Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That 'Jamie' thread

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
It's a good point. There must be scope for a police complaint in it, or would the editing abscond all responsibility?

Even if Bozza hid the identities of those NSCers who aren't taking responsibility for their actions, I think it would put him in a difficult position with the police.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Even if Bozza hid the identities of those NSCers who aren't taking responsibility for their actions, I think it would put him in a difficult position with the police.

You really are overreacting to this. :shrug:

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Surely the edited version will not contain links to his address, phone number, facebook etc, meaning that people can't nuisance call and whatnot again?

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Surely the edited version will not contain links to his address, phone number, facebook etc, meaning that people can't nuisance call and whatnot again?

I think they are saying that people will read the thread and order Pizzas, Taxis etc to random houses in Sussex.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Part of the thread involved people egging others on to call taxi and pizza companies and funeral parlours to get into contact with those at Jamie Phillip's address.

Wouldn't surprise me if a repost of the thread inspired a fresh round of calls, especially from those who did not read it first time.

So if all of the relevent links to anything that could lead to his personal information, etc. are removed from the thread, how likely is it that anyone will find out where he lives to send him stuff?

The thread won't have any links to identify him or anyone else from the original thread as they would have been removed along with any other links that are considered inappropriate - They would all be removed when the thread is anonymized.

I say bring it back, let people who missed it see what it was about (although it would be in a highly edited form) and it should be locked and maybe also carry a warning that if there are any reports of anything happening towards Jamie, (items sent, etc) then the thread will be pulled, hopefully this will help to allay fears that this thread reappearing will spark another round of items being sent etc.....

If you are unhappy about it being reposted, you are free to leave it unopened and ignore it, equally if people wish to read it and those who control this site think that their anonymized version is suitable, then it should be reinstated to allow those who missed it or wish to read part / all of it again to do so.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
So if all of the relevent links to anything that could lead to his personal information, etc. are removed from the thread, how likely is it that anyone will find out where he lives to send him stuff?

The thread won't have any links to identify him or anyone else from the original thread as they would have been removed along with any other links that are considered inappropriate - They would all be removed when the thread is anonymized.

I say bring it back, let people who missed it see what it was about (although it would be in a highly edited form) and it should be locked and maybe also carry a warning that if there are any reports of anything happening towards Jamie, (items sent, etc) then the thread will be pulled, hopefully this will help to allay fears that this thread reappearing will spark another round of items being sent etc.....

If you are unhappy about it being reposted, you are free to leave it unopened and ignore it, equally if people wish to read it and those who control this site think that their anonymized version is suitable, then it should be reinstated to allow those who missed it or wish to read part / all of it again to do so.

This man KNOWS what to do.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
:bounce:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
:bounce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here