Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

that horrendous tackle on Vincelot

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
should of been a red and their number 3 frampton was lucky as well. ref was good 1st half terrible 2nd half

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Horrid, horrid challenge, fully deserving of a red, but Ankergren set off like a greyhound 60 yards to get involved and Painter nearly knocked the guy over he pushed him so hard, so wasn't surprised they got booked.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
should of been a red and their number 3 frampton was lucky as well. ref was good 1st half terrible 2nd half

He was in my year at school. He's played against us a few times now for Millwall, Brentford and now Gillingham.

I thought he was very lucky to avoid a booking for the aggro and his sustained rant. He played very well though.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Looked awful from where I was in the North.. Glad Vinnie is ok. anyone video it?

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Ref looked to me like he'd tasted every pie before they went on public sale?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Disgusting. Should of gone..end of.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Horrid, horrid challenge, fully deserving of a red, but Ankergren set off like a greyhound 60 yards to get involved and Painter nearly knocked the guy over he pushed him so hard, so wasn't surprised they got booked.

Shows how together he team are IMO.

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
does anyone have video? would be good to see back

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Been up trying to sort out my Sky stuff for the past two hours hence me being late up... however and I'm trying to be devils advocate as opposed to controversial

Can you not see where the Donny fans are coming from for the tackle on Sharp now? We all see a tackle differently and we vehemently backed Dunk as we should as Brighton supporters, but can you not see why they will question it? Because I am sure Gillingham will see the same tackle against our boy and say what we did for Dunk. Isn't it better to just accept it happened and get on with it? On any other day Dunk could have got a red. That's football and shit happens. Don't please get into the technicals of the slo mo or anything I'm not bothered. Just saying it is footy and shit challenges happen, life carries on.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Disgraceful challenge, I was amazed when Vincelot got up. Blatant straight red not given and booked Casper and Painter for protesting against the yellow.

MORTY

Jan 9, 2007
Basingstoke
Been up trying to sort out my Sky stuff for the past two hours hence me being late up... however and I'm trying to be devils advocate as opposed to controversial

Can you not see where the Donny fans are coming from for the tackle on Sharp now? We all see a tackle differently and we vehemently backed Dunk as we should as Brighton supporters, but can you not see why they will question it? Because I am sure Gillingham will see the same tackle against our boy and say what we did for Dunk. Isn't it better to just accept it happened and get on with it? On any other day Dunk could have got a red. That's football and shit happens. Don't please get into the technicals of the slo mo or anything I'm not bothered. Just saying it is footy and shit challenges happen, life carries on.

Not really sure how you can compare the 2. Last night he went completely through vincelot and off the ball. It was horrendous. Dunk's challenge on Saturday was like giving sharp a cuddle in comparison. I have no idea what the ref was watching not to send him off. One of the worst decisions ive seen in a long long time.

Just my opinion of course.

Last edited:

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009

very different from what I saw. Dunk committed early and Sharp turned right which made it look worse and didn't look bad from where I was. The tackle on Vincelot was right below me in the WSU and looked like he went right into him from behind. Unconfirmed rumours he shouted a karate sound and said "take that as your name sounds like a name suggested for the apprentice dog food episode" as he did it too, the ****er.

The angles I saw both at would surely make a difference though, but looked entirely malicious. I feel like starting a 13 page thread on the Gillingham fans board.

Incidently, I thought Vincelot had a good game and played far further up the pitch that I thought he would.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here