Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thatcher T-Shirts Sold in Brighton...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Shut the site down or "ban the fuckers for life", because they don't share your views? Isn't that exactly what Thatcher did to the unions?

Are you really that stupid? I said it explicitly, to try and help the dim-headed types such as yourself, I'm no Tory. I'm no Thatcher fan.

However I have no desire for a site that I've poured a ridiculous amount of time into to be used as a vehicle for hate, bile and celebration of death. Sorry about that.

(But, frankly, if I wanted to shut the site down and/or ban people then I will. Because it's my site. I don't, but I could.)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If you are this cross about something in advance that may or may not happen it might be best to take a holiday should it happen and leave it to the others.

I'm not cross.

As above, I don't spend hours on this site to allow others to revel in the death of others. Every time the Thatcher debate appears, it crosses my mind how nasty it's going to be on here when she does pass away.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Are you really that stupid? I said it explicitly, to try and help the dim-headed types such as yourself, I'm no Tory. I'm no Thatcher fan.

However I have no desire for a site that I've poured a ridiculous amount of time into to be used as a vehicle for hate, bile and celebration of death. Sorry about that.

(But, frankly, if I wanted to shut the site down and/or ban people then I will. Because it's my site. I don't, but I could.)

did you used to take your cricket ball home if you were out first ball?

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither

It is your site - but it is only the place it is because lots of different types of people keep coming back. And you know that can be a fragile flower.

And the time and effort you put is is much appreciated.

For the record I would have banned a lot more than you and taken a far less laissez-faire attitude. And it would have about 10 posters.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Do you honestly think she would have been re-elected if the Argies hadn't invaded the Falklands?
That would just be speculation, no one will ever know.
Actually, most people voted for parties other than hers in 1979, 1983 and 1987, so it's bit of a leap to say the majority of people think she did a good job.
But not as much of a leap to suggest it's a fact the she f***ed everything up:
Fact remains, Thatcher f***ed up everything for a whole generation and beyond.

I genuinely fear for this site when the inevitable does happen to Thatcher. It's clear that some of the frothing-mouthed crew from the left, many of whom are bizarrely hypocritical under scrutiny, will not be able to resist indulging in pretty bad taste stuff. It might be better to just shut the site down for a few days - not out of respect - but to stop NSC being host to their hate and bile. Or I could just ban the fuckers for life.
As you did with the news scandal on our players, just have clear rules. Are the posters on this board allowed to celebrate the death of people, and if so, which ones are fair game and what's allowed. So, foreign dictators tend to be fair game. Convicted murderers are probably also fair game (therefore that wouldn't include TB). Is everyone else fair game or not. Make a rule and stick to it.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I agree that they background picture has not been thought through, and the punctuation is bad.
But, the message is valid. Unless you want to live in a censored society.

Fact remains, Thatcher f***ed up everything for a whole generation and beyond.
I take it you slept through the Blair/Brown years then? Not noticing the total balls up they presided over.?

Camicus

Mrs T is still a massively divisive character. A lot of things are her fault lack of social housing, the privatization of our services, the complete mess the north of the country still is. Like clapham seagull I also was educated under Thatcher and it was shite and no amount of rose tinted specs will change that, Its also true that shes a old woman who is seriously ill so its pointless hating on her. But just because you like her you shouldn't keep slagging down the unions because without them you wouldn't have sick pay holidays employment contracts or even a 5 day working week

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

This is your site mate and if you don't want it to become a binfest of sad fucks celebrating the death of an elderly Woman that is absolutely your choice and I applaud you for that.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Mrs T is still a massively divisive character. A lot of things are her fault lack of social housing, the privatization of our services, the complete mess the north of the country still is. Like clapham seagull I also was educated under Thatcher and it was shite and no amount of rose tinted specs will change that, Its also true that shes a old woman who is seriously ill so its pointless hating on her. But just because you like her you shouldn't keep slagging down the unions because without them you wouldn't have sick pay holidays employment contracts or even a 5 day working week

interesting points but remember how this thread started.............with the unions vile T shirt about Mrs T

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
If a palace player died or Sellhurst went up in flames like Bradford did and people on here started celebrating I would expect Bozza to ban them, in the way Vulture got a ban I beleive for wishing a Brighton player dead.

I see no inconsistentcy here, and say with celebrating the death of those whos hands are drenched in blood, dictators, Bin Laden or Myra Hindley. Of course there are grey areas like the thread about the nonce that got killed in prison. But its generally clear cut beyond cheap accusations of hypocracy or being over zealous.

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
I would suggest that any "hate" or "bile" concerning the death of Margaret Thatcher will be a mere piss in the ocean compared to when Archer/Stanley/Bellotti die.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here