Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That James May Programme on BBC 2

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The best thing that has been on television for years. Fantastic viewing. If you missed it, try and watch it somewhere.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
There is a further James May program on BBC4 as I type and the first program was very good.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The best thing that has been on television for years. Fantastic viewing. If you missed it, try and watch it somewhere.

Agree.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I like James May and this kind of programme isn't seen nowhere near enough, something that was genuinely interesting being presented by somebody who had a genuine interest in the subject that he was presenting.
Top tv.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Sorry to jump across arguments for a moment, but it makes me glad the BBC licence fee can pay to make TV shows like that as opposed to paying for Premier League rights..

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Sorry to jump across arguments for a moment, but it makes me glad the BBC licence fee can pay to make TV shows like that as opposed to paying for Premier League rights..

That is why the BBC is so good as it makes a raft of very good programs that can appeal to many viewers.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Awesome. Those Top Gear guys are very lucky they are able to do the things we would all like to do. Fly nearly into space,footplate of a steam train at 70 mph, drive supercars, and all the other stuff you can think of and get paid for it.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
That is why the BBC is so good as it makes a raft of very good programs that can appeal to many viewers.

Exactly. There are so many other shows you simply can't imagine another channel either being able to do, or do well.

Tomo1794

Apr 7, 2009
Leighton Buzzard
Awesome. Those Top Gear guys are very lucky they are able to do the things we would all like to do. Fly nearly into space,footplate of a steam train at 70 mph, drive supercars, and all the other stuff you can think of and get paid for it.

I'm not sure I'd enjoy shovelling coal for 8 hours and still lose. Did you see the state of him in the bar lol

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Top Gear and James May's program was excellent. Marvellous way to wind down the weekend.

BeardyChops

Jan 24, 2009
I was fearing they might mention Moonraker when he went into the centrifuge.

Roger Moore showing he can do more than just move his eyebrows:

GW200H150

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
What a truly fantastic programme...this might have been, had it been presented by someone who knew a bit more about the subject and/or had some vaguely interesting personality other than just his usual "I'm a cold and uninteresting dead fish" schtick.

It was still very watchable if you're very interested in the subject as I am, but that boring chap's continuing career as a TV personality utterly baffles me, mainly because he doesn't have any discernable TV personality. Ah well, seems to be just me.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
What a truly fantastic programme...this might have been, had it been presented by someone who knew a bit more about the subject and/or had some vaguely interesting personality other than just his usual "I'm a cold and uninteresting dead fish" schtick.

It was still very watchable if you're very interested in the subject as I am, but that boring chap's continuing career as a TV personality utterly baffles me, mainly because he doesn't have any discernable TV personality. Ah well, seems to be just me.

I don't dislike James May that much but I would have preferred someone like Dr. Brian Cox presenting.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I would have watched it if it weren't for the fact that James May was presenting. Why does an interesting programme need a Top Gear face to sell it?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I would have watched it if it weren't for the fact that James May was presenting. Why does an interesting programme need a Top Gear face to sell it?

Because he is a good presenter, and can do serious as well as comic stuff?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Because it would have kept the top gear viewers tuned in and I would wager a much bigger audience watched it than if it had been somebody else

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here