired old discredited argument that you can deal with difficult financial times with a single policy of cutting public expenditure. It was discredited in the 1980's and it is discredited now.

Please show me where anyone has said Thatcher rid us of the unions ?? She curbed their power, and rightly so, but she never got rid of them.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Not read the whole thread but what public duties do these people do? Maggie is more or less being wheeled about and well into her dotage.

They are all millionnaires, have they no humility?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here