Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That great British tradition -- a wet Bank Holiday Monday...

Enjoy the wet weather because when we have two days of sunshine we'll have the water boards saying they’re introduce water meters, as we've had yet another record breaking hot summer.

They are already thinking about introducing water meters so when we've got torrential rain then if we don't use so many gallons a day then they're fine us because if we don't, then it will result in flooding, we can't win.

This government has us over a barrel, it's all down to extra tax.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Oceanic said:
Enjoy the wet weather because when we have two days of sunshine we'll have the water boards saying they’re introduce water meters, as we've had yet another record breaking hot summer.

They are already thinking about introducing water meters so when we've got torrential rain then if we don't use so many gallons a day then they're fine us because if we don't, then it will result in flooding, we can't win.

This government has us over a barrel, it's all down to extra tax.

Do you rage against everything, or do you ever take a day off from yourself? If must get quite tiring finding the bad in every situation?

For the record, I had a water meter installed and have saved loads on my water bills :thumbsup:

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
MYOB said:
...last time I checked your water companies were private? How does the government have any involvement with that?

They're regulated by Ofwat, which is a government department who, amongst other things, set limits on the prices water companies can charge.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Bry Nylon said:
Do you rage against everything, or do you ever take a day off from yourself? If must get quite tiring finding the bad in every situation?

For the record, I had a water meter installed and have saved loads on my water bills :thumbsup:

Yea bollocks.Unless of course you live on your own

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Grendel said:
They're regulated by Ofwat, which is a government department who, amongst other things, set limits on the prices water companies can charge.

Ah.

Too used to not paying for water here, although its not like the local authorities do a particularly good job of supplying it - theres cryptosporidium in the water in Galway City, for instance.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
MYOB said:
Ah.

Too used to not paying for water here, although its not like the local authorities do a particularly good job of supplying it - theres cryptosporidium in the water in Galway City, for instance.

Lovely! Curiously, one of the things that Ofwat doesn't have a hand in is the quality of drinking water - that's down to a completely different government body.

Today I went to Harvey's Brewery, where a bunch of strangely dressed people got soaked in beer. And I got soaked in the rain.

Tomorrow, I shall just get soaked in the rain.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
But if you are going to get soaking wet, Harvey's Brewery is as good a place as any...
df0721.thumb.jpg

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
roz said:
But if you are going to get soaking wet, Harvey's Brewery is as good a place as any...
df0721.thumb.jpg

I would say "you should get out more..."

But I fear you be getting out a little too much!

:) xx

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
making up baby milk, feeding, changing nappies, changing his clothes, tidying up used nappies/kitchen roll/towels/clothes/bottles etc, hopefully sleeping at some point...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here