Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That great British tradition -- a wet Bank Holiday Monday...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
MYOB said:
...last time I checked your water companies were private? How does the government have any involvement with that?

Do you have "Check ownership status of UK water companies" recorded as a diarised task? How often do you make such a check?

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
This bank holiday I intend watching the play off final, chilling out for a while before going to see Jimmy Carr at the Udderbelly.

jimmycarrawards.jpg

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Oceanic said:
Enjoy the wet weather because when we have two days of sunshine we'll have the water boards saying they’re introduce water meters, as we've had yet another record breaking hot summer.

They are already thinking about introducing water meters so when we've got torrential rain then if we don't use so many gallons a day then they're fine us because if we don't, then it will result in flooding, we can't win.

This government has us over a barrel, it's all down to extra tax.

More bollocks from the bollockmeister. :lolol:

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
MYOB said:
Ah.

Too used to not paying for water here, although its not like the local authorities do a particularly good job of supplying it - theres cryptosporidium in the water in Galway City, for instance.

Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland....

Can you make a post about anything without talking about Ireland?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Shizuoka Dolphin said:
Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland....

Can you make a post about anything without talking about Ireland?

Pot, kettle, black. :jester:

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
dougdeep said:
Pot, kettle, black. :jester:

Knackers! I rarely bring up the fact I'm in JAPAN, unless the situation calls for it and it's enlightening and revealing with regard the topic in hand.

So anyway, what's everyone doing today on your day off? Think I might have some SUSHI while I sing KARAOKE and after climb Mt FUJI or TOKYO TOWER. Not decided which yet, but will ride the BULLET TRAIN and have a WHALE sandwich while I mull it over.

Shizuoka Dolphin said:
Knackers! I rarely bring up the fact I'm in JAPAN, unless the situation calls for it and it's enlightening and revealing with regard the topic in hand.

So anyway, what's everyone doing today on your day off? Think I might have some SUSHI while I sing KARAOKE and after climb Mt FUJI or TOKYO TOWER. Not decided which yet, but will ride the BULLET TRAIN and have a WHALE sandwich while I mull it over.

I rarely mention that I'm in Henfield unless asked.

So anyway, what's everyone doing today on your day off? Think I might have some TESCOS SARDINES while I sing BADLY ALONG WITH A RECORD and after climb THE DEVIL'S DYKE or THE STEPS TO MY LOCAL . Not decided which yet, but will ride the TUC-TUC TAXIS and have a ROAD-KILL BADGER sandwich while I mull it over.:thumbsup:

I just wanted to be a black pot (or smoke some). :jester:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Cadiz Seagull said:
:cool:

Mind you, it's not a bank holiday here so I shall be working hard as usual ;)

I was going to ask if any of our exiles also had a holiday today.

Visiting a relative this morning, and watching the play off final this afternoon.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
NMH said:
I rarely mention that I'm in Henfield unless asked.

So anyway, what's everyone doing today on your day off? Think I might have some TESCOS SARDINES while I sing BADLY ALONG WITH A RECORD and after climb THE DEVIL'S DYKE or THE STEPS TO MY LOCAL . Not decided which yet, but will ride the TUC-TUC TAXIS and have a ROAD-KILL BADGER sandwich while I mull it over.:thumbsup:

I just wanted to be a black pot (or smoke some). :jester:

The White Hart in Henfield does great food.I was there the other week.Shame the landlord comes accross as moody.Tried that transport cafe on sat in bewteen Cowfold and Shermanbury.Very popular but overrated i thought

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I WAS going to Brands Hatch but woke up feeling like SHIT and cant be more than 5meters away from a toilet :angry: at least the weathers poo though.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
dougdeep said:
Holding the beer dregs.

In which the dwyle is soaked before being flung, with varying degrees of accuracy at the opposition. Or at any spectator gormless enough to take their eye off the ball.

PS. As it happens, Mr Jenner did not use dregs yesterday but filled the bucket with ends of barrels.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Weather is nice up here. Hasn't rained all day and is alternating between sunny and cloudy but pleasantly warm.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
It's horrible here. Cold, cloudy and damp. Even the dog is hugely unimpressed at the idea of going out so it's just the sort of day to do absolutely nothing.

Other than drink pots of tea - some of which may be accompanied by hot buttered scones - hang around on the internet, and do a spot of video editing, that is.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
roz said:
It's horrible here. Cold, cloudy and damp. Even the dog is hugely unimpressed at the idea of going out so it's just the sort of day to do absolutely nothing.

Other than drink pots of tea - some of which may be accompanied by hot buttered scones - hang around on the internet, and do a spot of video editing, that is.

Face it, Bank Holidays are ALWAYS shite. We should have LESS of the fuckers, not MORE

Last edited:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Weather was dreadful all day yesterday but is nice today. I've been out in the garden this morning and am just taking a break. I will also be drinking tea but I think I'll take mine out in the garden :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here