Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

that horrendous tackle on Vincelot

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
having now seen it again on that video, i would say a def red, there were a couple of others well, one on Buckley and one on Dicker that were Nawty.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Was a horrible challenge, should have been a red, i'm guessing that Painter and Ankergren for arguing with the ref/other players but the Gillingham keeper ran up the pitch to get involved as well.
err the Gillingham keeper 9ex BHA keeper Ross Flitney) was instrumental in getting angerreken away from the main maeleee, which he seemed intent on becomig an integral part of.

Given that casper got a yellow for the protest that he did make, Flitney's actions could well have prevented a worse punishment

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
It could be viewed as clumsy but booking 2 of our players was taking the friggin biscuit.

depends what the players said - can only have been booked for dissent - in which case it was their own fault and they should learn to call people nice names!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The difference between the tackles, of course, is that the Doncaster manager agreed Dunk's was worthy of a yellow card only, whereas even the Gillingham manager has seemingly conceded that his own player should have walked. And the fact that Doncaster's entire season revolves around Billy Sharp, whereas Payne is just another Gillingham reserve.

I'm sure there was no malicious intent from Stefan Payne, it's more likely that he's simply a really rubbish footballer :shrug:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
depends what the players said - can only have been booked for dissent - in which case it was their own fault and they should learn to call people nice names!

The Argus says they were booked for dissent, so perhaps the referee heard them saying naughty things. Otherwise he'd have had to book all the players that got involved, which would have left Gillingham with about eight players on the pitch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here