Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That Song. we Are The North Stand, The North Stand...

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
I thought they changed it from north stand to Brighton?
Anyway, the first few last night sounded good, lost it's way in the second half, so did the team.

Leave those kids alone.

I'm with you. A lot of pontificating about getting new songs for us happens on here, and a group have actually had a go at it.
That other 'lot' gave it some (after 80 mins mind..) but that happens with all away fans doesn't it?

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Did anybody hear any chants from Palace last night? I didn't hear them at all. I know I'm right at the back of the north but I thought I would have heard them sing at least once. Shocking showing considering they filled the end. Gilingham had a third of the fans Palace had and they made more noise.

Also if we are talking about songs to bin, I hope I never hear fellow Brighton fans sing about a f***ing Manure player ever ever again. It made me feel sick to hear the name E**c Cant**a sung by our fans.

Chrystal Palace

SJ's Fake Tan
Sep 6, 2009
Did anybody hear any chants from Palace last night? I didn't hear them at all. I know I'm right at the back of the north but I thought I would have heard them sing at least once. Shocking showing considering they filled the end. Gilingham had a third of the fans Palace had and they made more noise.
You really need your ears tested then mate.

Seagulls4life

Jul 30, 2010
Brighton
Why's that then, did you actually make ANY noise apart from the shouts when you scored. No, not a f***ing dicky bird. Atrocious support, we were embarrassed by our players last night but you should be embarrassed by your fans efforts to sing.

Have to agree with you!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I think a lot of the anti bridage for this song hae jumped on a band wagon to berate anything that is done by our 'ultras' and the negativity about this song has little or nothing to do with the actual song in this case. They think that the idea of 'Ultras' are an embarrassment and refuse to join in on principal. If someone had started it at a game rather than suggesting it on the internet and no-one knew or cared that Palace started singing a crappier version of it before we did (think you will find all our songs bar GOSBTS were sung by other clubs first, maybe even Palace) I'd bet more people would happily join in and think it was a good song

The idea was to have the north stand as a singing area reminiscent of the old Goldstone north stand so it completely baffles and amazes me that we have fans who sit in there who find singing embarrassing and refuse to join in, why did they chose that stand then?

If fans didn't like how the song in question starts (we are the north stand, the north stand ...) why not come up with a better opening to it and try it out? The Wooah -Wooah- wooah and The sea, the sea, the sea parts happen to sound good as there are far more fans joining in with it plus on the odd occasion when there are enough fans joining in with the rest for the words and singing the whole thing together for it to be audible from the other end of the ground it sounds really good.

The excuse that 'we don't know the word yet is' a bit feeble imo, but agreed it needs to include everyone and not just one stand as that limits how well it sounds. If the whole ground sang it together it would be amazing but won't happen because some fans seem to have a i'm not joining in with the fun because i'd rather be miserable and moan and groan attitude.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

Also if we are talking about songs to bin, I hope I never hear fellow Brighton fans sing about a f***ing Manure player ever ever again. It made me feel sick to hear the name E**c Cant**a sung by our fans.

I was at the Away end of the WSU and hardly heard a thing from them until they scored their first - they were very quite compared to Liverpool and especially Leeds, maybe they were singing earlier than that but they were being drowned out by our fans singing?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
How come all the focus is on the North Stand? I appreciate it should be the loudest, but the WSU are always telling us they're the loudest, so why does this change for the Palace game? Didn't hear too much from the 'Gods' yesterday ffs

I think that for whatever reason, sound does not travel well in the Amex. The north stand holds 2500 fans, the away end holds 2500 fans, it is normally away fans who sing longest and loudest at any match.

Maybe it is time to abandon the north stand concept. It is not THE north stand, but A north stand. THE north stand at the Goldstone was next to the away fans enclosure, not at the opposite end. Maybe it is time to relocate?

The WSU is ready to rock, especially at the away end. It is mostly populated by Goldstone northstanders who would really love to get the old atmosphere back.

Maybe next season we should encourage those who want a real atmosphere to relocate to the West Stand? Higher numbers equals more noise, closer proximity equals more effect over the away fans.

Plus its less distance to p***h them........joke!

Sent from between Susannah Reid's thighs via Tapadream.

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
I was at the Away end of the WSU and hardly heard a thing from them until they scored their first - they were very quite compared to Liverpool and especially Leeds, maybe they were singing earlier than that but they were being drowned out by our fans singing?
:D :D

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks

So you were basically right next to us and didnt hear us ? rightho

since we are being silly I didn't hear a single Brighton fan sing and not one of the west stand were wearing Brighton shirts, none of them not one..... oh and the pies were disgusting, I had to have 2 to be sure.
Best thing about the whole experience was how quickly I got to and from the park and ride, there was no traffic whatsoever.
And what surprised me most was how every single Brighton fan stayed right to the very end...

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Why don't the North Stand just change the words?

How can we expect to sing it properly and in time when the first line is inclusive to JUST the North Stand. Palace's version did sound brilliant last night. Why? Because they all sung it as it refers to Palace, not just one stand.

NSK, if you want everyone to stop berating you, change the lyrics to:

'We are Brighton, Brighton, Brighton, Brighton and Hove Albion, Hove Albion, Hove Albion, Hove Albion from Sussex etc.'

Then everyone (or at least the North Stand) could sing in time to it and it would sound bloody brilliant.

ive said the same elsewhere
this would work really well
and its clearly a song that alot of people are prepared to give an airing to - but stand specific lyrics are counter productive in this case

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

I thought in all honesty that Palace were loud at times, louder than Liverpool but quieter than Leeds. They disappointed me for a long stretch of the match, but then, so did our fans.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
You haven't been away then mate have you. At Leicester the whole away end was rocking to it....... At home nobody knows the words and the first line "We are the north stand" means its doomed to failure at the Amex in the East and West Stands

What difference does it make whether it's successful away? We're talking about a song that gets the whole of the Amex involved.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I think that for whatever reason, sound does not travel well in the Amex. The north stand holds 2500 fans, the away end holds 2500 fans, it is normally away fans who sing longest and loudest at any match.

Maybe it is time to abandon the north stand concept. It is not THE north stand, but A north stand. THE north stand at the Goldstone was next to the away fans enclosure, not at the opposite end. Maybe it is time to relocate?

The WSU is ready to rock, especially at the away end. It is mostly populated by Goldstone northstanders who would really love to get the old atmosphere back.

Maybe next season we should encourage those who want a real atmosphere to relocate to the West Stand? Higher numbers equals more noise, closer proximity equals more effect over the away fans.

Plus its less distance to p***h them........joke!

Sent from between Susannah Reid's thighs via Tapadream.

Stop the North Stand concept? Make the Amex quieter? Why?

Anyway the reason we couldn't hear Palace in the 1st half was the wall of noise from us! I could see their arms waving but heard nothing, they were simply drowned out. That's why we didn't hear them until we started to go quiet. Nothing wrong with the acoustics, it was just that their noise couldn't be heard.

NSK need to get more unique songs and need to envolve everyone. I don't mind the north song, but change it to Brighton and slow it down.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
dont mind the song tbh, but agreed palace sounded so so much better. slower, unified and in time with each other. gosbts got to slow down a bit too
Yeah, I've got nothing against the song itself, but do you think the reason Palace sing it better is because they've had Ultras for longer and they've taught them all to sing it properly? It's still new to us.

When all's said and done though whilst it's not a Palace song it IS a copy. Very disappointed the NSK haven't done "It's fun to play for the B and H A!" (YMCA) as I can't see any other set of fans wanting to copy that!

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Also start the song "We are the famous, Brighton, Brighton Brighton, Brighton and Hove Albion etc etc...

Starting slowly "We Are The Famous", let's everyone know what's coming and slows it down. If you just start singing Brighton Brighton Brighton from the off, people only join in half way through.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here