Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That TinTin cartoon film thing looks shit

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
So. Typical NSC, only three of us on this thread have seen it and universally given it the thumbs up. All the other posters say it's crap.

Devon Seagull

Sep 25, 2004
South Devon
Watched Tin Tin yesterday with my two boys and their cousins. I thought it was O.Kish but the kids aged 9-12 really enjoyed it especially the 3d effect. I'd imagine if you were 18 and went with a group of mates you would find it pretty rubbish!

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Some of his earlier films were bad too though-
The Colour Purple
Empire of The Sun
Hook
And the worst of all- Always.
Your opinion on Empire of the Sun...but to many it was a great film...based on a true story and showed what happened in China on the Japanese invasion...each to their own though. Tin Tin was a cartoon strip ,remember seeing it just after the war in the Christmas albums but as I say.....Each to their own!!

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Saw this Wednesday with my 7 year old boy. It is not shit yes the plot is predictable and certainly does not use too many brain cells but the animation is awesome and the film is entertaining the boy absolutely loved it so get off the high horse and chill out it hits the right notes if your expectations are right.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
So. Typical NSC, only three of us on this thread have seen it and universally given it the thumbs up. All the other posters say it's crap.

Make that FOUR.

Just got back and my two (10 & 9) really enjoyed and to be honest, so did I.

It's no arthouse classic for Nibble and his crew of film snobs but ultimately who gives a shit.

Animation & 3D was superb.

Go and see it.

:thumbsup:

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
I watched for the first time in years a disturbing south park last night regarding speilberg im amazed he has not sued them

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can those of you that have seen it give me an age review.
I'd like to take my 7 & 5 year olds, who AREN'T film savvy.

Listening to Kermode, last week, and Floyd and Boyd this week, all seemed to suggest the plot was convoluted, at best.

Would my little ones still enjoy it?

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Can those of you that have seen it give me an age review.
I'd like to take my 7 & 5 year olds, who AREN'T film savvy.

Listening to Kermode, last week, and Floyd and Boyd this week, all seemed to suggest the plot was convoluted, at best.

Would my little ones still enjoy it?

Yes they would.

There were plenty of little ones there today and they were laughing a lot.

It's just good fun - a mix of Indiana Jones and Prince of Persia - lots of action.

They will love it.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
The one about raping Indiana Jones?

He could try and sue, but he doesn't have a leg to stand on. He DID rape Indiana Jones

Dunno i never seen the new one but thought it was pretty grim viewing that was. Used to be funny.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Dunno i never seen the new one but thought it was pretty grim viewing that was. Used to be funny.

It is funny. It's just very VERY near the knuckle.

I thought the most recent episode (from Wednesday) was a great episode, and marked a return to form after some fairly weak episodes of late.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes they would.

There were plenty of little ones there today and they were laughing a lot.

It's just good fun - a mix of Indiana Jones and Prince of Persia - lots of action.

They will love it.
Cheers Hiney, all book for tomorrow because YOU SAID my children WILL enjoy it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here