Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That great British tradition -- a wet Bank Holiday Monday...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Rangdo said:
Weather was dreadful all day yesterday but is nice today. I've been out in the garden this morning and am just taking a break. I will also be drinking tea but I think I'll take mine out in the garden :)

That's the spirit! GO CRAZY! :clap2: :clap: :clap2:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Tom Hark said:
That's the spirit! GO CRAZY! :clap2: :clap: :clap2:

:lolol:

Ahh, but it's not just any old tea. It's ASSAM. Now tell me thats not just a little crazy.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
It's always a mistake to say you haven't got anything planned for a wet Bank Holiday Monday.

Because the brief walk here:
np-web2.jpg

turned into prolonged wet and muddy chaos when the dog got himself stuck on that picturesque little island.
np-web1.jpg

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I would have thought Nipper was a good swimmer.
What happened?

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Nipper DETESTS swimming and never willingly goes into water unless it is for one of his occasional nice warm baths after rolling in something disgusting.

However, the island has a good few rats living on it and I think he went after one. Because the grass at the Pells has recently been mown, some of the grass cuttings have gone into the water and I think he mistook these for proper grass!

Having turned round and seen he was missing I walked back to find him looking pathetic (as the picture shows) and although he swam across to me, he couldn't climb the steep sides and before I could haul him out, returned to the blasted island.

A small crowd soon formed and one of our friends who lives opposite the Pells went and got a plank that was nearly long enough to cross the water. But the dog wasn't going to risk another swim so we added a bit of trellis to the plank and although he very nearly braved it, he still wouldn't make the leap of faith necessary from the side of the island.

Meanwhile, I'm deciding I'll wade across and get him and Ed is equally determined that I'm going to do no such thing given the dodginess of my leg and unhelpful lack of a working right hand. At which point a very nice woman who lives round the corner and regularly ends up wading into the Pells after her springer spaniel insists on doing the same for Nipper and promptly goes and rescues the daft dog.

Who has now had one of his nice warm baths since he came home absolutely STINKING and is now catching some zzzzzzzzzzzzs on the chair next to me.

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Knowing your adventures recently Roz, I'm glad the very nice woman rescued Nipper instead and that he is unscathed (and unsmelly)

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Grendel said:
They're regulated by Ofwat, which is a government department who, amongst other things, set limits on the prices water companies can charge.

This board ought to be regulated by Oftwat. Hang on...they'd probably censure me too. :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here