Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thatcher T-Shirts Sold in Brighton...

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
Not that I want to stop you getting wound up in righteous indignation, but how can you tell they are British graves?

LAMBRETTA MAN

Feb 5, 2012
Don't think they are mate, the British and Commonwealth graves I've been to in Europe are never in the Cross.

Very shitty T shirt though, anyone who wears one should really take a look at themselves.

Yes i stand corrected they are in fact American WW1 graves , and as you say anyone who wears one should be ashamed..

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Sorry, just checking my new profile pic.............

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
I agree that they background picture has not been thought through, and the punctuation is bad.
But, the message is valid. Unless you want to live in a censored society.

Fact remains, Thatcher f***ed up everything for a whole generation and beyond.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Hate the f***ing woman, and what she did to this country.

So you are unhappy she put the Great back into Great Britain, at least for a short while after decades of decline? Why?

Take a look at our thriving car industry, not the Trade Unions in the shape of the likes of Red Robbo are no more. Ok, it may no linger be British owned, thanks to the unions, but at least lots of people have good jobs within it.

Also, very few parts of Britain are blighted by mining, and the mess and anti-social existence associated with it. She made a fantastic job of modernising this country.

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
She created a generation of money-grabbing, greedy, selfish, "look how much my house is worth", yuppy, tossers!
She sold, to the rich, what the people of this country already owned.

LAMBRETTA MAN

Feb 5, 2012
So you are unhappy she put the Great back into Great Britain, at least for a short while after decades of decline? Why?

Take a look at our thriving car industry, not the Trade Unions in the shape of the likes of Red Robbo are no more. Ok, it may no linger be British owned, thanks to the unions, but at least lots of people have good jobs within it.

Also, very few parts of Britain are blighted by mining, and the mess and anti-social existence associated with it. She made a fantastic job of modernising this country.

Spot on.......and as we all know we are still paying the price for years of Labour policies , have never known it to be as grim as this ...after all the nation voted Labour out on a scale never seen .....

LAMBRETTA MAN

Feb 5, 2012
She created a generation of money-grabbing, greedy, selfish, "look how much my house is worth", yuppy, tossers!

I take it you have never wanted to better yourself and if you ever did would just give it all away to those less fortunate as you ......like f**k

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

Why not just f*** off to a third world country if that is how you feel, you should feel right at home in a swamp? Have you noticed how the former communists are the worst at being like that? It is only those who wish they had the brains to enjoy the lifestyle that look through the window of envy.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I agree that they background picture has not been thought through, and the punctuation is bad.
But, the message is valid. Unless you want to live in a censored society.

Fact remains, Thatcher f***ed up everything for a whole generation and beyond.

Did she? Did she really? Wow, I never realised how she ruined my life and that of my sons. :ffsparr:

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
One thing I hate about twitter is when the rumours of her dead surface every now and then, they are not made up, just people hearing something and wrongly forwarding it on, the bad bit is when people start talking about the parties they are going to have and their wish to dance on her grave etc. I am a fan of her and I do have a signed picture of her on my wall but aside from that, the is an old lady now in very bad health who did what she did because she and over the half the country thought it was the right thing to do, twice she was voted back so she could do more, that's the way democracy works.
Please say you did not agree with her and feel she did not do the right thing if that's what you feel but please also show some respect.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
One thing I hate about twitter is when the rumours of her dead surface every now and then, they are not made up, just people hearing something and wrongly forwarding it on, the bad bit is when people start talking about the parties they are going to have and their wish to dance on her grave etc. I am a fan of her and I do have a signed picture of her on my wall but aside from that, the is an old lady now in very bad health who did what she did because she and over the half the country thought it was the right thing to do, twice she was voted back so she could do more, that's the way democracy works.
Please say you did not agree with her and feel she did not do the right thing if that's what you feel but please also show some respect.

I agree with you about a lack of respect.

In fairness, I was never a big fan of her as a person, but she had a good Cabinet and ran a solid government, before the in-fighting started. If only we had kept her momentum going, we would not be in this shit that "New" Labour have created!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So you are unhappy she put the Great back into Great Britain

Come on, the empire is over and we're just a little island now. Our economy is better than Italy's though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Getting back on topic they are rather fetching and with a nice message. I'm not a huge fan of slogan or logo t-shirts but one does have to give credit when it is due.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
But the design is terrible. The slogan is far too wordy and makes no sense because of the punctuation - what is wrong with people who make and repair thatched roofs? and would everyone even know who it refers to given that she left office over 20 years ago.

Personaly I couldn't stand the woman, but she has been consigned to history (although she probably can't remember much of it these days). I have better things to do than winge about some ex politician.

I would have thought the Trade union movement would have better and more up to date issues with the current Eton old-boys reunion.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I'm showing as much respect as I can muster. Trust me, I could be a lot worse.

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
One of the myths about Maggie is that she slaughtered manufacturing,the figures show that under her government manufacturing fell from25.8% to22.5% under Blair and Brown it fell from over 20% to12.4%.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here