Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thank you Slade

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Agree we should not forget what he did for us last year. Really feel for him though, as this was a big opportunity for him. He has brought in some quality players who will go on and do very well for us. Shame it has worked out they way it has. I wish him good luck for the future.

What he said! :bowdown:

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
best of luck for the future Russ, thanks for last season, sorry to see you go.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Let us remember your Albion career for your fantastic work in keeping us in League One last season, and giving us a realistic opportunity of being in the Championship once Falmer is complete.

I'm pleased you leave on happy terms, and hope you find a suitable job soon.

0,,10433~5845668,00.jpg
:clap2:

throbinson

Feb 18, 2009
Shropshire
It's not Slades fault we are where we are, certain players havent performed this season and i hope they are hanging their heads in shame, think slade was a damm good manager it's a shame the board didn't have the bottle to stick with him. They should sack the players too thier the one's that don't perform

Very sorry to see you go Russell.

An honest, intelligent and articulate manager with many other good qualities who tried to provide us with entertaining and successful football.

You kept us up against the odds last season having been given an almost impossible task. Sadly a combination of bad luck with injuries and players lacking the intelligence to avoid being sent off or making major clangers at both ends of the pitch proved how fine a dividing line it is between success and failure.

You deserved better and good luck for the future :thumbsup:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Just adding my thanks to Russell on this thread. A good man let down by his players. I wish him the best for the future.

kjgood

I agree

Many thanks for saving us last year, i believe that given time he would have done a good job long term. Unfortunatly we dont have the time.

Lets see when plan B is announced what Mr Bloom has in store for us.

Best of luck to Mr Slade in wherever he ends up unless its:

Palace
Southampton
Portsmouth
Leeds
Swansea
Mansfield (dont ask)
and Man Ure

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here