Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That Bloke That Created Fans United in 1997 - Wasnt he a Plymouth Fan?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I concur, if we could help with a bucket collection etc I'm sure we would, however I think Plymouth are beyond collections by now.

But would be very nice to see a bit of support for the club, and more importantly the few hundred supporters who travel 200 odd miles on a Tuesday evening to see their team, bottom of the league, on a poor run and having sold all their best players, playing at the worst (and relatively speaking, most overpriced) ground in the entire Football League.

Due respect to every one of them :bowdown:

Last edited:

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
How about a 1 minutes applause? Atilla - could you help organise via the PA?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I concur, if we could help with a bucket collection etc I'm sure we would, however I think Plymouth are beyond collections by now.

But would be very nice to see a bit of support for the club, and more importantly the few hundred supporters who travel 200 odd miles on a Tuesday evening to see their team, bottom of the league, on a poor run and having sold all their best players, playing at the worst (and relatively speaking, most overpriced) ground in the entire Football League.

And yet you can guarentee the first song that H Block sing will be 'is that all you take away' :lolol:

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea

The lady continues to speak sense.

(woman, sense - I know, it doesn't compute!)

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
I'll read out Richard's message at half-time - I think we should definitely organise tickets for the first Amex League game for him & his family.

Is there anything we can do to help Argyle on the wider stage? A banner showing support?

A quick bucket collection (maybe too late to organise for tmrw night?) at a home match should raise £400 towards the vital publicity they need. That's what it's all about, publicity, as well we all know.

Paul S.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
But he wont be there to hear it. I think an invite to the Amex would be more apt.

Yes definately for an invite to the amex, what I meant was a minutes applause to those who have made it tomorrow and show our solidarity to our fellow supporters.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'll read out Richard's message at half-time - I think we should definitely organise tickets for the first Amex League game for him & his family.

Is there anything we can do to help Argyle on the wider stage? A banner showing support?

A quick bucket collection (maybe too late to organise for tmrw night?) at a home match should raise £400 towards the vital publicity they need. That's what it's all about, publicity, as well we all know.

Paul S.

Thanks Paul :thumbsup:

You could be on to something there, I don't suppose the collection would do much debt-wise, but might come in handy for their Supporters Trust fighting fund.

Banners, songs (yes, I know: at Withdean!!), all would be good. Though I fear our need for points will overshadow any immediate sense of solidarity, at least unless we go 3-0 up...

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Paul S.

Is a bucket-collection that hard to sort?

I'm off work tomorrow - can I help?

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing

Paul S.

Great! The amount of money we can raise helps the fighting fund, but the show of solidarity we can show means a hell of a lot more, and will give them hope, as it did to us when others supported us not so long ago. We will do our utmost to win in 90 minutes, but happy to spend 15 minutes in the middle standing with our fellow fans, cos they are having a shit week!

KGollop

Feb 21, 2011
It's heartwarming to see such a show of solidarity from fellow football supporters. Thanks to all for your kind words and actions.

Kevin.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's already on there 16BHA :thumbsup:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's already linked up on PASOTI :) I believe it's all ticket for away fans tomorrow, I'm not sure how many we've sold though.

All ticket but I think you can ring up, book and collect on the gate.

The-Libertine

May 2, 2006
I've always thought one of the ramp up games at the Amex should be against Plymouth. I like the idea even more now.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
It's heartwarming to see such a show of solidarity from fellow football supporters. Thanks to all for your kind words and actions.

Kevin.

i was just thinking the same thing. I didnt know how it was going to go when I started the thread. I find it strange that the Richard has now kids of his own. It really speaks volumes that a young teenager who started a campaign, now has his own kids. It really has been a long time hasnt it?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
re: bucket collection.

I organised that one for Wrexham before our game with Burnley a few years back. It raised more than £1,500 (if I remember rightly) and it was on a day when it was snowing like buggery.

That said, if you go on their trust's site (click on the link in my sig and there is a link to it) you can donate by a pay pal which would be nice if a few Seagulls fans made the effort.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
It all builds up.
If a few blokes are willing to stand around tonight with a few buckets, even if one in every few people give a quid or so, your up to £1000 before you know it. That given to the supporters trust is another thousand pound that can be used towards further publicity, which is what it's all about.
I'd happily give a few quid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here