Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That Word "SPASTIC"

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: That Word "SPASTIC"

Beach Hut said:
Err....that is London Irish

I think LI's political leanings veer somewhat towards the centre, he likes Christopher Hitchins for gods sake what self respecting leftie would admit to that these days?!?

....on a separate note, great thread!!

Some great bitching, James picking on Laura cos she called him a minger on NSP. More self righteous twaddle from Yorkie. Beach Hut acting like a sensitive little girl.....and more tosh from the Tipple's.

Only on NSC aye x

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: That Word "SPASTIC"

dwayne said:
Beach Hut acting like a sensitive little girl.....and more tosh from the Tipple's.

Only on NSC aye x

Why thank you.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
hans kraay fan club said:
You'll love my mate's story from last weekend.

He was chatting up pretty girl for a while, and things looked promising, until he said to her "By the way, have you just had your tongue pierced, cos you talk funny?

She says "I'm deaf you bastard" slaps him and empties his Stella over his head, then tells the bouncer who chucks him out!

Oops. Bit harsh on the guy. Hearing aids are so small now that it is difficult to tell. Bit more self restraint needed young lady!

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I do find it interesting that posters on here that can be quite foul mouthed and insensitive at times get so highly offended when something is said that relates to themselves.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
It's all about context of how the word is used. These days it is mostly used as a derogative term, and any word used in that manner and in that context is offensive. Whereas I'm from a generation where the charity was called "The Spastic Society" and as Lord B stated on page 1, it has a medical definition as well.

It's not the word, it's the context in which it's used, IMHO.

DanielT

I am deaf and wear hearing aids. I dont take offence to various words that are thrown about (not because I don't hear them:lolol: )

If people are happy using these words then I couldn't care less. If they want to be irreverent human beings then it is up to them. There is no point arguing with an idiot, as they bring you down to their level.

I was the subject of abuse during a hockey game at Uni, playing against our 2nd XI in the league. They had not lost for 2 years and they were playing the 4th XI (my team) with beer guts galore. The keeper was making comments all throughout the match and it spurred me on. I scored, we won and then I shook his hand at the end of the game. It took a lot of self control, but I wanted to prove than just beacuse you have a defect, doesnt make you strange or non-human.

I prefer to talk about these things, rather than avoid the subject. I guess I am going on a little so.......

I'm not convinced any name calling was due to your disability though

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
I got a 3 month ban for calling someone one on NSC. Well OTT in my opinion

The Convict

Jan 20, 2013
As a parent of a special needs kid, I think 'Mong' is far more appropriate:nono: :down:

As I AM A PARENT OF A SPECIAL NEEDS CHILD I f***ing DARE YOU TO COME SAY THAT TO HER IN MY PRESENCE YOU f***ing PRICK !!!!

See if you walk away or whether you'd need 24 hour care for the rest of your pathetic life, :wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::shootself

The Convict

Jan 20, 2013
I do find it interesting that posters on here that can be quite foul mouthed and insensitive at times get so highly offended when something is said that relates to themselves.

It's because they can give it while hiding away but can't take it or it hits a nerve, For instance if you said the posters wife was a promiscuous slut then it would hit a nerve, but if you called her a loyal normal woman then he'd brush it off as he knows it to be untrue !

As I AM A PARENT OF A SPECIAL NEEDS CHILD I f***ing DARE YOU TO COME SAY THAT TO HER IN MY PRESENCE YOU f***ing PRICK !!!!

See if you walk away or whether you'd need 24 hour care for the rest of your pathetic life, :wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::shootself

You are strange.

One thread you defend the songs accusing Dave Jones of paedophillia and on this one threatening someone with assault for using the word mong.

The Convict

Jan 20, 2013
Originally posted by The Clown of Pevensey Bay
No, it's called Scope now. Because too many people were using the word "spastic" as an insult.

So when did the name change ?

And does SCOPE mean something ?

Scope started life as the Spastics Society in 1952 and the name was changed in 1994. The letters in Scope don’t stand for anything; the name was chosen from over 400 possible names put forward.
Disability charity Scope works with disabled people, of all ages, and their families, across England and Wales giving much needed assistance advice to disabled people and their carers !
So why don't you learn something and log onto Disability Charity - Disabled People - Scope UK that way you could probably abuse and ridicule more accurately and hurtfully the people less fortunate than yourselves (though judging by the absolutely degrading and disgusting posts some of you have made, I doubt it)
And while you are next at The Amex why not go up to the many wheelchair bound fans and their carers and ridicule them to their face? NO !!! Thought not you gutless bastards, They have more guts, more humanity and a damn site more self respect compassion and decency in their shit than all of you so called Brighton and Hove Albion fans put together,
you sicken me and I am ashamed to have you follow a great club such as ours

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here