Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thank you Slade

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Thanks Russell. Good luck for the future.

dahdevon

Oct 3, 2009
many thanks big russ,we wont forget you,and i think i speak for the majority of the fans when i say good luck in whatever you land next.be lucky big man...

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Agreed. RS achieved a near-miracle last season keeping us up. He is also clearly a top,top man and it is a huge shame things haven't worked out this season. Really hope he gets a chance elsewhere now and does well.

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
Thank you Russell, Especially for keeping us up last season. Shame things didnt work out this year.

Last edited:

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Sad to see him go, as I feel sorry for anyone having to come in and try and repair the destruction of the club that Adams left him.

However, he appeared to have lost it a little bit this season, demonstrated most notably by our frankly shocking disciplinary record.

Top bloke, who may have done better had he not had to take over a squad so bewildered and low on morale thanks to the idiot before him.

Good luck in the future, Russell.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I'll never forget the relief of surviving at the end of the season last season. A properly nice bloke who I thought was moving things in the right direction, and made some astute signings. I also thought he was unlucky with not being able to put his first eleven out all season.

However, like another big-nosed diminuitive fella, he didn't want his generals to be good, he wanted them to be lucky. I also think there are one or two players who need a good hard look at themselves for their part in downfall.

Good luck, Russ.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Yep, Russell was a top man and no mistake. Very sorry to see one of our longest serving managers in recent times leave the club.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
I'm gutted, I kept on thinking it was going to work out for him,because I wanted it too so much.

no1brightonfan

Jul 31, 2009
Good luck for your future Russell. You are a top man, thanks for the memories of last season. Without you we would be in div2. Hope now that some of our so called top players take a long hard look at themselves and realise that they are partly responsilbe for his departure.

murraymint

Aug 13, 2008
Am gutted for him. Always came across as a very pleasant, honest guy who wanted to the best for the club and the fans. Am sorry it did not work out for him, but fans will not forget what he did for us last season when we looked dead and buried.
His efforts mean we still have a realistic chance of starting life in Falmer in the Championship and not in L1 or L2.

Thanks and good luck in the future.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I thought it was the right time for him to go, but definitely no need for hard feelings.

He did a bloody good job to keep us up against the odds last season, and it's only right and fair that he should be remembered and thanked for that. I'm glad the parting seems to have been on good terms, he deserves that.

Bert365

May 7, 2006
Im gutted! Thank you Mr Slade for all the stuff you done for the club Can't help but think this is the players fort. Not Yours Good luck with your next club im sure you'll do a great job when given the time.:angry:

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Tragic. Absolutely top man. Who else could have kept us up last season? Some of our players should take a hard look at themselves because they lost you your job, and us a decent manager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here