Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That TinTin cartoon film thing looks shit

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Early indications are it's a piece of twat. Spielberg lost it years ago. How have I formed this opinion? Have I seen it? No. 'cos it looks shit.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Guardian gave it 2 stars, the Sun gave it 3. I'm not normally one for going by film reviews, but I'll give this one a miss.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
The last film he directed that I really enjoyed was Munich.
It has some pretty difficult to watch parts inc the famous 'death by bicycle pump converted into silencer' scene.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Munich I found a bit dull but certainly better than the arsewash he peddles these days. Warhorse looks like another mawkish piece of crap but will probably sweep the board at the oscars.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
The next Spielberg film worth WATCHING will be JP4.

"Clever girl..."
muldoon.gif

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Ha, yes, great film. Mind you I saw Indy 4 and that was a travesty.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Some of his earlier films were bad too though-
The Colour Purple
Empire of The Sun
Hook
And the worst of all- Always.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'll be gladly avoiding it. TinTin was always a shit cartoon in the first place and Spielberg spews out emotionless averageness on a yearly basis that simply shows he knows how to use machinery without having an understanding of how to structure any sort of layered sense of human complexity in his produce.
I'd recommend Miss Bala this weekend. Some cool action in that along with a mystery of the unspoken to it also. Low-budget, but with some excellent gunshot sounds pulsating in the background of Mexican drug wars.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Jnr. and I saw it last night in iMax 3D. We thought it was quite good. 7/10. Jnr. thinks 8/10.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
How dare you slag off one of the three famous Belgians ? (Trouble only one of them is actually real).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here