Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thatcher T-Shirts Sold in Brighton...

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Seems a shame that the TUC such an important body for the workers in this country with major battles to fight in 2012 instead choose to fight the same battle, against the same enemy that they lost over 40 years ago.
Maggie would have chewed up Bob Crow and spat out the bits.

D

Deleted User X18H

i agree that they background picture has not been thought through, and the punctuation is bad.
But, the message is valid. Unless you want to live in a censored society.

Fact remains, thatcher f***ed up everything for a whole generation and beyond.

so you are unhappy she put the great back into great britain, at least for a short while after decades of decline? Why?

Take a look at our thriving car industry, not the trade unions in the shape of the likes of red robbo are no more. Ok, it may no linger be british owned, thanks to the unions, but at least lots of people have good jobs within it.

Also, very few parts of britain are blighted by mining, and the mess and anti-social existence associated with it. She made a fantastic job of modernising this country.

spot on.......and as we all know we are still paying the price for years of labour policies , have never known it to be as grim as this ...after all the nation voted labour out on a scale never seen .....

i take it you have never wanted to better yourself and if you ever did would just give it all away to those less fortunate as you ......like f**k

why not just f*** off to a third world country if that is how you feel, you should feel right at home in a swamp? Have you noticed how the former communists are the worst at being like that? it is only those who wish they had the brains to enjoy the lifestyle that look through the window of envy.

t-h-i-s

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham
Love the Fankie Boyle response to Thatcher's state funeral cost:

"3 million for Thatcher's state funeral? You could use that to buy a shovel for everyone in Scotland and we'll dig a hole so deep you could hand her over to Satan himself"

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
From what I remember the late 1970s and early 1980s were not paradise on earth.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
"Furious Conservative MPs have demanded that Ed Miliband disassociates the Labour party with the TUC. Last year, the Labour leader was embarrassed as he posed with a Labour councillor who was wearing the t-shirt."

Trouble is he can't - they keep the Labour Party solvent

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Well, like I said earlier, everyone's entitled to their own opinion. I, however, can't stand the woman!

Yes so you've said throughout the thread!

Personallly, I think New Labour have left us in a bigger mess and the current government apppear clueless how to resolve it.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I've got a very strong sense of Deja Vu: Isn't it amazing how strongly one can feel that one has seen all these arguments before. .... and even from the same people.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Whilst it may be distasteful, it is equally distasteful for the Trade Unions to attempt to take advantage of the biggest recession for 80 years to attempt to gain some advantage whilst the majority of the UK population have to grin and bear it !

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
A sad insight into the TUC thinking these days, way out of touch with reality of work and what happens these days.

Probably also why so many chose not to join a union these days as well.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Love the Fankie Boyle response to Thatcher's state funeral cost:

"3 million for Thatcher's state funeral? You could use that to buy a shovel for everyone in Scotland and we'll dig a hole so deep you could hand her over to Satan himself"

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

I would dance on Boyle's grave, odious little prick.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
A sad insight into the TUC thinking these days, way out of touch with reality of work and what happens these days.

Probably also why so many chose not to join a union these days as well.

You've got that right BH.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Did I read correctly that the TUC are advocating a general strike ?

If that is the case I may well leave my union which I only stay in as an insurance premium in effect in case anything goes tits up. I also understand the level headed TUC voted for unanimous Railway Re-nationalisation - bloody idiots.

To be fair to Blair one thing he realised very early on was that they were no longer really the cut and thrust of labour anymore and ditched them at the right time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here