Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Texas man kills pervert abusing his daughter.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm pretty sure that it wouldnt necessitate the girl making a visit to hospital either.

I'm obviously not suggesting for a second that is what happened. The girl was sent to hospital for examinations though, rather than treatment.

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
And here's the debate.

How is that showing common sense? I'm not saying the attacker deserves to be put away for life, but for me, it isn't for the Sheriff to make that call - it is for a JURY.

Completely agree. A jury acquitting him of murder is very different from a Sheriff deciding there are no grounds for prosecution. The legal system cannot be seen to endorse such actions, even if it is ultimately sympathetic to why he did what he did.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Completely agree. A jury acquitting him of murder is very different from a Sheriff deciding there are no grounds for prosecution. The legal system cannot be seen to endorse such actions, even if it is ultimately sympathetic to why he did what he did.

The sheriff HASN'T 'made that call' though. Bushy has made that part up.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Of course it isnt , juries decide guilt on what someone is charged with, the sheriff was there in the immediate aftermath, he was presented with the facts and decided there was no case to answer.
Yes, but he's wrong. A man lies dead after another man is suspected of beating him to death. That in itself IS a case to answer.

Edit: I'm confused. Has bushy made up that bit or not? ???

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Of course I f***ing have , if it was a clear cut case of murder do you think they'd be waiting around for a grand jury ?

I don't understand your point, really I don't. You said that the 'sheriff had applied common sense in deciding the man had no case to answer'.

He's done no such thing. He's simply conducting an investigation, and presenting his findings to a judge to make that decision.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Manslaughter or unlawful killing, surely. 'Murder' implies pre-meditation / intent to kill.

Yep fair enough.....IF...the man was abusing the child... what im saying is, if there are no witnesses, and no medical evidence shows up, then you have the word of the alleged killer... and im not sure thats enough for the legal system.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I havent made anything up, If it was a clear cut case of murder , the SHERIFF / DA would have charged him immediately. A grand Jury is for ambiguous cases.

I'm done with this thread now, as you are so very clearly in the wrong, that we are just going round in circles.

I never said it WAS a 'clear case of murder'. It clearly isn't as at the very least there will be a strong mitigation based argument in the man's defense.

But the simple fact is, the SHERRIFF has NOT made any decisions on whether or not the man will be charged.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Maybe that is why there is a strict set of rules governing the judiciary - because a couple of paragraphs is insufficient for any reasonable person to make any decision about a very disturbing incident ?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
FFS. NO, he isn't wrong, because he HASN'T actually said that at all.
Oh right. This is going well isn't it? :lolol:

I havent made anything up, If it was a clear cut case of murder , the SHERIFF / DA would have charged him immediately. A grand Jury is for ambiguous cases.
You do appear to be implying that this won't end up in front of the courts because the sheriff showed common sense that is missing in our judicial system. However, this clearly isn't the case. I'd be astonished if there wasn't some case to answer, given that a man lies dead having been beaten to death.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Maybe that is why there is a strict set of rules governing the judiciary - because a couple of paragraphs is insufficient for any reasonable person to make any decision about a very disturbing incident ?

Quite.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I know everyone like to see people like this 'get what they deserve' but this is just a horrible story.

The abuser is dead, the father saw his child being abused and ended up killing someone and the poor girl was both abused and had to watch her dad beat someone to death. No one wins. It's bloody horrible.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The video is interesting. I find it astonishing that the sheriff hasn't attempted to press charges on the attacker. We can all understand why the father did it (we'd probably all try and do the same in the heat of the moment), but this doesn't make it right. Or does it? I'd have thought you let the law decide because surely this opens the door to vigilante law?

I agree with this.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
he has my full support. I hope he gets a full pardon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here