[Football] That Crystal Palace banner

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
A52B7878-81C9-42D1-9EF6-A01992B9F5F8.jpeg

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Fans have been saying it aint good enough for years and nothing changed.,

The fans backlash stopped the super league in its tracks. You underestimate the power of all fans if they are as one.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
The fans backlash stopped the super league in its tracks. You underestimate the power of all fans if they are as one.

I think you over estimate it. Why hasn't it worked against the owners test when for years fans have been saying its not good enough.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I think you over estimate it. Why hasn't it worked against the owners test when for years fans have been saying its not good enough.

Oh well Andy , I’ll leave you to it.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59094163

This is a better way to do things. They have my full support.

It was difficult to watch that due to her rather odd eyesight....quite dis-arming.

I decided to just listen to her but I couldn't understand that either, due to her thick Geordie accent. A real genuine Newcastle Untied supporter though....( well....I would be too with the money she will make out of it all.. ! )

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
It was difficult to watch that due to her rather odd eyesight....quite dis-arming.

I decided to just listen to her but I couldn't understand that either, due to her thick Geordie accent. A real genuine Newcastle Untied supporter though....( well....I would be too with the money she will make out of it all.. ! )

:lolol: :bowdown:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Are we being lectured to by a supporter of a club whose ownership is deliberately hidden via the use of entities registered in Delaware? Surely not....

Nightmare scenario tomorrow: North Stand waving a peevish anti Saudi banner as Newcastle steal the game 1-0 and their fans laugh at us.

I can't see the EPL doing a U turn over the ownership arrangements at Newcastle, having spent 18 months to set it all up, and as I have said before, unless Newcastle fans themselves turn on the club the protests look like nothing more than envy dressed up as cant to me.

And this has nothing to do with my disgust that foreign torturing regimes have been allowed to join the other batallion of shyster owners, and buy English clubs.

Last edited:

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Oh well Andy , I’ll leave you to it.

No answer then? Perhaps you could tell me how many times in the history of football fans been so outraged about something that it has stood with one voice like it did against the Super League?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Nightmare scenario tomorrow: North Stand waving a peevish anti Saudi banner as Newcastle steal the game 1-0 and their fans laugh at us.

I can't see the EPL doing a U turn over the ownership arrangements at Newcastle, having spent 18 months to set it all up, and as I have said before, unless Newcastle fans themselves turn on the club the protests look like nothing more than envy dressed up as cant to me.

And this has nothing to do with my disgust that foreign torturing regimes have been allowed to join the other batallion of shysters owners, and buy English clubs.

Come on 'H', what happened to the velvet flares, Afghan coat wearing revolutionary sporting the V sign?

Bin the leather elbow pads and fight the good fight with spunk and belief.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Come on 'H', what happened to the velvet flares, Afghan coat wearing revolutionary sporting the V sign?

Bin the leather elbow pads and fight the good fight with spunk and belief.

???

Let's just hope we don't have 28,000* faces like smaked arses at 90 minutes tomorrow.

*22,000, before applying pretendance bonus

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

This is funny. A palace fan, nowhere to be seen when their club are having problems, telling a Brighton fan, countless protests for the duration of over a decade for their club, that they underestimate fan power.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
This is funny. A palace fan, nowhere to be seen when their club are having problems, telling a Brighton fan, countless protests for the duration of over a decade for their club, that they underestimate fan power.

That fan thinks fan power doesn’t really work, there’s another example .

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Bear in mind you are conversing there with one of the tragic gaggle of lobotomised goons from the BBS who delight in perpetuating a myth that we "gave up the Goldstone without a fight".

It takes a special and refined type of stupidity to peddle this line endlessly, as most football fans across the country would have seen the numerous protests, sit-ins, walk-outs, match abandonments, points deductions as a result etc etc making the national news at the time. The Goldstone was chaos every week towards the end.

Thick as mince, them. And seemingly proud of it.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59094163

This is a better way to do things. They have my full support.

"The test assesses whether any criminal activity has taken place by prospective owners, but currently does not specifically mention human rights allegations within that."

I would have thought murdering someone, dismembering him and disposing of his body parts might count as criminal activity.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
"The test assesses whether any criminal activity has taken place by prospective owners, but currently does not specifically mention human rights allegations within that."

I would have thought murdering someone, dismembering him and disposing of his body parts might count as criminal activity.

Yep. Hopefully with Amnesty International having chats this situation won't happen again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here