Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That Dan Harding - he's rubbish

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
His first touch was poor, some of his passing was wayward, but he took the goal well.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
London Irish said:

Harding's easiest game of the season by far. Encouraged to meander up the left wing, in a fairly ineffectual kind of way, well out of the way of the nasty big boys who could put him under any sort of pressure. Ball dropping at his feet for the winner was a bonus. The stats will show that we picked up three points today & the stats don't lie. They just don't tell the whole truth. If it had finished goal-less eight minutes later, NSC would be a completely different board tonight. Take the three points and run - before somebody makes us give them back.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I had the feeling during the game we'd sneak it 1-0.

Spared a thought for the Rotherham fans who came down. Remember how gutting it was losing at Stoke a couple of seasons back.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Turkey said:

Spare a thought for the Rotherham fans who came down.

There can't have been more than 120 of them. Rotherham's not that far. Mind you there must have been about 700 empty seats in total.:nono:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Turkey said:
Remember how gutting it was losing at Stoke a couple of seasons back.
That was a desperate night...a midweek match, a shitty journey, and a totally gutless 0-1 defeat in such a massively crucual match for us. One of those games where I really, really wish I hadn't bothered.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
dougdeep said:
There can't have been more than 120 of them. Rotherham's not that far. Mind you there must have been about 700 empty seats in total.:nono:

You removed the "d" from spared to suggest I said you should spare a thought. :nono: :jester:

I did. Stoke was heart breaking. I guess there lot must be well and truley gutted. I wouldn't say we were gutless though Easy. Was that the game when Rougier did a weird belly flop in front of goal? I think he was trying to head it.

Waterhall Wizard

Only one PETER WARD
Oct 14, 2004
East of Brighton
Re: Re: That Dan Harding - he's rubbish

Tom Hark said:
Harding's easiest game of the season by far. Encouraged to meander up the left wing, in a fairly ineffectual kind of way, well out of the way of the nasty big boys who could put him under any sort of pressure. Ball dropping at his feet for the winner was a bonus. The stats will show that we picked up three points today & the stats don't lie. They just don't tell the whole truth. If it had finished goal-less eight minutes later, NSC would be a completely different board tonight. Take the three points and run - before somebody makes us give them back.

That Simon Cowell has a hell of a lot to answer to. So many pretenders to his Champion Synics' throne

As pundits go, for Christ's sake don't give up your day job THPP.

Why can't you just be honest? Tell the truth. Something like,
"I've got this mental block where Dan Harding is concerned. I've said he's crap and I can't go back on that. It's taken a great deal of verbal diarrhoea, over many weeks, to build up a picture of a useless twat, who must be shagging the manager to get in the team.

Even if he has a good game, I can't say anything complimentary about him. That would undermine all the rubish I've said about him in the past."

Last edited:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Re: Re: Re: That Dan Harding - he's rubbish

Waterhall Wizard said:
That Simon Cowell has a hell of a lot to answer to. So many pretenders to his Champion Synics' throne

"I've got this mental block where Dan Harding is concerned. I've said he's crap and I can't go back on that. It's taken a great deal of verbal diarrhoea, over many weeks, to build up a piture of a useless twat, who must be shagging the manager to get in the team.

Even if he has a good game, I can't say anything complimentary about him. That would undermine all the rubish I've said about him in the past."

Kerry and Charlie also fall into that category. I've criticised Dan before and I didn't think he was that good (or bad) today. Decent prospect but his SCR interview gave me the creeps. He's going to bugger off at the end of the season isn't he!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Re: Re: Re: That Dan Harding - he's rubbish

Waterhall Wizard said:

"I've got this mental block where Dan Harding is concerned. I've said he's crap and I can't go back on that. It's taken a great deal of verbal diarrhoea, over many weeks, to build up a piture of a useless twat, who must be shagging the manager to get in the team.

Fair enough point. I don't rate Harding. Got this enduring mental image of a startled sheep where Dan's concerned. My fault I'm sure. And I AM sure. He's a young lad. If he was MY lad - who's the same age as Dan - then I'd be proud as f*** of him. There's no way I'd have even mentioned anything anti-Dan tonight if it wasn't for :sheep: Comical LI starting this thread. Just rose to the bait like he knew I would. However I also know that if we'd lost by a single goal to Rotherham, no matter how freaky or unfair that goal might have been, there would have been a dozen threads with titles like:

- 'Has McGhee Lost the Plot'
- 'Why The Fcuk Wasnt Gary Hart Brought On'
- 'What The Hell Was Dan Harding Doing Being Played On The Left Wing'

So don't look for anything in the way of apology from this poster. Today's win was both shit, and a MASSIVE three points. Happy for the team. Happy for Dan. Tho not so happy for either that I go all happy-clappy :sheep: on ya!

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Taylors Dummy said:
Funny how Dan looks good against a side that has only won once this season.................mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Bloody nora - Knight last week, Harding this - Do people playing well always upset you? Dan was shit against Ipswich, deserved criticism, he was much improved today & deserves credit. He did everything one could ask of him, looked much more composed and confident and got a good goal. Well done, m'lad.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Albion Edd said:
He seems far better as a wing back, he did well going foward today. :clap:

I agree. Beside the goal he did score, he came pretty close to another earlier.

Re: Re: Re: Re: That Dan Harding - he's rubbish

Tom Hark said:
There's no way I'd have even mentioned anything anti-Dan tonight if it wasn't for :sheep: Comical LI starting this thread. Just rose to the bait like he knew I would. However I also know that if we'd lost by a single goal to Rotherham, no matter how freaky or unfair that goal might have been, there would have been a dozen threads with titles like:

- 'Has McGhee Lost the Plot'
- 'Why The Fcuk Wasnt Gary Hart Brought On'
- 'What The Hell Was Dan Harding Doing Being Played On The Left Wing'

So don't look for anything in the way of apology from this poster. Today's win was both shit, and a MASSIVE three points. Happy for the team. Happy for Dan. Tho not so happy for either that I go all happy-clappy :sheep: on ya!

Ah, poor old Tom, a cloud always passes over one small part of BN1 when we win :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Never mind, keep those thread titles warm for next week auld fella, yesterday was probably just a freak, statistical blip :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Easy 10 said:
That was a desperate night...a midweek match, a shitty journey, and a totally gutless 0-1 defeat in such a massively crucual match for us. One of those games where I really, really wish I hadn't bothered.

And add to that a freezing cold wind blowing in from the corner where the stadium hadn't been finished off.

A horrible night all round :eek:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: That Dan Harding - he's rubbish

London Irish said:
Ah, poor old Tom, a cloud always passes over one small part of BN1 when we win :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Never mind, keep those thread titles warm for next week auld fella, yesterday was probably just a freak, statistical blip :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Stick to the egg-chasing matey ;)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Re: Re: Re: Re: That Dan Harding - he's rubbish

Turkey said:
his SCR interview gave me the creeps. He's going to bugger off at the end of the season isn't he!
According to the News of the World today, Harding is on £300 per week. If thats the case (and its probably not too wide of the mark), unless he gets offered a massively improved contract, he most certainly will be offski.

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Molango is on £400 a week and that's what Beasant was offered 18 months ago so presumably that is what his new contract is.

Whatever it is, he doesn't want to sign it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ecomonics is the order of the day and we may have an Inland Revenue bill to settle shortly.

I am afraid he is leaving to highest possible bidder - Everton I'd imagine although they did bid for BZ once and were turned down.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I won't be all that sorry to see him go, as most of the time, in my humble opion, he is cack.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here