Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That Song. we Are The North Stand, The North Stand...

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
To say the North Stand didn't sing last night is utter bull shit, but I have to agree, please let's drop this song as it's shot and sung way too fast.
Maybe someone could come up with some words for Sos Cagon. That would sound great.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
So we're not talking about the song similar to 'right side, left side' here (I've just gathered). So, what tune is this to and what are the lyrics? I'm just curious!

WE ARE NORTH STAND, THE NORTH STAND THE NORTH STAND
THE NORTH STAND OF THE ALBION
THE ALBION THE ALBION
THE ALBION ARE FROM SUSSEX
SUSSEX SUSSEX
SUSSEX BY THE SEA SEA SEA
WOOHHAAAA

Needs to be sung less and slowed down, also somehow we need to co-odinate the east and west side of the north to sing as one in all songs.

FLAIRtastic

Aug 29, 2010
It's a f***ing disgrace.

Although I hate the scum, i hope all of the North Stand had a look at the way that song SHOULD be sung. We looked like f***ing monkeys with 15 singing it. Furthermore, it's too based on the North Stand. Without the West Stand singing as well the stadium cannot get an atmosphere so therefore it NEEDS to be more generalised if it would be a success. Still - it's shit.

cpfc123

Oct 31, 2010
Littlehampton
IT'S NOT A PALACE SONG, deary me.

Eagles was though. Also, although we didn't create the song in question, we bought it to the UK.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Eagles was though. Also, although we didn't create the song in question, we bought it to the UK.

Pretty sure Celtic had it way before.

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
If thats the last time we hear it at the AMEX at least one good thng has come out of the evening.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

I think Accrington Stanley and York City have a much earlier claim to it :lolol:

LABHA

Feb 9, 2009
Littlehampton,Wick actually
Majority of the "ultras" are kids/teens/parents( of what i have seen) only having fun at footy games,trying to get an atmosphere going,none of us will disagree with that,but,they dont like constructive critiscm,and who can blame them,they are only young,we were all that once.I agree the palace song is shite,many do,and the way its done,it is shite,there are plenty of old songs out there that can sound good,we aint spanish,italian,we an English club,stick to what we know,its been ok for years,try it.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
How come all the focus is on the North Stand? I appreciate it should be the loudest, but the WSU are always telling us they're the loudest, so why does this change for the Palace game? Didn't hear too much from the 'Gods' yesterday ffs

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Why don't the North Stand just change the words?

How can we expect to sing it properly and in time when the first line is inclusive to JUST the North Stand. Palace's version did sound brilliant last night. Why? Because they all sung it as it refers to Palace, not just one stand.

NSK, if you want everyone to stop berating you, change the lyrics to:

'We are Brighton, Brighton, Brighton, Brighton and Hove Albion, Hove Albion, Hove Albion, Hove Albion from Sussex etc.'

Then everyone (or at least the North Stand) could sing in time to it and it would sound bloody brilliant.

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
Honestly it's the worst song we sing i'm in the north stand and don't join in cause it's so f***ing shit. Brighton's always been quiet at home games yet very loud at away games doubt this will ever change

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven

How can we expect to sing it properly and in time when the first line is inclusive to JUST the North Stand. Palace's version did sound brilliant last night. Why? Because they all sung it as it refers to Palace, not just one stand.

'We are Brighton, Brighton, Brighton, Brighton and Hove Albion, Hove Albion, Hove Albion, Hove Albion from Sussex etc.'

Then everyone (or at least the North Stand) could sing in time to it and it would sound bloody brilliant.

Some do but the majority dont, there was even a 'Were the north stand and we will sing what we want' regards this song which had nothing todo with the nsk. If the west joined in with the above lyrics the North would follow I'm sure.

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009

Best idea.............just drop it.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
It's not really taking off is it? You'd be much better to get 'Gus Poyet's blue and white army' going and everyone will join in.

You haven't been away then mate have you. At Leicester the whole away end was rocking to it....... At home nobody knows the words and the first line "We are the north stand" means its doomed to failure at the Amex in the East and West Stands

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
better stop singing seagulls as well.

Agree with the point you're making I think there's a certain (if only very basic) wit to this and the idea ( although I never head it last night) makes me chuckle. Good song too I had the palace tune ringing through my head today haunting me about last night.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here