Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thatcher

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Presumably posters who wish death on Thatcher must also wish death on Blair for taking us into a war which has resulted in the deaths of thousands of troops and civilians?

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I guess you had to be there?

Blair should be in the Hague facing war crimes IMHO....but Thatcher destroyed the fiber or the British being...it’s a very long story which includes words like "greed is good" "the decimation of the pride of the working man", which in a way has shaped today’s problems. Her legacy will last for years.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
I'm genuinely intrigued by the amount of vitriol directed towards Thatcher but not Blair. I guess because Blair's 'crimes' took place in a foreign land?
Fair point. I'm not a defender of Blair's foreign policy - it was despicable to me.

My beef with Thatcher is more personal because she affected many people around me and obstructed certain liberties I'd held to be sacred.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
Blair should be in the Hague facing war crimes IMHO....but Thatcher destroyed the fiber or the British being...it’s a very long story which includes words like "greed is good" "the decimation of the pride of the working man", which in a way has shaped today’s problems. Her legacy will last for years.

Truth. She broke a lot of honest families

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Presumably posters who wish death on Thatcher must also wish death on Blair for taking us into a war which has resulted in the deaths of thousands of troops and civilians?

The amount Saddam killed , the war, despite the terrible loss's, still in the long run saved lives. Freed a nation

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I'm genuinely intrigued by the amount of vitriol directed towards Thatcher but not Blair. I guess because Blair's 'crimes' took place in a foreign land?

People generally care much more about home affairs, rightly or wrongly - that's the way it is.

Compare Thatchers selling off of the family silver and the winter of discontent. Doesn't look good against Blairs decade of homeland prosperity - however it was achieved.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Remember the Falklands?

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
The amount Saddam killed , the war, despite the terrible loss's, still in the long run saved lives. Freed a nation
Are you kidding... you think that after the ILLEGAL war that Iraq is free....where were these weapons of Mass Destruction? Yes I know he murdered a lot of his own people...so did a lot of dictators...Libya.... Gadaffi and Robert Mugabe ...we are no longer the worlds policemen...one day Blair will have to face up to his conlusion with Gaffadi and all the backhanders....Middle East Peace Envoy to Blair is like Cyril Smith to handgliding!!

The death toll was 907. The war was protecting, not an invasion.

(Pedant)

The 'war' happened after thatcher ignored advice from her defence chiefs and withdrew a fisheries protection vessel. She was warned that to do so would send a signal to Argentina that the UK no longer cared about the Falklands/Malvinas but she overruled them, a descision for which John Nott took the flak to protect the witch.

The only reason people died in the Falklands was that thatcher was too pigheaded to accept she was wrong and becuase of her vicious zeal to 'cut' spending.

Their blood is on her hands in exactly the same way that the blood of Iraqis is on bliars.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here