Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] That moment when it went in...........

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It was a fantastic moment in time, the very reason we all love football, however, we all woke up this morning back in the real world, no food on the shelves, no fuel at the pumps, blasted Brexit has left us all having to eat our own earwax… oh how I long to for days when we were in the bosom of the EU.

I hear you. Neal scored, I jumped in the air, hugged random strangers, shouted "****ING YEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH" at the top of my voice: and then I remembered the tragic, avoidable loss of life aboard the Titanic in 1912, and it took the wind right out of my sails, I can tell you.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
....that's why we go to football isn't it?

Fans going mad in the ground, fans at home screaming at their telly in joy or disbelief, shithousery from the players, kicking off everywhere, the LOOK on Zahaha's face and most of their fans' boats as well. Sky having to change every plan for their post game interviews at the very last second. Pure pantomime, pure atmosphere and it still feels pretty good now.

Plus it feels like a win. We'll go into the Arsenal game on a massive high now.

THAT is what I mean when I say that a lucky result in front of a packed stadium can sometimes be better than a good but fruitless performance in an empty one. THAT is why last season, for me, was so frustrating and m'eh. And, let's face it, if fans had been in the Amex last season for their game with us their lot would have done exactly the same while we would have emptied the stadium and sulked for months.

Football without the fans is nothing.

Last gasp goals always special but doing it at Smellhurst against the scum is close to total football.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
I've just noticed that the bloke taking that video is attempting to put off his own goalkeeper by shouting "wooooooooooo" as he goes to kick it.

Well anyway, job done. :clap2::clap2::clap2: :lolol:

The only thing that could have completed that video would be if one of our lot popped forward and nicked the Palace flag they are fluffing around with.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
From the annoyance of the keeper rolling around, wasting time and winning that free kick

to the scuffed clearance straight to Veltman

to the ball in the air and thinking "you know what? That's a decent pass"

to Maupay getting in ahead of the defenders

to the slow motion arc of the ball into the net

to the SCENES

to my mate in the pub deciding to go for a piss in the 94th minute. Hearing our cheers and coming back thinking we were winding him up.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
And when the dust has settled just sit down and think about the people who don't like football, is there really any other scenario where you can get that sort of release to scream and shout, leaping into the air and be totally consumed in that moment.

I had exactly this discussion with my darling when I had sat back down on the settee. What else is there than can make you leap out of your seat and act like you have just won an Olympic gold. And I was listening on SCR.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I’d kept a lid on it all of last night. My behaviour during lockdown had been over the top with shouting and swearing at the tv. So I said to the Mrs I’d do my best not to go OTT. I was fine with it all and kept a lid on it. I honestly had the controller in my hand ready to switch it off I didn’t want to see any of the Palace celebrations.

Then it went in. I must have been running round the house for a good minute and a half cheering and screaming calling Zaha and Palace a bunch of ***** then laughing my head off. The Mrs wasn’t even mad how could she be, she knew exactly what it meant.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Watching it again and again today and just laughing at it all - the celebrations, the players, Neal’s magnificent interview, that clip of Mr Tumble on the half-way line - just brilliant. Didn’t GP love it all too!

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
didnt realize i had paused the tv for 2mins as at 93 my phone buzzed for a goal maupay 95 ?
jeez

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
My stream was about a minute behind and had a mate text "wait for it" with no other context. I had no idea if it was us or them that scored or if it was a red card or what.

Me and my son was watching it on the TV (Stream), On 92nd min, I said "f8ck this, I'm turning it off". He said "you have to wait until the end, would you walk out early"? Fair point!

What i didn't know was we were about to score, he had had a txt from his friend at Smellhurst. When the goal went in, I woke my youngest daughter up with a swift "Keep the noise down, you've just woke up ******, coming from the other half, trying to sleep.

In that moment I didn't care and nothing else mattered.

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
It was a fantastic moment in time, the very reason we all love football, however, we all woke up this morning back in the real world, no food on the shelves, no fuel at the pumps, blasted Brexit has left us all having to eat our own earwax… oh how I long to for days when we were in the bosom of the EU.

How can you possibly equate a load of idiots filling their cars with 6 months worth of fuel for no good reason, and put it down to Brexit?

I think I will invent something then tell the media there's a shortage. I'll be rich in no time.
Bloody Sheeple.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Jumping up and down, hugging your son and every complete Albion Fan around you even though you haven't a clue who they are.
Jumping on the narrow wall to the side of us and giving it large to the home fans.
Then after 5 minutes you realise your not 18 years old anymore but a 63 year old Bloke, who needs his sons shoulder to get himself down again , but for those 5 minutes I was 18 years old again .
Memories for a life are made in those moments.

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Jumping up and down, hugging your son and every complete Albion Fan around you even though you haven't a clue who they are.
Jumping on the narrow wall to the side of us and giving it large to the home fans.
Then after 5 minutes you realise your not 18 years old anymore but a 63 year old Bloke, who needs his sons shoulder to get himself down again , but for those 5 minutes I was 18 years old again .

Absolutely this can’t bring myself to post video of how I reacted too embarrassed let’s just say we got carried away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
And when the dust has settled just sit down and think about the people who don't like football, is there really any other scenario where you can get that sort of release to scream and shout, leaping into the air and be totally consumed in that moment.

Absolutely this. Doesn't matter how happy you are in your life - nothing equates to that feeling and that's why we keep going. And it wouldn't be the same if it happened every week - it's the rarity of a goal like that that makes it. I've never seen so many bodies all over the place.
Incidentally just watched back the whole match - terrible game but joyous hearing the Palace fans, watching Zaha and then the cheating keeper knowing what was coming. Also noticeable that the normally calm Potter can barely stop himself smirking as he comes on the pitch at the end. And confirmation of what I thought at the ground - Marriner was an absolute homer, a pretty awful performance topped off by the delay in giving a foul on the keeper just because he was down and the delicious irony that it was that awful decision that ultimately gave us that moment at the end. Happy days.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton

FFS !

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes

Precisely.

I was stood on the blue tip-up seat giving it large to the scum, with my freshly-minted #2 haircut. I'm 58. If I'd slipped and the seat had snapped my leg, I'd probably limp the rest of my life.

Priceless.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
Goalkeeper's (poor) kick

Veltman's cushioned pass.

Roar from the away end as we realise it's a chance - then after Maupay lofts the ball there was a (very brief) moment of almost complete silence as we wait for the ball to nestle in the net or go wide.

Cue complete pandemonium.

Perfect summary !
but , ...
you could have had an opening line of keeper wasting a full minute of the added time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here