Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That Treacle (pardon the pun) who threw green custard over Mandelson has been ...

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Prevention of Terrorism Act or some other heavy handed piece of legislation no doubt.

D

Deleted User X18H

Mandelson said he thought his partner had been overdosing on sprouts!!!

(Think about it)

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Prevention of Terrorism Act or some other heavy handed piece of legislation no doubt.

Are you stupid or what? It is simple assault. You can't go around throwing stuff in peoples faces whether it's for a laugh or for political gain. Can't believe she wasn't arrested at the scene.

The stupid bint was spouting on about the end of democracy as they railroaded through the third runway and said the majority of people don't want it. Well pardon me but I don't remember voting on it so how does she know it's the majority.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Probably just a public order offence, I'd have thought. Threatening, abusive or insulting behaviour, or disorderly behaviour, within hearing or sight of a person likely to be caused harassment, alarm or distress. She won't have much of a legal defence to that under the circumstances, unless Mandelson declares he wasn't remotely bothered.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Are you stupid or what? It is simple assault. You can't go around throwing stuff in peoples faces whether it's for a laugh or for political gain. Can't believe she wasn't arrested at the scene.

The stupid bint was spouting on about the end of democracy as they railroaded through the third runway and said the majority of people don't want it. Well pardon me but I don't remember voting on it so how does she know it's the majority.

I just think the plod have got more on their plate than a bit of custard throwing. No one was hurt. At most someone was mildly inconvenienced. Please get real.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I just think the plod have got more on their plate than a bit of custard throwing. No one was hurt. At most someone was mildly inconvenienced. Please get real.

I'm sure something will happen as a result, purely because they won't want every protestor in the country thinking they've been given the green light to go round chucking stuff at any politician or public figure they feel like.

It would set a precedent if the CPS ignored it, so I'm fairly convinced she'll be prosecuted. Which she won't mind at all, of course, as it's all more publicity for the cause.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm sure something will happen as a result, purely because they won't want every protestor in the country thinking they've been given the green light to go round chucking stuff at any politician or public figure they feel like.

It would set a precedent if the CPS ignored it, so I'm fairly convinced she'll be prosecuted. Which she won't mind at all, of course, as it's all more publicity for the cause.

Actually, while you're on-line maybe you can answer a question which arose out of a discussion regarding filming of fans/protesters etc. If I chose to walk down the road wearing a balaclava......what would happen if a police office caught site of me?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Actually, while you're on-line maybe you can answer a question which arose out of a discussion regarding filming of fans/protesters etc. If I chose to walk down the road wearing a balaclava......what would happen if a police office caught site of me?

Well it would depend entirely on the circumstances.

Not a lot normally, I'd have thought, say if you were on your way to Tesco, and it was cold out! You might attract more attention if you were in a sensitive area, say an international airport, or somewhere known to be a terrorist target. Or if you were en route to a known protest- then they might turn you back in some circumstances. There are certain circumstances under which people can be forced to remove anything which might constitute a disguise- ie scarves, bandanas, balaclavas, anything used to conceal the face- but this is not a general power, and has to be authorised by an officer of suitable rank, for a fixed period of time, in a specific location. It only really gets invoked where there is or is likely to be serious disorder going on, or some kind of threat to the general order of things- protests, riots, that kind of thing.

If you were thinking of a football game specifically, then that's a different matter. A football ground is a private premises, and thus the club may impose any condition of entry they see fit, such as demanding ID, requiring you to remove a balaclava before letting you in, or simply refusing you admittance.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well it would depend entirely on the circumstances.

Not a lot normally, I'd have thought, say if you were on your way to Tesco, and it was cold out! You might attract more attention if you were in a sensitive area, say an international airport, or somewhere known to be a terrorist target. Or if you were en route to a known protest- then they might turn you back in some circumstances. There are certain circumstances under which people can be forced to remove anything which might constitute a disguise- ie scarves, bandanas, balaclavas, anything used to conceal the face- but this is not a general power, and has to be authorised by an officer of suitable rank, for a fixed period of time, in a specific location. It only really gets invoked where there is or is likely to be serious disorder going on, or some kind of threat to the general order of things- protests, riots, that kind of thing.

If you were thinking of a football game specifically, then that's a different matter. A football ground is a private premises, and thus the club may impose any condition of entry they see fit, such as demanding ID, requiring you to remove a balaclava before letting you in, or simply refusing you admittance.

I normally hide my face if I'm going to Aldi but I'm not too worried about Tesco.

Thanks for the answer. It's laugh a minute down the pub with me.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

franks brother

The woman is an attention seeking media whore

Ms Deen was arrested in 2005 after she climbed up a 150ft crane in Edinburgh to draw attention to third world debt and government aid policies during the G8 summit at Gleneagles

Seems she'll jump on any old bandwaggon that get her some attention.

How much carbon did she use to make this custard ? It would have taken electricity, not to mention the transoprtation of custard powder - and the methane produced by the dairy cow and associated carbon used to transport feed to the cow and milk to the store.

She should have used rainwater.

Could you imagine if she'd tried that shit in the USA, they'd have shot the silly bitch, and quite right too.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
I thought Mandy made the good point about her..

"She didn't explain what she was protesting about, she was too busy throwing custard over me".

Sums those people up in my opinion, like Franks Brother says, its all about stunts and bandwagons as opposed to putting forward their message.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It was a very effective stunt. She walked away from the scene having completely changed the media agenda, putting her issue on the front pages of the nation's press.

For my part the women made me laugh and it just shows Birds still have the best custard.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
I would have a lot more respect for Mandy if he'd have done a Prescott and punched the bints lights out!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Although it WAS railroaded through as the government were too scared to allow parliment to vote on it. The day the government prevent parliment to vote on matters is the day democracy died ( and it has already ). The MPs are there to allow us to be represented. This right was denied in the third runway debate and so, rightly or wrongly, protesters have started to take direct action.

I find it a little strange that a majority on here probably don't agree with this lady's actions but would completely agree with direct action ( legal or illegal ) to save BHA such as pitch invasions etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here