Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That TinTin cartoon film thing looks shit

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Make that FOUR.

Just got back and my two (10 & 9) really enjoyed and to be honest, so did I.

It's no arthouse classic for Nibble and his crew of film snobs but ultimately who gives a shit.

Animation & 3D was superb.

Go and see it.

:thumbsup:

Add another to the list, saw it yesterday with son (8), mrs and mother in law - all of us enjoyed it

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I saw it yesterday, (with 8 and 6) they liked it, I thought it dragged, 3d added nothing.
Not as good as Jonny English

Marcus

Jan 2, 2011
Hastings
Guardian gave it 2 stars, the Sun gave it 3. I'm not normally one for going by film reviews, but I'll give this one a miss.

Yeah, I never listen to reviewers, they know jack sh*t most of the time. I only ever listened to Siskel and Ebert for a critics opinion.

I can sense this being as bad as the 2003 "Thunderbirds" film though, so I'm giving it a miss.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Have a great day everyone. :thumbsup:

Zamoracomehome

Apr 12, 2010
Hove
I can sense this being as bad as the 2003 "Thunderbirds" film though, so I'm giving it a miss.

I hope this is a joke?!? Saw Tintin last week and thought it was great...was brought up reading all the books, and it offers something for the old fans and new fans alike. Kids were loving it when I saw it. It was a wonderful adventure movie, a homage to Spielberg's work on Indiana Jones. Sure, there were some flaws, Snowy wasn't as expressive as he is in books, and Tintin as a character is flawed too, but altogether, good fun. 8.2 out of 10!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
So everyone who has actually SEEN IT , thinks it is great but according to 90% of NSC who HAVE NOT seen it, it is shit. Yep, par for the course. Nibble, you obviously posted this thread to get a bite but you know what, I can't be bothered. Your glittering career in films and your immense talent is no match for Spielberg so you win. Well done.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Going to see it in Crawley on Tuesday before heading up to Watford.
Have been waiting ages for it to come out, and as TMLS has mentioned Steven Moffatt has been involved aswell so its going to be great!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I was going to go this afternoon but as Nibble reckons its shit I probably won't bother now.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I will be reviewing it, early evening.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
How dare you slag off one of the three famous Belgians ? (Trouble only one of them is actually real).

This famous Belgians business is a load of bollocks. Off the top of my head I can name a dozen of them. The real tricky ones are famous Serbs. Or Portuguese. Or Croats ... without mentioning any footballers.

The response to Tintin seems to be on par with most kids films. I go to a lot with my kids and when I check out the reviews on IMDB, they always seem to be negative. Yet when I actually go to the films, they're perfectly OK and the kids (the target audience) seem to love them.

I'm sure when Nibble was 8 or 9, he was going to Eisenstein or Ozu all-dayers but Tintin hit the spot for me when I was 8 and I'm sure my kids will love it.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
So. Typical NSC, only three of us on this thread have seen it and universally given it the thumbs up. All the other posters say it's crap.

Wrong we said it looks crap. Big difference. Why would we bother going to see something that we think is gonna be toss?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I think the problem is that occasionally people on here have an opinion that doesn't always coincide with the "My kids this, my kids that" .I couldn't give a tinkers f*** if your kid's liked it. It looks like a twatfest to me.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Saw it this afternoon. An absolute triumph of MoCap CGI. Wonderfully imagined and realised to the finest detail. Still fell asleep.

That said, the cinema was very hot and I was carrying a mild hangover.

Couldn't quite work out the family that brought their under 1 year old daughter who gurgled, cried and 'chatted' all the way through it so they had to take turns to take her outside. And then there was the group that spoke very loudly a lot.

Will wait for the DVD to have another view.

PS - one adult, two kids - £26. And it wasn't the 3D version. My old man would be turning in his grave. If we hadn't had him cremated.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I will be reviewing it, early evening.
Blooming kids ones been a git, so wasn't going, the other crashed out for a hour (never a good sign).
So the stat's will not be seeing TinTin, that'll teach me to prepay non refundable tickets, while they are charging around like loonies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here