Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thatcher T-Shirts Sold in Brighton...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
And under a Labour government you wouldn't have learnt that?

No you would not.

If you can see the types of totally uneducated people now leaving school, clueless about how to even write an email and yet a graduate.

A grand example is Junior my son, I or Mrs Hut have completed every job application so far as he was not taught this at either school or college.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
No you would not.

If you can see the types of totally uneducated people now leaving school, clueless about how to even write an email and yet a graduate.

A grand example is Junior my son, I or Mrs Hut have completed every job application so far as he was not taught this at either school or college.

Neither was I. Educated under the Tories !

No time for this "golden age" of education under the Tories. I was subjected to the first year of GCSEs and who introduced them ?

I would rather have learnt Latin and the Kings and Queens but unfortunately it was all "empathy" with 17th century mud eating peasants. I've got the Tories to thank for that. Cheers Maggie.

Last edited:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Cleverly would have scored there under a labour government.

Last edited:

Castello

Castello
May 28, 2009
Tottenham
Seems a shame that the TUC such an important body for the workers in this country with major battles to fight in 2012 instead choose to fight the same battle, against the same enemy that they lost over 40 years ago.
Maggie would have chewed up Bob Crow and spat out the bits.

I would point out that its not the TUC that is selling the t shirts but Derbyshire unemployed workers centre, presumably from a stall at the TUC. The TUC does indeed have far more important things to worry about that what is being sold from one of the stalls in the lobby.

Personally, as much as I agree with the hatred for a woman who called people like me the enemy within, I find the T shirt a bit to obvious. It does give me a chance however to wheel out the old classic:

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

now that's far more tasteful. :)

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Hate the f***ing woman, and what she did to this country.
You simply have no idea what she did for this country....she broke the power of the unions who held this country to ransom.... she managed to let ordinary people buy their houses. not all she did was right but overall she took this country out of it's lethergic outlook when the car factories were shut down,people not being buried,rubbish not being collected ....all so union barons could flex their muscles...do you think that while these union men were on strike...That Red Rob,Scargill were living off the same wage as their members. Next you'll be rejoicing this winter when they go on strike again....Great mentality....'I know,lets protest against the government cuts,we can go on strike so producion falls...so there has to be more cuts.....unions are dinosaurs....I was a union member in the 70s ...not because I wanted to be....but because if you were not a member you did'nt get the job....in other words blackmailed into joining.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
Under Thatcher I learnt that it was my responsibility to:
get a good education and as many qualifications as i could Under Labour: every college, tech, internet cafe becomes a University. Everyone can have a degree. But guess what? Degrees became worthless.
get a job, work hard and stay there until I could find something better. Under Labour: join a union and go on strike
provide for my family Under Labour: by maxing out on benefits rather than going to work
buy what I could afford to buy (and not buy everything I wanted) Under Labour: it is your god given right to go into debt. That goes for the country too.
pay my debts Why?
pay my taxes All the Jimmy Carr loopholes were there under Labour but they made no attempt to close them
manage my finances Like labour did with the County's
save Borrow more
get on the property ladder as soon as i could Yes, Labour and the Tories were at one on this
and.......be proud of where I come from and where I live Too right wing to be proud of your country let alone your roots

good lessons that have stuck with me.

I might add I voted for Tony Blair but never again ( he's not an MP anymore)

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
Me also. And, let's be clear, although my politics are probably right of centre I'm no staunch Tory man or Thatcher fan.

I genuinely fear for this site when the inevitable does happen to Thatcher. It's clear that some of the frothing-mouthed crew from the left, many of whom are bizarrely hypocritical under scrutiny, will not be able to resist indulging in pretty bad taste stuff. It might be better to just shut the site down for a few days - not out of respect - but to stop NSC being host to their hate and bile. Or I could just ban the fuckers for life.

Shut the site down or "ban the fuckers for life", because they don't share your views? Isn't that exactly what Thatcher did to the unions?

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Shame that all those people, who seem to be about 85% of the country, couldn't mobilise enough to stop her getting in a 2nd time (Con: 389 seats, Lab: 209 seats).

Or a 3rd, come to that (Con: 376 seats, Lab: 229 seats).

The fact is, nomatter how much the rabid frothing-mouthed loony lefts like to pretend otherwise, Thatcher and her Conservative government were far from universally unpopular. I can understand it suits your Jackanory version of the 80s to say she was, but you are very, very wrong.

its a fault of our terrible election system -
10 people vote for conservative,
9 people vote for labour,
7 people vote for Liberal
2 peopel vote for Greens

18 voted against the winner - not really all that fair or representative is it?

Castello

Castello
May 28, 2009
Tottenham
I was a Thatcher 'Right Wing' Tory in the 80's and 90's but for many years I was also a Union Rep, it's very possible to be both, sadly many unions and their bosses feel they have to take it too far.

In fairness although I don't share the views of the tories, I wasn't attacking them. Merely the view that trade unionists are scum. You may not agree with some of the trade union leaders, but as a fellow trade unionist I'm sure we can agree we do have an important role to play in society, in ensuring workers get a decent living wage and are treated with respect, whether we be an ordinary member or General secretary of Unite. Calling us scum is offensive and closed minded.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I genuinely fear for this site when the inevitable does happen to Thatcher. It's clear that some of the frothing-mouthed crew from the left, many of whom are bizarrely hypocritical under scrutiny, will not be able to resist indulging in pretty bad taste stuff. It might be better to just shut the site down for a few days - not out of respect - but to stop NSC being host to their hate and bile. Or I could just ban the fuckers for life.

If you are this cross about something in advance that may or may not happen it might be best to take a holiday should it happen and leave it to the others.

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
They didn't go on bribing the voters! You really think the British public are that stupid?

Very good. That was where the money, in your opinion, didn't go. Do you care to actually answer the question of where the money did go then?

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
In fairness although I don't share the views of the tories, I wasn't attacking them. Merely the view that trade unionists are scum. You may not agree with some of the trade union leaders, but as a fellow trade unionist I'm sure we can agree we do have an important role to play in society, in ensuring workers get a decent living wage and are treated with respect, whether we be an ordinary member or General secretary of Unite. Calling us scum is offensive and closed minded.

Yes I should not have quoted your post in my reply, it was more a general point, sorry for that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here